Who has philips hue

who has philips hue

Attached: https___blueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com_uploads_card_image_809837_4cfcd9ed-f13d-43a6-b15c- (950x534, 77K)

still pissed off they discontinued ambx

who has the gay

Fun fact: Philips has the North American patent on RGB lightbulbs. Other companies can do things like strip lights and concert spotlights but aren't allowed to make anything that screws into a light socket.

I design RGB bulbs for a living and they're only allowed to be sold in Asia.

I've done zero research into this, are they just multi-led bulbs?

>Speaking on the issue in public for the first time, the company’s IP chief said Philips wanted to share its technology to grow the LED lighting market and wasn’t in the business of ‘going around trolling with invalid patents’.

What about lifx?

best lightbulb under 50?

high cri etc

I don't care about rob bullshit

RGB is a dead meme anyway, RGBW is the hot shit now

I bought a couple xiaomi yeelight yl06 bulbs I think, something like $30aud each and they're pretty fucking good. Comfortably bright enough to light up a regular sized bedroom, you'd probably want a couple for a lounge room though.

I got all the lights in my appartment running Philips Hue.
Except for the spotlights in the kitchen and in the bathroom.
It's pretty comfy.

>Not already using CMYK bulbs

How the fuck are you allowed to have a monopoly on colored lights?

Yeah this sounds like a patent troll

Is this the free market capitalism I've been hearing about?

I have. it's shit. the bridge can't handle much traffic so no cool disco effects. I built fake ambi light that reads the framebuffer and sets the lamps to primary/secondary colors but the lag is high because I have a shitton of lamps and the bridge can only set 3 without much of noticeable lag. shitty tech.

by the power of the state

no it's not because patents and their enforcement is regulatory intervention by the state. come down from your college antifa slogans and see the real problem here: a gang of bureaucrats that decides that anyone who dares to build rgb lamps will be thrown in a cage or shot. better pay your protection money .. erm ... taxes

Attached: taxes-are-the-price-we-pay-for-a-civilized-society-4583046.png (500x605, 155K)

>subtractive color theory for light emitting devices
Really makes you think.

Thanks capitalism

xiaomi yeelights are a good cheaper alternative. Make sure you get the 800w ones.

Attached: Screenshot_20181005-080232.png (720x1280, 351K)

Are there any chink Nanoleaf copies? I've asked on /csg/ multiple times but so far no answer

get some individually addressable LED's and hook an arduino up to it.

This is the opposite of capitalism, in a true capitalist society the government will not intervene in the free market with stuff like patents.

>100$ RGB bulb
Why?

Impossible.
That shit was dirt cheap, like 25 Euros brand new.

It ran RGB LEDs via USB in the stone ages, be grateful. I kind of maintained an open source driver for Mac OS X for quite some time, btw.

Considering the price-point it was great.

Attached: 1483135100813.jpg (1778x990, 362K)

Because normies don't know that there are cheaper alternatives

A group of my friends has nearly 40 of these god damn things. They have every light - literally every light - in their house in the hue system. One of them worked at Apple and used to get huge employee discounts on the bulbs (since they were sold through Apple stores).

It's pretty neat, but kinda silly.

Look at this way.
In communist country you would have been promised colored lights for everybody,they will arrive a decade late,when they will become available will cost an arm and a leg,there will be absurd shortage because all production will be exported and people just hide the ones from the domestic pile for themselves or for their relatives.

t.commie transition survivor

t. Soiboi

intellectual property is such a fucking joke. i'm sorry you have to put up with that dude

Philips is saving you from chinkshit. You should be grateful.

i got lifx as i only need one bulb so figured it wasnt worth having to pay for the hub and shit

Smells like botnet.

Why are shows only designed for Greek sub humans? It's like the cut of all modern dress shoes is knife shaped, ever since production moved to india. Are Greeks the same as Indians?

objectively no