*breaks more than was wrong with a project in the process of fixing it*

*breaks more than was wrong with a project in the process of fixing it*

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LzRbzwjoEOg
reddit.com/r/Pantera/comments/4vy28q/til_that_the_host_of_8bit_keys_is_a_2nd_cousin_of/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Oh yeah. Blowing up that Compaq portable reaction was fun to watch.

Attached: yUtGAot.gif (444x250, 211K)

PLANET X-3!!!

his retro brighting always fucks up and has streaks in it and he just sets his camera to not show it but some times its so bad he cant hide it.

I want to retro bright a WMO mice now thou. but might just try and find some that have stayed in a non natural light factory for 20years.

The retro brighting on that Osborn computer was the best. The keys ended up looking like marbles.

>repairs the PC and restores it to working condition
>goes out of his way to make it look nice and even produces an intresting video about it
Bah, le ebil utubes man is fakin his redrobride widd gamera dricks and making puters baed.

someone post the AI video

This guy is how I imagine the average Jow Forums user with an anime girl desktop wallpaper looks like.

youtube.com/watch?v=LzRbzwjoEOg
there you go :v)

Where the fuck does he buy his stuff? Goodwill? EBay? Craigslist? The amount of “I wasn’t gonna get it, but the guy gave me a good deal”, I’ve heard from him has been endless

Attached: 9DE3F0A2-9148-4C49-969A-55EB25A33359.png (849x476, 607K)

A lot of it are donations from cucks. He gets offered so much shit for free that he has to make a point in every video to bitch and whine about getting offered all this free shit.

>bitch and whine about getting offered all this free shit.
Jesus what a norad.

Attached: DA5708A8-495B-4438-859A-DCDC247EB297.gif (250x205, 937K)

pls post the Virgin Stride

unironically could prob make a living fucking up retro brighting on cheap keycaps and selling them to retards as "artisan keycaps"

I really want to like this guy. I sub to his channel, but he pisses me off. Every restoration is half arsed and half finished and never posts a follow up video. His resto's are like a ruined orgasm in most cases. RetroManCave is better at restorations and he doesn't fuck shit up during the process. Kudos to Modern Classics as well.

I wish I had that problem. His donations videos are fucking cringe. All he does is complain and he never seems grateful for what people send him, especially when the cost of postage alone would be worth more than the product they are giving him.

ohnonononono

I don't get it why is it so bad?

Attached: escape.webm (800x450, 2.11M)

>ywn be a balding computer nerd that lives off patreonbux with your wife and daughter bleaching thirty year old hardware on your front lawn and writing computer games for commodore 64 and DOS

IT HURTS SO MUCH!

Attached: I'M GOING TO MAKE COLUMBINE LOOK LIKE A FUCKING JOKE.jpg (611x611, 36K)

>Where the fuck does he buy his stuff?
He doesn't.

Literally who.

context?

but then it won't be as funny

basically many people thought he implied the guvmint already has IA and it's all a comspiracy so they disliked it and unsubbed massively. Also he got a copyright infringement notice so he decided "fuck it" and pulled the video.

Faggot youtube eceleb that quit a real job to make half arsed videos for us to laugh at. Hes also making a game for a dead platform for the faggots over at /vr/ to have something to jerk each other off about

half arsed? how?

that fucked up posture

what was his real job?
he seems like a sperg but ultimately not a lefty soiboy like LGR which is rare in the field of retrotechnologicals so there's that

He is also not technologically illiterate like LGR

Exactly how I feel. The latest one, he laments over an empty box that was used as packaging because it didn't actually have anything in it. The same video, he got some Radio Shack magazine and whined that was was from the 90s instead of the 80s

well, unlike you neets, his time is valuable too you know. so if you're gonna send shit tier stuff, it's in both parties interest that you keep it to yourself

Attached: 16bitguy.jpg (1314x720, 168K)

he is however making a video and giving them credit. He could just toss it in his basement and they never hear about it again.

and besides, its kinda cool he's that honest. better than "O MAH GOSH THIS IS FRIGGEN AWESOME HOLY CRAP WOW" for everything he opens

>AI will cause a shift in society
>there might be some problems there
wow, big if true, really makes u think

You don't wanna know where he gets his hardware from. I have it on good authority that something big is gonna happen soon with this guy. Screenshot this.

Because he knows nothing about the subject besides what he's seen in science fiction movies and believes he has the ability to create artificial general intelligence in 20 years.

Attached: maxresdefault2.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

big if true

Why doesn't google just hire him at a million dollars per year and let him work his AI for 20 years. True AI for only 20mil r&d costs would be great value.

Attached: 1495147543587.png (472x508, 6K)

Thanks, I've been looking for that one for a while.

Attached: 1536288835465.webm (852x478, 2.58M)

He gets asked in advance if he would like to receive the items and he agrees. Then he acts like he doesn't even want them. Why bother?

Maybe that's just his personality

Really. If people were sending him random unsolicited crap by the boxload I'd understand why he's peeved by it, but considering he pre-approves each item first he comes across as a real dickhead when he acts as ungrateful about it as he does. If you don't want the crap, don't say yes when they ask you if they can send it. The postage alone on that shit costs a fortune.

Other than that I don't get what's Jow Forums issue with him, other than jealousy maybe. His restoration videos are fun to watch and well edited.

He's a retard. Everyone knows anyone half decent in the gooberment just gets poached by private sector.

Cant finish a fucking project and when he does he fucks it.

I imagine people give him wrong descriptions of the items, so there may be some misunderstanding.

