20 year old tech is literally superior in every way to modern tech

>20 year old tech is literally superior in every way to modern tech
Why did this happen?

Attached: 1521663201041.jpg (1280x960, 256K)

i'm gay btw if that matters.

When will you stop posting this you retarded hipster piece of shit?

saged

Attached: M9hF2kA.jpg (2136x3216, 534K)

Price and weight gave LCD an edge. Retarded consumers did not care zviut color, refresh rate, or input latency

Because convenience is more important than quality to the majority of people. CRT's were big and bulky. New TV's are super thin and easier to move around.
Not only that, but I'm sure electricity use was a factor too. CRT's use a lot of it, where as modern TV's don't use much at all.

>modern tech
if you're still living in 2007 maybe

>literally superior in every way
Yes, this is literally true. Inferior technology takes over markets, but only if it is inferior in every dimension with no possible upsides that might matter.

A CRT from 2007 will easily DESTROY a modern LCD

Attached: 1508904920851.jpg (1280x960, 245K)

Stop shilling crt's as they're already hard to find. Let them pop up, let the sellers get desperate and lower the price, and just grab them. Don't advertise them.

Anyways people moved towards LCD's because they're a better business solution -- they're cheaper, lighter, and easier to carry. Also, most people don't notice things like motion blur, so that's why people liked lcd's more.

Maybe if you threw them at each other

You mean a CRT *monitor from 2004/2005. CRT TVs are trash though.

It's okay to be jealous

Attached: 1525125249445.jpg (1280x960, 289K)

kek

>HD CRT
too laggy

nice you smoke butthash too? Whose blend?

>muh crt
Turn on the lights.

>inhaling jenkem
>jealous

The lights are on in this pic.

It's drugs.

Attached: 1528454713316.jpg (1280x960, 286K)

>wii console
>heavy tv
>broken arizer with trash bag

yep confirmed for loser, really jealous of how much of a loser you are user

What's broken on the airizer?

>Jealous
But I have a CRT monitor, and you have a CRT TV.
What's your max resolution, refresh rate, and dot pitch again?

not the jenkem inhaler but
seriously nigger? trying to dick-measure about being a consumer? a retarded one at that (bought a fucking CRT)

>trying to dick-measure about being a consumer?
Fuck out retard. There's a big difference between a high quality CRT computer monitor, and some piece of shit CRT TV that user found next to a dead cat.
>a retarded one at that (bought a fucking CRT)
Underaged old go.
>Consumerism
>Items are no longer available for purchase

yeah except my fucking gtx 960 doesn't want to feed it a proper 15khz signal

Attached: IMG_9626.jpg (2716x3626, 2.78M)

unless of course it's in TESTING mode. for those 15 seconds it works fine!
guess i'm stuck using my pi for crt retro shit, for now at least

Attached: IMG_9627.jpg (2788x3716, 2.82M)

>modern
>LCD
OLED is modern. LED is obsolete.

QLED is the newest tech. No one cares about OLED

OLED is obsolete.

QLED is literally Samsung being pissy they can't build OLEDs and pushing an inferior alternate standard

>gets old tech
>wastes it on silly little games
Absolutely pathetic. Go back to /vr/, you stupid basedboys.
>wasting CRTs on wangblows
Fucking pajeets.

Both are shit.

>cancer ray toob
the vape of computer peripheral

>MUH ALT-RIGHT WHITE FRAGILITY

You manchildren can't even think independently.

20? are you some bloomer?
that is more like a 40 year old thing.

>Cancer
You could get a filter if you can't stop yourself from pressing your fat face into the screen while watching from a CRT.

CLEDIS

Absolutely agree, OP. Don't listen to this philistines. They have no value as humans without the shiniest newest fad.

Attached: 1538356261895.jpg (1200x742, 233K)

i turn 40 in march, can confirm. I keep a CRT because i have a VCR to watch the out of print VHS i have, as well as use with my retro shit. I have flatpanels for my PC and other new stuff. Im in a cpl CRT groups and i see the 20 yr old autists bemoan things like pics of dead storebrand CRTs on a curb with the cords cut and tubes cracked. If it's not a Sony, JVC, Samsung, Toshiba or other higher end rig, it's worthless. Steer clear of store brand shit like Durabrand, Realistic, Olympus (unless its a portable), Kenmore/Sears, etc. that stuff is neither servicable nor worth saving or salvaging.

t. 25 year old zoomer

how's that heroin addiction treating you?

