The WebTorrent developers are retarded

I went to check out WebTorrent today. As soon as I opened their website, their JavaScript software opened a "demo" of their torrenting software and began downloading a 150mb video without my permission - and there's no way to pause/stop it without leaving the webpage.

What the fuck? Do web developers forget that data caps exist?

Attached: download.png (225x225, 3K)

CAPPED
A
P
P
E
D

weak bait

>data caps exist?
They don't unless you're on your phones network. Otherwise you wouldn't/shouldn't torrent, retard.

>without my permission
That's a mistake, but otherwise their thinking is fully understandable. They want to show off WebTorrent.

Jesus, people actually defend this garbage?

Now imagine you visit a seemingly normal website, but it starts downloading pizza to your PC. It's a honeypot or a troll. The file has a password, so it's not like you can open it anyway. Yet, you're not only downloading but also distributing pizza

>I want to torrent
>but I'm on a datacap so I can't torrent
>but I still want to download this torrent client because why not
>I'm mad because a torrent started after I installed this software
You're retarded. If you have a cap stop downloading shit.

> Javascript

Yeah that's safe

>Retard mistaking webtorrent for a torrent client that auto-downloads some bullshit after installing
You are clearly too fucking stupid to be here
And if this is bait, fuck you for making me waste 2 minutes on recaptcha

You know, if you cared about datacaps, you'd have Javascript disabled

you could do that now with plain HTML and HTTP

Yep, but with webtorrent, every peer sees every other peer's IP address. A troll can set it up, the three letter glowies can monitor it.

Feros is literally the smartest man I've ever met.

Then tell him to fix his fucking website

So pedos are the one behind WebTorrent so they can share and get pizza and say it was not on purpose?

Wrong on so many levels

>Visiting youtube video.
>It starts streaming without my permission.

I'm fucked now.

WT should be basic level technologies, you should have box with content at home and intra ISP traffic should be not counted up to data caps.

It's a torrent client, yes. Retard.

not op or anyone you repsonded to. webtorrent is not a torrent client. it's a way for browsers to stream torrents, and are embedded directly into the browser. it's how bitchute operates. I understand op's concern but they're trying to show how their software works, sure they could have used a 30mb video, but maybe you shouldn't be browsing videos while on a device with data caps.

>I want to torrent
You're right, I want to torrent. I want to torrent what *I* want to download. I don't care about a 150mb video. I have no bandwidth cap, and never really worry about saturating my bandwidth, but you have to legitimately be mentally disabled to defend the practice of automatically downloading a file like that. If they just want to show it off why not just download a 5mb file and not waste my time? This is just lazy developers being lazy, and you should stop trying to protect them, faggot.

You're being trolled dude. Since when is Jow Forums pro driveby download? That's the ultimate botnet virus