Roadblocks for women in technology need to be addressed

As a woman i faced all kinds of hurdles being in any tech field. I also don't make as much as my male coworkers something has to be done about this Jow Forums. Woman are oppressed everyday, and even prevented from joining fields like cs and engineering something needs to be done.

Attached: 1538310054876.jpg (2000x1335, 605K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gap.hks.harvard.edu/national-hiring-experiments-reveal-21-faculty-preference-women-stem-tenure-track~
gap.hks.harvard.edu/national-hiring-experiments-reveal-21-faculty-preference-women-stem-tenure-track
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sure but i'm still a virgin will you go out with me

I'll give you a job if you be my gf

this is a perfect show case of the kind of harassment im talking about im fucking sick of it.

>being asked out on a date is harassment

I am H1B drone, just companies want cheap workers overtime and just native women figure out and move to mananger or non-IT career.

I make a lot money for my country standards and other thousand for my country want this job

OP here, this is me. What about me makes guys not want to work with me? Ive gone to hr and told them the men refuse to work or communicate with me at all.

Attached: IMG_1118.jpg (540x540, 54K)

Roadblocks? Like TALENT?

Exactly this bitch probably wrote a couple hello worlds and thought she was some through the roof iq genius.

Any unwanted sexaul advances are harassment you fucking pig.

Women are actually preferred 2 to 1 in the stem feild compared to their equally qualified male counterparts.

gap.hks.harvard.edu/national-hiring-experiments-reveal-21-faculty-preference-women-stem-tenure-track~

Tits or gtfo

kill yourself

timestamp. but you're not very attractive, and women are a sexual harrasment accusation risk, so their penis won't override their judgement.

gap.hks.harvard.edu/national-hiring-experiments-reveal-21-faculty-preference-women-stem-tenure-track

Sorry, I seem to have fucked up the link.

Fuck off im so fucking done with guys im going to quit my job if this keepa happening.

You can join once you develop skills

Well quit your fucking job. No one gives a shit whether you quit or not

>Feanigger
what did she mean by this?

The biggest roadblock to women in tech is all those creepy incels and nerds in the field.
We need to kick them out forcefully and replace them with Chads. In addition to this, I think its fair to increase income taxes and take a percentage of them to pay women to attend classes. I think women should be paid at least 90k per year for attending university/college.

Pros:
>lots of women will suddenly be interested in tech
>no more rape accusations
>women very satisfied
>increased incel/aspie suicide rates
Cons:
>tech will not work
>kills meritocracy
>raised income taxes
A sacrifice worth making.

>femnigger**
Its a shop of the sticker that says femgineer

>tech will not work
This is a pro

Yeah if you want to go back to pre boomer tech and have it be created by zero iq niggers.

>creepy incels and nerds in the field.
Today 2 milllons indias had H1B for working in IT USA sector.
And women student debt is over trillon dollars...

That's because they go to uni for dumbass shit like pre k teacher degrees.

>asking a question in order to figure out if advances are unwanted or not is harassment
>people should just be able to read my mind!!!
literally no

fake and gay

Roasties shouldn’t stray outside of the house.

Is pretending to be gay so girls will hang around me a good way to get laid? I figure i can make my move once they're comfy around me .

No one should be trying to hit on their coworkers in the first place you fucking idiot!!!! We are there to work.

>humans should be asexual robots
>no socializing with coworkers ever for any reason

>socializing with coworkers
fuck off normie

>socializing
>same as hitting on girl

bro you need check yourself. You looking like a sexual deviant pervert IMO. Just because the culture is over sexualized and think its ok to ear fuck women in public?

Simple, scrap job interviews entirely (there is some evidence they are downright harmful to effective hiring) and instate a policy of shredding any CVs with identifiable age/race/sex/etc. on them, perhaps provide an online form instead of accepting CVs that doesn't have opportunities to provide that information.

There are no roadblocks. Some women do very well in tech.

I always figured that most of them looked at the tech life and realised it is a lot of hard work for little pay and reward.

