/distro/ - what's your distro, Jow Forums?

so i see you're running gnome.

i'm actually running openSUSE Leap 15.0 KDE myself

Attached: _uxJupPTJhhoxYodgMn8tg5wVgp9h_oHPz9RaZd2k0A.jpg (320x167, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/weekly-builds/amd64/iso-cd/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>starts distro thread
>doesn't know the difference between distro and desktop environment
>watches mr robot

Attached: 1514156814092.png (230x219, 7K)

i literally stated my fucking distro as opensuse leap i'm not retarded i was making a funny meme

>thinks gnome is a distro
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh my fuCKing CHrIST

it was a //meme//

Im looking for the following in a distro. Im a complete noob and this has been a tougher decision that it seems it should be.
>Stable
>Minimal (able to decide what goes into it)
>Reasonable learning curve
>Access to a decent amount of safe programs for shitposting and light work in python.
>Runs well on an x220
>Isnt just for memelords
What distro(s) fit this description.

>complete noob
>able to decide what goes into it

Would be Arch, but good luck with that noob.

Antergos KDE. You have to swap lightdm with sddm (also install the settings module) but otherwise it’s a good balance between simple and complicated.

Do not install this horrible distro. It doesn't work.

debian's netinstall, i guess. seems to fit most of your shit, though idk about the x220 part. testing's a good place to start.

I use deb testing on an x220, runs pretty well, I haven’t had many complaints

I'm on Arch w/ i3wm.

Attached: elliot.png (1420x1079, 1.31M)

Arch with i3-gaps

it wasn't a funny

Attached: file.png (578x354, 49K)

InB4
>Install Gentoo

Install Gentoo

solus because it works perfectly from install on my dinkpad, has pretty good defaults, and triggers the kevin-haters

Attached: neofetch-2018-01-17-12-09-18-32735.png (1440x900, 1.68M)

i run Kali GNOME because i am a hacker.

Noobuntu after using arch for a few years
Idk I might go back to arch though I think I had problems installing it with full disk encryption. It was also annoying how something would break during updates and people on arch forums would reee that anyone needed to ask for a fix.
Also I have no doubt the aur is full of compromised software, probably safer to just compile shit myself.

Mandingo because I've only just started learning 2 months ago and just today made it through the Mandingo architect installer. Xfce minimal is nice

>able to decide what goes into it
>arch
you have to go back

it's a meme you dip

sure thing totally not kevin anonymous person

>you dip
midwesterner detected

where real Americans live

Attached: 1533663469890.gif (500x350, 418K)

Pick a coast, and move there.

>not living in little finland
pathetic.

Attached: 1527691403181.png (1100x1246, 347K)

Debian Unstable w/ KDE on the desktop, although it's been annoying me - I intended for unstable to make me solve more problems and learn more, but the problems so far have been shit where I have no idea to begin like KDE start menu straight up not working, or dependencies on their end waiting to be unfucked. As such when I get a new desktop and reinstall with GPT, I'm dropping back down to Testing. I might also switch over to XFCE because I'll be going from 12GB DD3 to 8GB DD4.
On my laptop I have a meme Gentoo/Sway install. I manually installed but I got myself a CloverOS background recently, which as soon as I have my anime figures at uni I will be spamming all over the place. Can't wait.
Both Debian and Gentoo are amazing distros in my experience. I found OpenSUSE to be shit, Fedora's a better alternative.

Attached: neofetch2.png (1920x1080, 2.2M)

protip: install debian stable and use the backports only for specific programs you want the unstable version of.

Fuck your faggot-ass country. USA is best country to live in.

>he doesn't know the geography of his own country well enough to recognize Michigan
absolutely pathetic

Nice idea, thanks

Lol, my bad, I'm little drunk. Still though, cheese country is where dreams die. Move to the east coast.

>coasts
pathetic
come home to the flyover country, white man.

I'm not white. I'm in NoVa, 40 mins outside of DC, and I love it here. I live on the end of private road, have quiet families as neighbors, and low crime rate area. Life is good.

Arch used to have a good community. Then GUI installers starting coming out for it and normies here on Jow Forums and Jow Forumseddit are now all over it shitting up every Arch related forum with their i3-gaps bullshit and elitism.

I used Manjaro for years just because I've always been familiar with pacman and the Arch repo.

I've considered an Ubuntu net install because the Debian net install doesn't recognize any of my hardware and it's a bigger pain in the ass than Arch.

>not white
stay on the coasts then, thanks.

I know that google is really hard for you zoomers, but this should have been easy
cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/weekly-builds/amd64/iso-cd/

kek, I suspected as much. Luckily I was born, raised, and currently live in an area where there isn't much racial division. A luxury lacking in the majority of the country, which becomes painfully apparent when I've traveled along the coast.

QUBESOS

Attached: QubesOS.png (1366x768, 408K)

Get a tiling wm, nignog.

Debian obviously.

>Implying you're not a normie

void and dflybsd

no necessary, Pradeesh

>click drag
>click drag
>click drag
>Everyone else is a pajeet.
Right...