>tiny ass monitor
>junkie
>vr meme
>nintentoddler trash
lmao kys retards, sage goes in all fields

shadow puppets were the pinnacle of projection entertainment.

>at some point your crt will give up the ghost and a quality replacement will be thousands of dollars
I have literally had nightmares about it. Literally.

actual lol

What type of tv is this nigger

It's a Trinitron, you fucking retard. Learn to read.

recap should add years and will last longer than you live

A few years ago I recycled a 27 inch Trinitron that would power on and immediately off. I wonder if it was possible to fix easily after watching 8 Bit Guy.

It has really nice colors cool post

>Sony
Enjoy your failing caps

CIA corporations ruined it. Stallman tried his best. Also the brain-dead masses who need to share every detail of thier life online to give to said intelligence agencies.

> Stallman tried to stop it
> let unaudited system d created by alphabets to aid in backdoor into the kernel

Linux fags should become lemmings

Omg dudes I smoked like literally 4k times in my life guys. Like literally guys

Just use both you retarded idorts, I'm sure you have enough desk real estate

>fucking tape
>bag from fruit aisle
>showing off color version of monitor from 1950s

Attached: IMG_20181004_230234.jpg (1600x1200, 175K)

it's not a TV, it's a PVM (Video Monitor, for professional/security purposes)
"Trinitron" is a type of tube, not TV. you can get Trinitron tubes in both TV's and Monitors. there are also non-sony equivalents like Diamondtron

>"Trinitron" is a type of tube
It's the name of Sony's brand, you braindead gamer.

Nice nu-Thinkpad. They really went to shit, didn't they.

it's also a sony brand, yes, but it refers to the type of tube, not a specific set

To be more specific. Trinitron are Sony's brand name for their aperture grilled single gun with 3 cathodes.

>not a specific set
Brands don't refer to specific sets either, you fucking tool. Do you even know what a brand is? Those toys you play with are frying whatever meager amount of brain your creator gave you.

What game is that

one of the GameBoy Advance Castlevania games, it looks like OP is playing it on a Wii

calling that PVM a "sony trinitron" doesn't say much, since the 'trinitron' part only refers to the kind of tube it has, it doesn't even say if it's a PVM or TV
it's like if i called my laptop a "Toshiba Intel", it has an Intel cpu, but most of the time people expect at least the model of this laptop/it's series name, not the name of some shared component in it ("Toshiba Satellite")

>calling that PVM a "sony trinitron" doesn't say much
It's more than enough to find your model with a cursory DDG search, stop being so pathetic.
>it's like if i called my laptop a "Toshiba Intel"
Of course you're an x86 year old. I should have known. Retardation of your caliber can only come from someone so thoroughly infected.
>but most of the time people expect at least the model of this laptop/it's series name
I don't really care what brainlets who can't even use DDG expect.

the actual term 'Trinitron' is a trademark of Sony Corporation. 'Apeture Grille' is the non-trademark/branded name for the tubes, used by Mitsubishi under Diamondtron and the like. Plus PVM is also a term used to refer to Sony-branded video monitors used for things like media production, security applications etc. Do some actual homework before spouting on, please.

also the controls on the front of OPs monitor are ONLY found on PVMs and BVMs, not consumer-grade monitors.

>Of course you're an x86 year old. I should have known. Retardation of your caliber can only come from someone so thoroughly infected.
oh just fuck off
i got this laptop for $30 to run solidworks on, so i don't need to run windows on my desktop

Holy shit you are even worse than I thought. You willingly use Wangblows and some retarded proprietary software? What the fuck is wrong with you?

There's a model number that goes along with the PVM or PVM-XXXX, or GDM-XXXX, or PVM-XXXX, or CDP-XXXX, or GDM-XXXX.
Just saying that it's a Sony PVM really doesn't tell us that much.

It's more than enough to find his model. You are pathetic.