So they usually smartly decide to work in other fields.
Why work in a high stress, low reward environment when you can go working in marketing and get paid more in a pleasant environment.

Attached: 13726801_628059284030375_3132104919659628395_n.jpg (960x576, 113K)

Attached: 1538633970919.png (625x626, 23K)

> identifiable sex/race
So no names either?

Woman here. I have been working as a software engineer for ten years now. I have worked on game engines, machine learning, data science, pretty much anything fun.

There’s a push because it honestly is a lot harder grtting into tech as a woman. There’s all these weird hoops like I have to be “one of the guys” to fit in and any sign of femininity is taken as a weakness. For example, most women who have worked in nonfrontend programming I’ve seen over the years avoid makeup or use minimal. They also speek like an octave deeper around teammates than around me. Most women just weren’t encouraged like a lot of men are to get into tech when they do show an interest. I know like some men I had to fight tooth and nail to get where I am today—there’s a disparity here with how accessible tech is made to men vs women. Heck, even on IRC most of the women I know on freenode and the like go to great lengths to conceal the fact that they’re women because people will automatically treat them with less respect.

I have a trans woman friend who confirmed what she experienced as a male in tech and what she experiences passing as a woman in tech. Its very interesting how insecure or jusf plain shitty men get about women doing intellectual things, almost as if it threatens some of them.

All in all I’ve worked with mostly pleasant people but its stupid to pretend this reality doesnt exist and that women have less opportunity to succeed in tech than men om average.

Like my male friend who I just taught to code just got a high paying job which took me years ro get to that point when i was on my own.

Yes there are womens reachout orgs that help women get into tech, but the reason they exist is because texh is currently an extremely masculine space. I know that sounds absurd but if uve ever worked with a mostly female team vs a mostly male team ull notice differences. I wish tech to be more accessible and pleasant for all.

Post your code. If you want success the way a man earns it, then just shut up and code.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 18.14.16.jpg (1302x1846, 250K)

Tits and gtfo, roastie. You belong in the kitchen.

Honestly replacing tech cucks with chads might actually be a great idea, if not just for the fact that video games and open source programs might've had a better chance of surviving the feminism onslaught

Your bait is weak roastie.
What do you think of that, you
multi-gender theory buying, free-bleeding, wage gap believing, hair dying, Hill shilling, gun control lobbying, sanctuary city supporting, Obama cock sucking, pussy hat wearing, CNN trusting, Trump protesting, virtue signalling, Kinsey Scale wandering, morality hating, double standards wielding, dildo carrying, Huffington Post reading, Black Lives Matter posting, Islam apologizing, terrorism enabling, anal pumping, occupy democrats sharing, fan fiction writing, tinder using, white guilting, victim olympics competing, yaoi drawing, morbid obesity justifying, religion bashing, cross fit endorsing, pride parade marching, Orlando mourning, geek culture attention flagging, Orange is The New Black watching, Bruce Jenner worshipping, pop and rap listening, Lady Gaga obsessing, night clubbing, starbucks drinking, snopes citing, coal burning, tumblr blogging, J.K. Rowling Twitter following, netflix and chilling, open relationship having, promiscuous disease-ridden blue-waffled pansexual degenerate whore?

>There’s all these weird hoops like I have to be “one of the guys” to fit in and any sign of femininity is taken as a weakness
You sound like you have a paranoid personality disorder. Either there's a world wide secret patriarchal society of which all males are a member that's pulling the strings to keep you feeling anxious or it's all in your head.

Yeah, make sure hiring staff can only see an applicant ID until the final selection has been made. Names are a known problem, there is evidence that foreign names do worse on job applications in the UK for example.

>having mutual interests is sexist
She is probably just a autist sperg who doesn't know how to socialize

This is pasta, stop replying.

