When will they start making usb3.0 mice and keyboards?

just wondering how long till usb3.0 will be so standard that every one has it that they can make products like that.

when did it become mainstream like 6 years ago? how much longer shall we have to wait.

Attached: Capture.png (217x232, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eEswl6kZq5k
link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.3758/BF03195452.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There's no reason to make them use USB 3.0

what for? are you retarded? is this bait? I can't tell - people are this stupid on this board

They don't even make USB 2.0 480Mbps mouse

If this question was about Type C instead it would at least make a little sense.

usb 3 devices can be 5-10ms faster. you paid 700$ for a 1ms screen people will pay for usb3.0 devices.

>jumping to such hasty conclusions
why?

Attached: XArmor-U9Plus-port-3x3[1].jpg (640x480, 44K)

Why do you think your mouse needs so much data throughput, what the fuck are you doing with it?

its obviously speed not bandwidth that would help these simple devices dumb dumb im not saying they should put a webcam in your mice.

thou with USB3.0 you could put the processing of the mouse sensor on the CPU rather than inside the mouse which could help perhaps.

The only reason I can think of for adding USB3.0 to keyboards is for passthrough even then it's not necessary. For mice it's entirely pointless.

7/10 bait OP got a reply out of me.

USB 3.0 is still slower than PS/2 for keystroke and mouse input due to how they operate.
We need a revival of PS/2 and upgrade of that. Not USB 3.0 keyboards.

Just make two PS/2 ports standard again.

Attached: post-227009-0-97658200-1435667181.jpg (696x634, 68K)

img

>giving a 7/10 to someone who is likely sincere
See me after class.

Attached: device daisy chain.jpg (640x277, 29K)

no its not PS/2 has inate 3.3+ms lag USB2.0 devices can have 0.2ms lag.

watch the battle(non)sense youtube video about it.

its true that PS2 was faster for some keyboards in the 2000s but not any more. modern usb2.0 keyboards are faster than PS2. and that interrupt thing isn't relevant any more because processors got faster and usb bus improved.

This. In my laptop keyboard is still using PS/2.

he literally benchmarks PS2 keyboards running in both PS2 and usb mode and modern USB keyboards that don't support PS2 adaptors.

USB is way faster now. he soldered up LED lights to the keyswitches and mice switch and tested with a 2000fps camera.

Because cheap USB HID controller are available. The development of newer controllers over 3.0 is expensive and the niche (gaymers) is already satisfied just adding some shitty RGB leds.

Or you could use that PS/2 keyboard from 1990 and have even faster response than USB 3.0 is capable of.

I don't know, why not start with a mouse or keyboard that requires more than 480 Mbps of bandwidth?

no they are not watch the video.

keyboards that actually support PS/2 adaptors are slow as fuck. like 50-90ms slow.

modern USB2.0 keyboards are like 20-30ms.

>he doesn't own an usb 3.0 keyboard with usb 3.0 passthroughs
fucking casual

Attached: das-keyboard-4-professional.jpg (1280x640, 121K)

isn't ps/2 lower latency anyway?

youtube.com/watch?v=eEswl6kZq5k

watch and weap ps2 is dead for a reason.

if you want to go make some modern keyboard with a faster controller chip inside and ps2 be my guest but they don't exist.

Not USB through PS/2 with an adapter. Native PS/2 keyboard used with a proper PS/2 port.

no watch video
also even if you made modern PS2 keyboard it would have inate 3.3+ms lag due to how PS2 works. USB keyboards like roamer g and bloody LK have 0.2ms lag.

that's why PS2 keyboards don't exist any more.

but yer you could make one if you care about the interrupt stuff that's still basically as fast as modern keyboards but nun exist maybe you should make a kickstarter if you really care about it. but the actual PS2 keyboards that exist or ones that support adaptors (new usb keyboards don't work with ps2 adpators) are so slow as shit. this isn't entirely PS2s fault thou its the internals.

watch the video dumb ass he tests native PS2 as well your just adverting your gaze because you don't want to see whats been making you loose in games for a decade.

>modern USB2.0 keyboards are like 20-30ms.
WTF that's slow as fuck. Real PS/2 keyboards have like 6ms latency. Are you even trying?

Why?
Human interface devices actually run as low frequency devices. You don't need more bandwidth or frequency or anything for them.

Interruptards BTFO

no they don't you stupid fuck watch the video

PS2 keyboards are fucking slow its mostly because the controller chips inside keyboards that old are slow but PS2 its self cant be faster than 3.3+ms with a 0ms controller chip and usb can be 0.2ms with a 0ms controller chip

that's why PS2 is dead

if you really want a PS2 keyboard you could make a modern one with a modern controller chip and it be basically as fast as modern usb but nun exist like that.

they only started creating sub 18ms keyboards 2 years ago. and 18ms keyboards only showed up when razer started making their own in 2008 or some thing before that they where all 30+ms.

know your shit for fucks sake. no 6ms ps2 keyboard exists you just assumed it was that fast because you assumed controller chip had no lag and did some shitty maths on the bus.

