/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

redacted INterviewer edition

>Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
- FAQ pastebin.com/thLgSkNE
- WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
- PYRAMID i.imgur.com/0QoLttS.jpg
- TEN CURRY COMMANDMENTS pastebin.com/raw/dBbdE73M
- TEN NEON COMMANDMENTS pastebin.com/raw/Ud2pGYaE

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

news:
x264 christmas freeleech over
nwcd forever btfo
10 freeleech tokens on red

failed interview:

Attached: __miyaura_sanshio_original_drawn_by_beifeng_han__4882398f2d6cfde0464b806305c6819d.jpg (1760x2500, 350K)

Other urls found in this thread:

canyouseeme.com
canyouseeme.org/
redacted.ch/better.php?method=snatch&filter=seeding
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You were given the perfect image to use, yet you still manage to pollute the thread with an irrelevant pedo-cartoon.

RED should setup an appointment system.

I want her to sit on my face.

>pedo

Nothing pedo about those giant anime tiddies.

They should set up a "don't remove recruitment thread from GGN for no reason" system
fucking hell

They should set up a "bend over for puff" system

Should I write a guide on how to download, convert and upload from BandCamp to RED, would it get me noticed by staff or inviters?

Which torrents should I use my RED freeleech tokens on if I want to boost my upload? I can never get any fucking upload on that site because nobody uses it. Every single torrent has a few hundred snatches and a few hundred seeds. It's infuriating.

>average time in queue: 7h 40m 32s

Attached: laffintbhcara.jpg (2980x2198, 698K)

no need. it's been done.

>Nothing pedo about those giant anime...
Say no more. You’re likely the local diddler who can’t get pussy. Drink some tea laced with cyanide, pleb.

I snatch a lot of electronic series mixes which I like and find it has an added bonus of being great to seed because people will decide to "grab while set" and downloaded every album. Fabriclive 100 the new Kode9 and Burial is out, that has a lot of seeds but permaseeding that long term you'll still net positive. I keep all series seeding. John Digweed Live In, DJ Kicks mixes, all that shit is gold long term.

thx user

How edgy

No problem. You can also pyramid popular new releases. I don't really bother with that anymore but I used to do that on WCD. Check the "autosnatchers unite" thread for some advice on general buffer racing but I used to just program in upcoming normie releases and that usually worked out pretty well. Can't use a token to grab them though.

I haven't had much of a problem keeping buffer on RED just by permaseeding though. I also think the economy should get a little better now that Apollo is down.

those glorious red recs are pumping up that sweet upload buffer. godamn

>Can't use a token to grab them though
You need to append the token string to the end of your autodl URL, or use varroa that has a setting to use tokens when available.

Shouldv'e used it on the recs but you're late now

>varroa that has a setting to use tokens when available
Does it now? Last I checked it could only use tokens for manual snatches.

Same. Those vinyl rips are really paying off.

Yeah, I almost have a 0.2 ratio on average with being the first to snatch them. :)

Thanks for your input Rajesh

ggn tracker still down. the absolute state!

How can I improve my upload on RED, should I get a seedbox? I'm getting 500mb a day by uploading a bandcamp album and I'm 6 months away from the user class I need. Problem is that will only get me to around 350GB and not 500

Spend $10 on one (1) month seedbox rental and you'll easily pass the 500GB upload needed for TM.

What the fuck is wrong with the GGn tracker?

It's run by gamers.

What can I say? Cheers.

Attached: 1538485303305.jpg (506x1024, 89K)

Cheers

fuck you theislandlimit stop coming here

make meee

i don't mind theislandlimit. blueyoshi on the other hand...

You look like your in another world and i can read your mind.
It's 4o'clock in the morning and it's starrrrrrrrting to get light

Attached: 1497655941521.jpg (354x286, 15K)

another day another 1,22gb upload on red

Attached: 1538253163524.jpg (1407x2105, 334K)

>guide
Why the fuck would you need one?

Guide to tying my shoes?

What is it about humanity that makes some people turn into absolute autistic faggots about sharing stuff people enjoy?
Is it the single-parent white house holds who never taught their kids not to be pieces of shit?

Attached: f05.png (680x680, 53K)

fuck off

Explain yourself, negro boy.

Entitled, damaged boomers raised a generation of entitled, xxl-damaged millennials.

nigger detected
Just throwing questions into the thread cuz bored.
I haven't dealt with any of these people myself but just wondering what causes these people to become like this
makes sense

I have several hit and runs suddenly because GGn doesn't fix their tracker. What did they say on irc?

tfw ratio of >1 on all them and I was 2 hours late

another day another 27GiB upload on RED

Obligatory FUCK RED post

you'll be fine

It's a good question if you want to take serious look at it. Open trackers tend to have pretty poor quality control and retention, since their is no incentive other than being nice but with such a disconnected human element to it you don't get that reward feeling for being nice like you do in person with sharing. Then when it gets closed you solve some of the quality problems by having a community and an economy that is supposed to support it, but sometimes that goes to far toward just rules and red tape. I think the community is what drives things like internal encodes and things that make some really great outcomes and having some exclusivity to the access to those makes it more enticing to make them perhaps?

Then I think their is a strange obedience psychology that goes on where some of the staff will do some stupid over-reactive things because they think they are doing it for a greater good. What was that test done a long time ago where the participants "shocked" people getting asked questions in a fake experiment?

milgram experiment

(You)

(Me)? Or (Him)?

Jesus Christ GGN is such a shit tier tracker. Why the fuck does it claim that I am not connectable again when the other 10 trackers that I am seeding on are perfectly fine.

Because their tracker is down retard

Shit tier tracker, like I said.

