Muh readable code

>muh readable code
>muh armchair programming
>verbocity, type safety and freedom bad
>chain around your nigger hands good
>muh python

Do you retards understand that programming is not meant to be an activity where you lay back in your big chair and pound your keyboard like a literal monkey? You should be writing down what you did, how you did it, and why you did it that way (including the project overview, wider-picture program architecture etc.) in a fucking notebook BEFORE and WHILE you're writing the program itself. And in the end type it out in TeX and it becomes DOCUMENTATION. How hard is it to understand?

Is there anyone on this board that isn't a fucking poo?

Attached: 1512715358433.jpg (297x339, 28K)

>most projects are bloated old shit from 90s/00s
>Agile methodology which is misused by management to press developers to make quick shit fixes growing bloat only more
>customers demanding reimplementing same shit over in various places with completely non-consistent requirements
>implying anyone has enough time to write documentation
>you will change that job in 2-3 years
why care

>writing 700 lines of code twice is time efficient
just add comments faggot

>You should be writing down what you did, how you did it, and why you did it that way (including the project overview, wider-picture program architecture etc.) in a fucking notebook BEFORE and WHILE you're writing the program itself.
so basically you're writing the program twice because you're too dumb to understand the code you're looking at?

[Lowercase T] [dot] self-taught faggots who've never done any project bigger than an infix parser

I have projects with over 100k lines of code, you're a fucking brainlet

>I have projects with over 100k lines of code
Sure you do, Rakateesh

you're probably a toy programmer too you just think you're smarter than everyone else because you've "figured it out"

>No one in this thread uses punch cards

Attached: flat550x550075f.u1.jpg (550x413, 35K)

>muh waterfall
Wriring prototype code is a good way to familiarize yourself with the tools and the problem you need to solve. You're going to run out of notebook space before you finish because each of your designs will prove inadequate once you start implementing it.

I've had enough retards like you thrown under my wing by my retard boss, and all of you are so fucking lazy that you don't even spend time planning and designing software on paper. You see it as a fucking race, where more lines of code pumped = better job done which is FUCKING RETARDED HOLY SHIT HOW CAN YOU BE SO FUXKING DENSE

>nd all of you are so fucking lazy that you don't even spend time planning and designing software on paper
the only thing you need to program is your brain and a text editor. If you think writing things down in an intermediary format makes anything better you seriously might actually be retarded, like maybe you shouldn't even be working as a programmer anymore because you're slowing everyone else down

I feel sorry for people who have to clean up after all the shit code you barf out of your nigger keyboard
>WOO LOOK AT ME IM SO SMART I CAN REMEMBER EVERYTHING IN MY HEAD AND *NEVER* MAKE MISTAKES OR BAD DESIGN BECAUSE OF THE FLAWS IN MY MEMORY WHICH BY THE WAY DONT EXIST
Kiss my smart ass, you macbook loving soilent drinking cuck

Not him, I just wanna say, I goddamn love you and people like you.

Are you jealous of my skills?

I love you too user

You remind me of my data structures professor. He didn't look at code as much as he cared about documentation and readability. Project discussions were done in-class and in front of everyone so this one time, a Mr.Robot-type retard went up with 0 documentation. His code was great, but no documentation so what the professor did was tell him he has 15 minutes to add a new feature to the code. 15 minutes passed and he went back to the student and told him to do the discussion again. His code didn't work, he didn't know what his variables were, his code didn't work anymore because he was just changing so much shit.

What the professor asked was really simple, an extra 6 lines of code distributed in different places but he just couldn't do it thanks to no comments and 0 documentation of functions and usage of his own program. Anyway, professor ended up telling him he didn't do the project and gave him a 0.

It sounds like bullying or like it's unfair but honestly it's the only way these retards will learn. So thank you m8 for standing your ground with literal retards on every corner in this field of life.

comments and general flow chart is enough for anything smaller than 1 million lines of code if you design things correctly. Don't fool yourself.

You're describing a fucking technical writer dipshit. Developers are too busy engineering the damn product to document everything in novel format.

Let someone fail a class for no documentation however is quite harsh.

Dont you think a bad grade and the public embaressment would not be enough? After all, he seemed to know his shit (at least sufficient enough to initially write good code - just without documentation).

Addendum:
I am just T. Retard starter, who learns coding on the run for the job (BI-Analyst), be gentle on me.

that person probably copied the code off the internet
I have 100k+ LoC project going on 8 years now and I don't need any documentation to change it, and if I did I'd write it in the comments
People who can't understand code by reading it are the retarded ones

>People who can't understand code by reading it are the retarded ones
Not having documentation outside of inline comments (of which I guarantee you there aren't enough) is fucking retarded, especially for 100k+ LoC projects.

>DURR JUST READ IT ITS RIGHT THERE
Yeah and now I have to dive through 3800 fucking rabbit holes to figure out exactly what the fuck is happening because you engineered it like a slob.