He was in IT of some sort.
Agree totally.

y tho

he used to service macbooks, back before the unibody aluminum era. that may have just been his sidejob though. His channel used to be called "the ibook guy"

>flappy arm bigfoot walk

It was his side job. He worked in his office, look at the video where he pranks a coworker with a Commodore 64.

Trying to steal views from ElectroBoom

i hate his voice so much

But that's not JayZ

he's in the middle of the Silicon Prarie, so there is a LOT of second hand shit around there. plus donations, and he used to buy and sell a lot of shit, not just Macs. This guy probably never threw out a thing either, judging by the stuff hes had over the years.

funny considering his two (now dead) cousins he had in Pantera

>His resto's are like a ruined orgasm in most cases.
keked way too hard to this. Now all I can picture is David narrating a frustratingly bad handjob from a busy wife.

Do you have any idea how much space retro computing takes up?

bout tree fiddy

This. Dude is definitely an autist which is why he is so brutally honest. I like that about him though.

Yes, and its not my problem. He requests these donations so its his job to find suitable storage for what he e-begs for on his website. Rent a storage shed like LGR and if he cant afford then he shouldnt have quit his job.

nothing wrong with not taking any garbage tier shit that people want to send you.

reddit.com/r/Pantera/comments/4vy28q/til_that_the_host_of_8bit_keys_is_a_2nd_cousin_of/

He talks to these people before hand and he hasa list on his website. He knows what he is getting. If he doesnt like it then he should hide is PO box.

Why would anyone want to send valuable items to somebody for free basically just for a fucking "thank you" and the thing being displayed on a video, at best?
>inb4 muh space
Then sell it on ebay, you are mailing it either way.

post the gun video

>Rent a storage shed like LGR and if he cant afford then he shouldnt have quit his job.
He doesn't want to because the cost of rent will outstrip the value of the items after a few years

>Why would anyone want to send valuable items to somebody for free basically just for a fucking "thank you"
don't ask me, I'd never send my shit out to any of those youtube fags, I'm just saying there is nothing wrong with filtering the shit people want to send you.

I agree. I mean what, does Jow Forums want David, or do they want fucking Linus? There's a difference between passion and shill.

Sure shit messes up when repairing, but fuck man if I had a dollar for every thing I've messed up when working on something.

So his options are. 1) Dont beg for it. 2) dont accept it when they are offered by email. 3) Sell it, donate it or trash it. If he cant rent sotrage space then its not my peoblem.

i want them both to be honest

I don't understand the problem with this. Assuming your voltages are right, this shouldnt do anything bad at all.

I mean fuck I've used a separate power supply before to power a hard drive I needed to get data off of when my PC didn't have a free SATA power plug but a free SATA data line. It worked fine.

Amps?

I imagine them all as 19 year old Filipino manlets.

I enjoy the videos just because of the gear he showcases. There's other nice stuff out there for things like Commodores and Spectrums, but once you get into obscure portables, weird peripherals, and so on his videos are one of the only places you'll find anything better than grainy old magazine pictures or shit that looks like it was filmed on a 2006 flip phone. Same goes for LGR as well, and in that case a lot of the appeal is that he and I are almost exactly the same age and he shows off a lot of stuff I remember seeing at Fry's or in magazine ads as a kid/teenager and wondering about.

>1) Dont beg for it. 2) dont accept it when they are offered by email.
but this is exactly what he does

I know, thats what i was saying. If he doesnt want them or can't store them then he shouldnt beg or accept them.

and that what I'm saying he's pretty much put an end to donations

Nice. At least i dont have to sit through another 18 minute video of an ungrateful autist complaining about recieving stuff he asked for.

did he put a gun to your head and force you to watch it

No need to suck his dick.

No need to be a bitch either, fagtron queefcunt.

His channel is bullshit. He only shows goymer crap, never seen even ONE Unix workstation on his channel

When I start to think this guy can't get any dumber, he goes and does that.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

The amps are defined by the resistance of the circuit itself.
Ohms law and shit.
But the thing did sucked a lot of em because a tantalum capacitor was shorted because tantalum capacitors, specially the old ones are fucking pieces of shit that short when they fail, instead of cutting the current as with the electrolytic caps.

Attached: Tantalum capacitor operating normally.jpg (340x225, 36K)

why is he such an asshole during his donation videos

Thats what ive been saying ITT. He makes me cringe because he begs for this shit on his website and talks to these people prior to them shipping then acts like an ungrateful piece of shit as though every package he opens is raping his wife and daughter.

I think the biggest issue with these vids is his seeming disinterest. oh cool, you unwrapped this obscure thing that you wanted....and then just moved on without any kind of explanation. you don't need to give a documentary, but longer than single sentence explanations of the packages would make the videos less of a waste of time.

I'm jelly of his Pateron bux.
Add to that the thousands he'd make from YouTube each year and the $20 or $30 he made from the sales of his game and he's doing pretty well.

Attached: Screenshot_20181005-191450_Chrome.jpg (1080x2220, 411K)

He should spend $100 of that a month on a storage shed and stop being a little bitch. Even that söyböy LGR has one.

Problem is that he should turn molex 180 degrees

>RetroManCave is better at restorations
You spelled CuriousMarc wrong.

>never seen even ONE Unix workstation on his channe-

Attached: Unix Workstation.png (1280x720, 1.75M)

Why did I laugh at this wtf

>autism shoes

What's so autism about them?

l.

CuriousMarc is phenominal. Does he work for, or have something to do with the Computer History Museum in Cali?

Why does he act so annoyed and ungrateful when opening stuff sent in from viewers? He even gets them to check with him first to see whether it's okay to send a particular item, and then when he receives it, he still acts inconvenienced. What's his problem?