I don't fully understand the interput shit explain it please. I want to know if making a kickstarter for a PS2 keyboard with fast internals would be worthwhile.

>hurr durr watch the video!
You are fucking retarded. Those cheap usb+ps/2 keyboards are not real ps/2 keyboards. Stop projecting results of a single fucking emulating ps/2 keyboard on entire keyboard class.

Did (You) watch it? He shows that 2 USB keyboards differ quite a bit in input lag. He the goes on to assume that all PS/2 keyboards will perform about the same. The PS/2 one he tested was the worst at USB, so other PS/2 boards likely perform better.

It also may well be the case the dual-mode USB and PS/2 models have PS/2 thrown in as a legacy afterthought and therfore will perform worse than a true PS/2 keyboard that doesn't need a passive adapter.

a Cherry PS2 keyboard is not a real PS2 keyboard?

are you fucking retarded.

its a PS2 keyboard your just a sad fuck that has been 40ms behind every one for 2decades while thinking your being "smart" using a old connector.

USB uses polling. Which means your strokes are taken into account by the computer each time your system polls USB devices (it asks them what they're doing)
Interrupts means that each time you hit a key, your CPU pauses everything and takes your stroke into account immediately.

Fucking scum
link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.3758/BF03195452.pdf

so your basing you use of PS2 on the assumption that PS2 keyboards got slower over time not faster.

right but polling wouldn't add more lag to make the ps2 catch up 40ms.

polling rate is like 1000hz.

It'll happen when everything is about half way through the transition to only usb c, in about 3 years

why? USB-C connectors have USB2.0 signals

>your just a sad fuck that has been 40ms behind every one for 2decades
Fuck you retard, do some research before shitting on the web.
If I was 40 ms behind I wouldn't be able to hit the 30 ms interval required to play osu. But I had to put -15 ms offset. Because average normie keyboard has ~22 ms delay and it is a recommendation to put +22 ms offset in maps, so my PS/2 keyboard is most likely has close to 7 ms delay you fucking moron.

>link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.3758/BF03195452.pdf
ill read this later.. what is its conclusions.

I assume its some retarded test that just measures the bus and not the processing chip on the keyboard or device its self which is what adds most of the lag.

PS2 devices are simply too old the controller chips they use are slow as fuck. it doesn't matter how fast the connection theoretically could be if the internal processor is shit

2.4 GHz wifi got worse with time after AC was introduced. Floppy drives got worse after they became a lagacy thing. CD drives got super cheapo and I regularly deal with ones that can't reliably eject now that everyone uses flash memory instead. Turntables got crappy after the introduction of the CD, as did tape decks. And now it's impossible to buy a new CD player that isn't total shit.

Quality goes in the toilet once something is a legacy feature that's only thrown in to check off a box. Why should it be any different with PS/2?

lol your literally retarded your 1ms monitor is really 10ms at top of screen at 13ms in middle your motherboard is 3-6ms your keyboard is likely 50-90ms

you are not being scientific at all you retard you go do some research I recommend starting with john carmacs lecture on latency from 2017 and reading how people actually test this rather thing using your shitty music game human reaction time is 250ms you stupid cunt. human perception is 2ms.

Notice the under 3ms PS/2 one and go cry in a corner.
Data is from 2002 btw

Attached: 1.png (678x344, 70K)

You can't speed up the process by adding extra calculations, forcing sophisticated universal (which means excessive) protocol and using polling instead of interruptions. That's common sense.
And yes there are numerous examples when modern tech is slower than ancient tech. Because instead of making application-specific solutions engineers now simply throw processing power at tasks because it's cheaper.

No retard, my (((6ms GTG))) display is actually 14ms and I'm perfectly aware of that. If you didn't know in Osu you are supposed to react to sound.
>human reaction time is 250ms you stupid cunt
You are fucking retarded and absolutely clueless, go read some manuals or something. Learn what reaction is.
>your keyboard is likely 50-90ms
Your brain is likely 50-90 grams

>right but polling wouldn't add more lag
It does because you probably have more than 1 USB device plugged in.
Polling is global and the entire bunch of instructions has to be executed.

actually human reaction time is like 100ms

just most of you retards have about 80ms of lag from devices and monitors

13ms from your "1ms" monitors
3-6ms from your motherboard
16ms from your gpu/game
30-70ms from your keyboard (20 from your mice)

>actually human reaction time is like 100ms
It's abought right but it doesn't mean anything when you do repetitive actions or plan your actions beforehand, like when playing videogames.

you literal have no benchmarks showing this thou

your using PS2 because it makes you feel good you don't want to test it and when some one actually did your assumption is PS2 keyboards got slower not faster over time.

old IBM keyboards have like 80ms lag ive actually seen the benchmarks.

PS2 isn't a bad connection that's true its basically the same by like 1-3ms as modern USB.

but no PS2 keyboards exist with fast controller chips inside that process the data being sent to it. and because its being phased out nun will ever exist unless some one makes one.

>human reaction time is 250ms
Lol imagine being so slow no wonder you're angry all the fucking time and argue on Jow Forums.