Yeah that's it. Got some autist behind an irc and forum admin panel laying down the rules retardly because he thinks it's for the best of the tracker and torrenting community, they just stop thinking for themselves.

Just got into GGN today. What's the best current way to start leveling up for the grind to PTP?

>supposedly the best gaming tracker
>good enough for PTP and BTN to recruit on
>tracker down for 12 hours because one guy is asleep
>mfw

Attached: 1350495880554.gif (486x360, 1.93M)

By the time you have the 6mo requirement the thread will be abandoned and the recruiter will be AWOL so you might as well just give up now, user.

use the http announce url instead of https.
search the wiki for "http". youll find it

That's what happened a few months ago and they sent a new recruiter, also the only other alternative is FUCKRED

>believing BTN still recruits on GGn
apex kek

is it possible to get into theoccult? is there a feasible pathway in without knowing anyone?

How many demons have you summoned?

Her thighs are fucked

lol i'm not really looking for that kind of stuff. more esoteric teachings. daoist/eastern perspective stuff. there's a lot of stuff that's only in physical books that i can't find online. i'm guessing you're joking, but in my experience there's a lot of people into that kind of thing.

does anyone know if i'll find the material i'm looking for there? thanks :)

What will the compensation for GGn downtime be?

Yes you can.

Anyway I'm sure they are recruiting on GardenCenterStage (I'm looking at the thread right now) and I assume you can get into also from other .click sites, if you have an high user class and have been a member for +1 year.

what does canyouseeme.com say? don't rely on what your trackers say

Best way is get PU and apply for RED recruitment, ranking up there makes more sense than relying on GGn.

>they are recruiting on GardenCenterStage
fucking lol. A tracker with less than 300 people on it, funneh joke user.
/marked/ btw

Legend on AB (if you dont have more than 5% shitty music) should get you into HDB.

>GCS
wow you're a fuckin turbonerd huh?

Because ranking up on RED is easier than GGn, right?

>GGn will die before Bloodstained is released

THE THRILL IS GONE

>.click sites
Almost IPT and MAM tier of donation farming.

HDB don't recruit on AB

wow i've never even heard of gardencenterstage. just looked into it right now. not sure how to get in there either. i'm elite+ on several big trackers (and a few small ones) and i've never heard of it.

I'm not any of the .click sites, but i'm sure i can get into thegeeks

It's more stable. The PTP recruiter hasn't gone missing once, it's mostly well run, the secure tracking actually functions.
You have six months of effort either way, but one path guarantees the PTP invite while the other path is a coin toss.

No shit retard.

Well I thought I read the opposite. And that GGN had access to other higher trackers than just the RED path.

Plus, 500 uploads is just going to be brutal. At 85 and have no desire to do anymore

It's really not that difficult. GCS themselves are recruiting on TheOccult highest user class, I frequently see user in the forum saying they come from there. I joined through Exigo myself (What > user invite > Pedro > Exigo > GCS)

Anyway I just checked and TheOccult is recruiting on TheGeeks and TheVault and requires you have an account of 1 year and being PU.

Daily reminder that Jon (the mod) loves this thread

Attached: 4L_R9jMvr2l.png (500x500, 185K)

GGn is the meme path, it can work if you are lucky and message the recruiter asap after the thread goes live, but you have no chance if you need to wait six months.

BTN should recruit on RED.

Same user as and here

you think they care bout /marking/? LMAO
Users sel and trade invites on the fucking forum of that tracker. Btw they are close to 400 users now.

Awesome. It's gonna be some work, but nothing that I can't manage. Cheers!

you ain't wrong

that doesn't help when the http tracker is down

>canyouseeme.com
domain parked. try again plz

yeah my bad you're right. i've been getting a lot of disconnection and hnr's as a result of the shady https tracker, and found that this works. but it seems everything's down.

fuck me for giving the wrong site but fuck you for not googling it
canyouseeme.org/

500 is simple as fuck. Try to do this every day if you can, or at least 5 times a week. Takes about 5-10 minutes.

>sort Bandcamp by new release
>first 3 pages will have one release that is free
>check RED for artist/album, usually won't have it
>download FLAC, sort out tags/name, convert to V0 and 320
>upload all 3

That gives you 3 uploads and the FLAC will be auto-snatched by 6-15 seedboxes.

500/500GB will take maybe 6-8 months from joining.

forum mods arent staff, jon can go eat sand

Attached: 1510389039383.png (1235x169, 14K)

>Bandcamp
DISGUSTING

I tried that when I 1st joined, but I think people underestimate how fast Bandcamp releases are snatched up now. Everyone is doing it. I have another method, but it's still time consuming. It's closer to 30 minutes when you factor in transcoding and uploading, etc.

It is what it is though.

So is it kind of pointless to rank up on GGN now?

I joined red 3 months ago and I've been doing that via Bandcamp, only run into a duplicate once. Bandcamp is not snatched up fast.

Jon is just some smelly dude from Brazil who watches way too much GoT

Use the script on the RED forums to download the bandcamp release and it will auto name, tag, transcode to v0/320, and create torrents for all three.
The YADG script on the forums will autofill the upload page from a bandcamp link.
Using those two scripts you can have 30 uploads in 45-60 minutes with no effort beyond copying a bandcamp link and double checking filenames and tags. Do that three times a week for six weeks and you have the required uploads.

redacted.ch/better.php?method=snatch&filter=seeding also works really well. list of things you already have that you can upload as v0/320

you know there's literally a better.php for this?

>30 uploads in 45-60 minutes
how do you easily find 30 free albums on bandcamp? sure older ones are already uploaded