Oh there was 4 projects and this was the first one. He ended up receiving somewhere in the 40's/60 on the projects.

It turned out pretty well for the guy, he's got a job offer at microsoft a few months back and is in the US. (We live in shithole but education is good so going to the gulf/Europe/USA is the goal)

Nah, I'm pretty sure he wrote it himself... his issue was he wrote it about 3 weeks before the deadline and forgot what each variable mean because he was making shortcuts at every line.

>because you engineered it like a slob.
that's an assumption, no comments doesn't mean bad engineering
I can use a big library just fine with auto-generated documentation on the classes and methods
writing a second spec to describe your entire program is absolute retard tier

>anime picture

post immediately invalidated and ignored

>People who can't understand code by reading it are the retarded ones
But documentation (as far as I was told) should be also for the people who have to deal with the code after you are gone, no?
Why leaving people with probably hundreds of hours trying to understand your code, if you could have simply spent a couple of dozen hours documenting?

>He ended up receiving somewhere in the 40's/60 on the projects.
Nice to hear. Thought the professor endangered this guys future over this issue - saw it too many times to not be worried about such stuff...

>no comments doesn't mean bad engineering
No but it's a pretty big fucking hint.
I've tried to work on projects with people like you who think it's perfectly obvious how the design of the program works, but it never fucking is, and they never comment a goddamn thing, because they understand it since they wrote it and they are incapable of thinking outside of themselves.

I feel the same way, bless OP

I agree with documentation to enable understanding, I dont agree with documentation to replace understanding because I'm literally too retarded to remember or understand what I or anyone else writes

>people like you
If I wrote code for other people I'd document it

readable code is the most important thing, even better if it's declarative and actually makes fucking sense with the naming of things.

OOP is absolutely trash, when someone shows an OOP code block it's like 100+ lines of fucking mess and impossible to read without understanding the ENTIRE project. It's fucked.

But you do write code for other people.

Your future selves.

Attached: trust.jpg (526x438, 25K)

I share a brain with my future self so written documentation isn't neccessary

>100+ lines of fucking mess and impossible to read without understanding the ENTIRE project
Which is ironic, since one of the core selling points of OOP was modularity.

People forget stuff, you know

I've never forgotten something I can't learn by reading my own code

I believe you can, with enough time, learn it again, and even avoid mistakes. But is it seriously worth the effort?

>anime
That's a game you megaautist.

Yuri a shit, dude.

>anime
it's western shit

class ZMW6bA3:
I7zbD6o=1084&2
AcKPFjz=4556 def __init__(wydwSk8,max):
wydwSk8.opiTjUi(19&13)
wydwSk8.WdGXGQW(max)
def opiTjUi(wydwSk8,QVXtxMv):
assert QVXtxMv>=12^12
wydwSk8.I7zbD6o=QVXtxMv
def d7Ojb02(wydwSk8):
return wydwSk8.I7zbD6o
def WdGXGQW(wydwSk8,QVXtxMv):
assert QVXtxMv>=682&341
wydwSk8.AcKPFjz=QVXtxMv
def lOxgiwl(wydwSk8):
return wydwSk8.AcKPFjz
def MdIFHvX(wydwSk8,QVXtxMv):
assert QVXtxMv>=121 wydwSk8.I7zbD6o+=QVXtxMv
def N6CpwSv(wydwSk8,QVXtxMv1,QVXtxMv2):
if QVXtxMv1==QVXtxMv2:
return ~-(11^9)
if QVXtxMv1>QVXtxMv2:
return (65535)+128 if QVXtxMv1>~-7:])
exit
def wE4FjAc(wydwSk8,HnEwwpj):
if wydwSk8.pU7T5H5(HnEwwpj):
print wydwSk8.F8E4H4Y
elif wydwSk8.XqOIBJY(HnEwwpj):
print wydwSk8.T2QsU3T
elif wydwSk8.qRNYr03(HnEwwpj):
print wydwSk8.byTIMLE
else:
print str(HnEwwpj)

def Oy7nSmy(wydwSk8):
while wydwSk8.Q44FnPy.I7zbD6o < wydwSk8.Q44FnPy.AcKPFjz:
wydwSk8.T2QsU3TbyTIMLEorF8E4H4Y()
wE4FjAcer(((1567)+(4)*(17^18)))

LIVE ORGANIZED OR DIE

whats the largest project youve worked on?

If you can't or won't diagram your thoughts you are literally retarded and everyone can immediately tell you've never worked through a difficult in depth problem.

There are a lot of anons here who are riding high on the Dunning-Kruger curve. You can recognize them by their "I'm so smart that I don't need to..."

Attached: 2018-10-05 12.33.18.jpg (3264x2448, 2.3M)

>Dunning-Kruger
You're a retarded parrot.