Just realized I'm a brainlet and can't pass algorithm software interviews

Will prob never be able to work at uber or netflix. Am I still going to make it bros?

Attached: 2d6qNNL.jpg (653x490, 95K)

Why would you want to work at companies that don't respect our freedoms?

This.
Apply for an internship at the FSF.

I feel you man
Web Dev awaits

Attached: I+know+how+you+feel+man+my+dog+died+two+_7f6fa3c214cc3f33d1366e62688aa3ac.png (222x194, 15K)

Move to embedded or web if you are a cuck.

>invert this binary tree using only car, cdr and cons.

Attached: 1515882169073.png (400x416, 63K)

>during interview
>asked to solve complex problems and know by heart all kind of algorithms
>at job
>update the local software to consume more data from all sort of excel sheets and sometime add a new page to the website

Attached: 1511532391688.png (376x500, 405K)

kek.

I used to be insecure about this, but it's almost a blessing just find something that involves scripting and interpersonal crap.

Just get better at algos?

Doing better than me, I can't even get calls from a decent place.

Man what the heck. I don't know where you guys are getting these crazy difficult interviews. Out of six interviews I did, only one had a whiteboard, and the questions were mostly1st year CS stuff, with one question on Big O.

FANG. Once you have a few years of experience you'll inevitably be contacted by one or two at least.

Fuck that. Any job that requires an algorithm interview is destined to confine you to a soul-sucking existence of OOP bullshit using shit-tier langs.

Ascend my brother, learn the ways of embedded, and contented thou shalt be.

It’s just practice honestly. Pick up CTCI and memorize all the problems - this will get you through 90% of interviews.

>embedded
>software engineer
ok codemonkey. can you do anything besides implementing specs?

> more work
> way less money

That's real soul crushing

You won't mean shit to anyone at a company like Uber or Netfilix. Embedded is the best option if you're sick of bullshit whiteboard interviews and reversing linked lists. Of course you can always go webdev if all you care about is doing the least amount of work.

Kill yourself and try again next life

>Am I still going to make it bros?
nope

>Web Dev

Attached: 1535364064719.webm (460x258, 412K)

What is this embedded meme

You ever wanted to write the code that runs your washing machine?

Maybe if it pays well and is relatively stress free

It was a rhetorical question. That's what embedded generally is. Lower level programming on microcontrollers. You have to be more efficient because you're limited on many fronts: clock speed, memory, etc. Obviously there are wider applications like automotive, industry, and others.

what do you like about programming? i mean, what made you want to be a programmer? if it's just for the money, then fuck off and stop crying to us. but if there's something you genuinely love about it (eg: building games, solving problems, killing people with drones), then fucking concentrate on building shit like that and just make your way. there's like endless possibilities in the software world. it sounds cliche, but follow your heart, faggot.