Attached: 1499825377961.jpg (897x869, 40K)

if i could do this work with FreeCAD, i would, but i can't. last i checked it didn't even support assemblies, i might as well draft on paper at that point

You're like a baby crying for food. So unable to serve yourself. You disregard your freedom for convenience.

stupidest shit ive read all day fuck you for making me laugh

Attached: Bgp825BCMAAreS2.jpg (480x700, 42K)

>It's enough to find her model
If I crossed referenced it's image with a slew of PVM models, but I'm not going to search the internet for user's latest dumpster dive. It's not even a good Jow Forums tier model.
>locked low res
>locked at 60hz
>Not for PC
There's nothing about it that interests me.
>You are pathetic
Because I didn't waste time to search the internet for a shit non PC monitor?
OP's monitor isn't even /v/ tier.

Then why reply if you don't care? Just so you can bitch at everyone? It takes 2 seconds to use DDG and find that model. Fucking retard.

>being this mad at someone better than you

Have fun having no eyes

A retard like you is only better than x86 year old gamers like OP.

why do CRTfags always have the most disgusting looking homes/rooms?

Attached: pepe_confuse.png (612x491, 22K)

because youre a virgin and judge other men's nests

because they are poor and can't afford a nice monitor, so they convince themselves CRT is the shit
t. poorfag

They're gamers, so they're too immature to maintain a tidy environment. Not to mention their awful taste in decor.

I cared to reply to some dumbass, because it's a board for discussion, and user keeps on replying to me directly.
>It takes 2 seconds to use DDG and find that model.
I don't need to fake Google a model series that I know is already garbage though.
It's not like you have a neat GDM, or DDM as a PC monitor, or even a BVM for classic console gaymaning.
>Fucking retard.
I find this extremely ironic.

>I don't need to fake Google a model series that I know is already garbage though.
Then why are you replying, you stupid Google used? There was a retard who wanted to know, so I told him. Now you're having a panic attack over it like the baby you are.
>It's not like you have a neat GDM, or DDM as a PC monitor, or even a BVM for classic console gaymaning.
Wrong person, retard. I'm not that faggot gamer.
>I find this extremely ironic.
You're too retarded to see how retarded you are. Sad.

>Then why are you replying, you stupid Google used?
1. You replied to me
B. DDG is a double kiked Google Search variant
>Wrong person, retard. I'm not that faggot gamer.
Just, because you're a different faggot doesn't make you any better.
>You're too retarded to see how retarded you are. Sad.
user...I

>You replied to me
You replied to me first.
>DDG is a double kiked Google Search variant
No evidence to support such a claim exists and it is not a Google variant.
>Just, because you're a different faggot doesn't make you any better.
Just go back to your little games, retard.
>user...I
Yikes.

you’re the mongoloid using trash blindly following some foot eater. true freedom is to use whatever you want

>true freedom is to use whatever you want
You think the freedom to enslave others and be enslaved is more important than the freedom of all?

>You replied to me first
No I didn't, faggot.
>No evidence to support such a claim exists and it is not a Google variant.
Kikeware that uses Google. You didn't even know that much did you dummy.
>Just go back to your little games, retard.
I barely play vidya user.
>Yikes
Mental illness- le post

>No I didn't, faggot.
This isn't a matter of opinion.
>Kikeware that uses Google
Yet no evidence actually shows this.
>I barely play vidya user.
So you do play? No wonder your brain is fried.
>Mental illness- le post
Says the gamer.

>enslaved
nobody is forcing you to use a computer or any piece of software.
>freedom of all
sounds like the nice freedom given to people in communist countries, gnu freedumbs is literally cancer

>nobody is forcing you to use a computer or any piece of software
Stupid yank.
>sounds like the nice freedom given to people in communist countries, gnu freedumbs is literally cancer
How is enslaving others conducive to greater freedom universally?

>Yet no evidence actually shows this.
Umm... user who do you think made ddg, and how do you think that it works?
Pls stop embarrassing yourself.

AFAIK Plasmas and CRTs are worse than LCDs for environmental and power consumption shit. Though now they have decided to only update LCD technology.

It would help your case if you actually showed even a shred of evidence to support your claim. Empirical claims can and should be supported by evidence.

I knew you Jow Forums niggers were retarded