Who makes the best Micro USB cables? I need me some new ones

By best I mean three things

1) Strongest/most-sticking-out hook pin things, for the most firm secure fit. Most of the cables I have, these hook pin things have worn down, the underside of the connectors are practically flat, so they only loosely connect to my phone now

2) Safety - ones I can trust to not catch on fire randomly

3) Build quality - especially the necks, ones that don't fray/tear easily

Attached: 71TSoPurxaL._SY355_[1].jpg (355x355, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zj5DIOkr0SY
amazon.com/RAMPOW-Micro-USB-Charging-Compatible-Motorola/dp/B01GJC4WRO
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do not buy Tronsmart, they are shit, they get loose, then bent, then broke.

AmazonBasics

Anker Powerline

I use braided Anker

shit

surprisingly shit too

OP get cables with gold plated endpoints and lotsa good reviews. We can't help you because this is not tech support nor do we care.

>best Micro USB cables
double negative, they don't exist
micro usb is a shit standard and they will break very easily

Nope. USB-C is better no doubt but doesn't mean micro usb is trash.

t. owned gold plated ankers for about a year and they're still working on a $100 chink phone

wtf is ft?

USBC

I like my anker cables too.

They are all shit. Ive broken at least 50 micro usbs, anky and aukey break just as easily as one from a gas station

>gold plated

Attached: 1431711466149.gif (300x228, 1.91M)

I have a volta cable. It's sorta cool cause I can fast charge my micro USB as well as my USB C device from the same cable.

Attached: volta-charger-black_450x450.png (380x450, 46K)

My anker cables have been the best by far. Don't bother with any of the no name chink shit.

i have the 3 pack of 6ft's from this picture
no issues

Ugreen and energizer

They all have gold plating on the connector pins to prevent corrosion but the ones that don't have it on the housing of the connector pins suffer from either or both of these problems:

1.) Corrosion, which weakens the integrity of the housing to the point where it is easily bent causing insufficient pin contact
You can test this on a usb cable you think is broken. If the wire inside the cable has not been damaged it will magically come back to life if you squeeze down the connector with your fingers (careful with pliers, they can permanently kill the connector).

youtube.com/watch?v=Zj5DIOkr0SY

2.) It's usually a sign they were made with the cheapest possible stamped steel and 28 AWG or thinner copper cables making them very prone to breaking both on the connector and cable itself

Anyway this brings up another very important point which is cable guage. The longer the cable the lower the guage must be to not have significant voltage drop, this is why so many 6 & 10 foot cables fucking blow.

Attached: USB-Cable-Resistance-with-Contact-Resistance.png (463x650, 38K)

>Strongest/most-sticking-out hook pin things
from my experience this only happens on chinkshit cables and/or worn down ports, my anker powerlines still hold up in that category even 2 years later

amazon.com/RAMPOW-Micro-USB-Charging-Compatible-Motorola/dp/B01GJC4WRO
>21 AWG power wires
>4.7 out of 5 stars from 5,192 reviews

These seem suspiciously good. Not a shill and never tried them btw. I'm beginning to question whether I can trust amazon reviews anymore.

Attached: 1537235606437.jpg (960x952, 118K)

>1) Strongest/most-sticking-out hook pin things, for the most firm secure fit. Most of the cables I have, these hook pin things have worn down, the underside of the connectors are practically flat, so they only loosely connect to my phone now

moron, this is on purpose. the standard intentionally gimps the male ends, because it's way easier to replace a cable than it is to desolder a fucking SMD jack in your phone and replace it

We need wireless charging to stop being so fucking garbage so nobody has to worry about charging cables anymore. In the meantime just buy 21 AWG charging cables OP. Most micro usb cables being sold use 28 AWG or thinner wires, it's absolutely bullshit.

Best advice I can give is stick to cables with heavy gauge wire, micro-usb connector side must be metallic and cable must have nylon braiding. These in my experience have lasted me the longest. The crux of micro-usb is the connector head is made up of very thin stamped steel not fused to itself. This is why usb-c will be more durable.

If you suspect your micro usb cable might just have a bent head then take a plier to flatten it back into shape, this could revive the cable long enough until you get a new one.

Attached: dodocool-lightning-micro-usb-c-cable-charger-ports.jpg (2000x1813, 1.51M)

Speaking of connectors, this is why iPhones are fucking garbage. When and if charging fails it will usually be because the pins inside the lightning connector have worn down. Whoever the fuck designed this assbackwards garbage needs to hang.

Attached: Lightning-iPhone-7.png (640x270, 57K)