What is the benefit of GNU/systemd based operating systems vs the Linux based operating systems such as Gentoo?

What is the benefit of GNU/systemd based operating systems vs the Linux based operating systems such as Gentoo?

Attached: 1200px-Tux.svg.png (1200x1414, 259K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/2402
bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/ source/systemd/ bug/1449001
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The insanity of binary log files.

Parallelization of system component startup and intelligent daemon dependency resolution.
It suffers from a bit of scope/feature creep, but some of those features are worth having.

Turning your motherboard into a brick by mounting efivars rw.
github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/2402

>Parallelization of system component startup
openrc does this too.

>It suffers from a bit of scope/feature creep
>1+ million loc
>a BIT
lmao

>some of those features are worth having.
hell yeah! I love having 8.8.8.8 as dns by default
bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/ source/systemd/ bug/1449001

Attached: 1534187583589.png (512x375, 10K)

shut up goyim install arch linux or you aren't a hacker

Attached: 1530330545550.jpg (255x136, 10K)

Will systemd actually kill me. I run a minimal install of Fedora 28 but I've been told it slowly, over time, turns into a second kernel.

simpler service management.

Attached: systemd vs sysv.png (1616x3708, 413K)

What the fuck is systemd and why should i care about it

Why is this a reply I just witnessed. What about his post is /v/?

The implication is that if you don't know what systemd is, or can't be assed to at least google it, then you belong in /v/, not Jow Forums

Let me rephrase the question. What would the advantage of using a distro without systemd be?

if you don't care about a "clean" system: none

if you do care: Everything. systemd is a creep. it tries to suck in every component that unices have traditionally been composed off. it does that in a manner that has not been found in the world of unix before. in the longtime it will drastically alter Linux as an OS.

why is that worse? because systemd tries hard to be smart. it automatically creates files, it logs in gibberish (you can change that... we know but it is stupid in the first place), it starts services "on the fly" and it creates a big fat dependency. this will result in less stable systems in the near future.

we will see race conditions at boot (already happening) because the order of starting the services and daemons is not determined anymore.

we will face unexpected behaviour whenever a smart systemd service fails (e.g. mounting)

and last but not least (just a conclusion of everything before)

we will lose control over the computer. whoever controls systemd will dictate the way your computer works if you use it. that simple.

the actual advantage of every other init system is that everything above does not happen.

so would you risk it even more and mount it everytime theres a kernel or grub update? lennart is based, if you're not dumb you don't fuck your shit up

kek

>kernel
you don't need efivars at all for kernel updates
>grub update
how often do you update your fucking bootloader?

Attached: 1516751334486.jpg (720x569, 127K)

>muh startup / shutdown
that's a meme
the only advantage sysd has is laziness

kys

wew

>gnu/systemd vs linux based

Attached: CE48F2FC-85D4-4861-A966-94C41FF520F4.jpg (541x800, 68K)