Reminder that USB was never meant to replace PS/2 ports to begin with.

Whats your issue with nuns buddy? Did you get raped by one?

If you need a benchmark to understand that interrupt is faster than polling then you're just a retard

well actually it does. I used to play wow with a 300ping when I reduced it to 200ms my dps went up by like 30%.

if you play wow with a 30ms keyboard (basically 99% of modern keyboards and switched to a 0.2ms one or switched to a CRT that's like 13ms faster than a "1ms" lcd or ran game at a higher frame rate to get like 100 more fps you would literally do like 30% more dps than others.

latancy matters the idea you can just ignore it because your doing a pattern doesn't apply because it increases the delay between every action even if you que it up because of how game accepts inputs and server shit.

seriously suprized more wow guilds don't care about this. guilds like method and stuff would kill bosses like 2-3 days earlier if they all used CRTs and crazy SLI computers and roamer G or Bloody LK keyboards but I guess they don't have the sponsorship to justify getting every one in the guild 2500$ worth of GPUs and 2500$ worth of motherboards and binned cpus and watercooling to run them at like 5.6ghz

but it would help they honestly should do that.

also their voice coms have like 80ms lag would using FM radio or HAM or some thing be faster than that? they all live within like 3000km from each other in Europe.

sounds dumb but it would actually make a difference imo

>I used to play wow
Entire post discarded

>thou with USB3.0 you could put the processing of the mouse sensor on the CPU rather than inside the mouse which could help perhaps.
Why the fuck would you want to waste CPU cycles on that?

no PS2 keyboards that actually exist are like 40-80ms slower than modern USB keyboards.

1000hz polling rate is not going to make thous usb keyboards 40ms slower its going to make them like 5-10ms slower you dumb dumb.

interrupts are irrelevant.

I do however see the argument if your CPU is choked up heavy in some intense game it could help but I highly doubt it.

my point remains you would need a modern PS2 keyboard with fast internals to make it worth while and that simply doesn't exist.

if you have a PS2 keyboard or a keyboard that supports it via adaptor using it isn't doing you any harm but thinking its faster than modern USB ones is just wrong its like 1/10th of a second slower than a bloody b975 or Logitech Romer G keyboard (which come in linear now)

PS2 is trash, time to move to USB c 3.0

You could scan things by moving your mouse around them

They shifted production and now all the newer models are shit.
I bought one ~2 years ago and it was pretty fucking mediocre for the money, not to mention the fact the volume wheel didn't click at the right intervals and the logo rubbed off somehow in just a few months.

>what for? are you retarded? is this bait? I can't tell - people are this stupid on this board

>The only reason I can think of for adding USB3.0 to keyboards is for passthrough even then it's not necessary. For mice it's entirely pointless.
>7/10 bait
USB 3 supports interrupts.

>USB uses polling.

>I don't know, why not start with a mouse or keyboard that requires more than 480 Mbps of bandwidth?

>Why?
>Human interface devices actually run as low frequency devices. You don't need more bandwidth or frequency or anything for them.

Jow Forums's ignorance never ceases to amaze.

No, sweetie.
USB is shit and was meant to be efficient in replacing printer ports and the likes. Never to be better than PS/2
You're dumb.

Just fuck off back to r/counterstrike you coitus interruptus.

>Mixing up network delay and human reaction time
This is gold

>USB 3 supports interrupts.
Show your benchmarks

>USB 3 supports interrupts.
Yes but it's fundamentally flawed so nobody even bothered with implementing devices that actually support it.
I wouldn't mind if somebody made a new efficient keyboard port or fixed usb3's interrupt mode, but nobody bothers because PS/2 does the job.

This.
PS/2 is perfect and that's why they don't even try to improve it

This

Haha, this port smells funny!

Well it's not perfect. It's not universal port so you can't plug your keyboard into chain of devices and it doesn't support hotplug. Vendors want to cover as much features as they can and users are clueless so that's why PS/2 is dying. Making universal successor to PS/2 port would defeat the purpose, but at least hotplug could be implemented.

>perfect
>requires reboot

>hotplug
Utterly useless for mouse & keyboard

Yeah except (((gaming))) keyboards are marketed to (((esportsmen))) who carry their peripherals with them and want to be able to use it anywhere, anytime.

>epic laser intro
>fade into video game gameplay
>Hey guise my name uh superebicgaymer
Discredited immediately. Reconsider suicide.

PS/2 is safe from hackers. USB is not

I am going to use whatever FATAL1TY uses

Old PS/2 keyboards aren't part of the botnet.
Now enjoy your backdoors, cucks

i think the real issue at hand is that you have an unhealthy obsession with rummaging through nasty used keyboards at thrift stores that are covered in old dried sperm

>100ms
No, it's not. Its close to 200ms. I'm assuming you're talking about reaction to visual stimulus, but even auditory reaction isn't that fast.

Use
Serial
Faggots.

Unless you have NKRO there is literally no reason for a keyboard to use USB 3.0. USB 3.0 ports are backwards compatible, so it's not like older USB standards don't work.

what a faggot