Based
It should be “dyeing” though

Why is it a problem if an organisation chooses to "hinder" themselves by not hiring foreigners? Just let them make their own choices. If they fail while others who hire foreigners succeed then either way you win because the "xenophobic" companies will go out of existence. But on the other hand, if all the companies who hire tons of foreigners fail then the ones who didn't hire foreigners win and your theory will now have a lot of evidence against it.

wew lad

the truth is too logical, a leftist will just ignore it because they cannot refute it

Whether or not discriminatory hiring should be allowed is a completely different question, I actually lean towards the idea that it should, on the grounds that discrimination on opinion definitely should be allowed and you can reimplement most other discrimination using it ("Oh I didn't fire them because they're gay, I fired them because they support gay marriage").
I'm simply saying that if people want to end discrimination against X/Y/Z group they should put their money where their mouth is and make systematic changes with real effects, instead of just whining about it and ignoring the obvious fix because they're scared they'd lose out if things were made more objective.

>asking a question is ear fucking
>men being interested in women is sexually deviant and perverted
same shit as usual

Fuck you cunt, teaching kids hello world isnt a real job.

Attached: 1534204411976.png (645x614, 83K)

Chads don't care about politics lol.

Go back to your containment board and suck off drumpf!!!!

Attached: 1535681789735.jpg (821x960, 123K)

Bitch gtfo

Attached: titsorgtfo.jpg (125x125, 5K)

I miss that little guy

No, you don't

Cringe.

Attached: 1538649305654.png (609x714, 99K)

>systematic changes
>real effects
these are mutually exclusive. the only thing you would accomplish is giving an incompetent government more power to abuse you, while, and here's the part that makes you look stupid, while there is a perfectly effective solution right in front of your face: allow them the choice to discriminate and accept the consequences which could include failing as a business.

As a man i faced all kinds of hurdles being in any tech field. I also don't have as much sex as my female coworkers something has to be done about this Jow Forums. Men are oppressed everyday, and even prevented from joining sex and relationships something needs to be done.

Just become gay, its super easy to get laid then.

Allowing people to be cut out of earning on the basis of immutable traits is not a "perfectly effective solution" so long as people are dependent on private enterprise to not starve to death. Move the responsibility for them not starving to death onto the government and then that responsibility is removed from the private sector and they could be freed to discriminate to their heart's content.

No.
It is absolutely sexists that females opress me in this way.

All things that need to be done have to impact women much earlier than the working environment. All social norms need to be toppled. The biggest issue is that not enough geek girls exist. Only a critical amount of women with genuine interest in tech will massively btfo hurdles put in front of them.

Beta bitch boy cuck

>men are intimidated when you show your intellect

Why is this bad? If they've fed into the toxic masculinity meme enough to be pissed when a woman is smarter than them, it's good that they're pissed.

Copy pasta also feminist are trash

>Only a critical amount of women with genuine interest in tech will massively btfo hurdles put in front of them.
Hurdles such as???

Nice edit faggot

the men in cs are too beta to look at the opposite sex, let alone communicate/work with them

See, you're not seeing the bigger picture. Somebody has to hire those people, they'll simply take their talent elsewhere. This is not a theoretical outcome, it is based on a historical zeitgeist in American history.

Back in the early 1900s there were all-black construction companies in the southern USA. They were making tons of money because they would out-bid companies who would only hire whites. It's only after the well-intentioned (or bad-intentioned government if you look at it from the black people's perspective) piece of legislation said that companies were no longer allowed to hire companies with only one race working for them that suddenly the all-black construction companies went out of business because they were outbid. The father of Thomas Sowell had to quit his well-paying construction job, move his family to Chicago, and take a low-paying job in an automobile factory because of this.

Now tell me that good intentions have good effects.

You make a good point, I will have to consider this more.

All of those hoops are in your head. You're a sociable person, so you try to fit in and talk to people, despite the fact that you don't have to. I literally act like a robot at work and only try to communicate when people present general interest in whatever personal stuff I'm doing in my spare time and all is well.

My gf works in IT she earns more than me now. She is only limited by her skill, experience and job availability. She might be one of the few women in IT at her work but that's because not many woman who like technology and work hard to progress in the field. GTFO with that feminist bs!

Cuck detected

gatekeeping, on both sides
favorism and quotas

>something needs to be done
How about you do something then, instead of looking for otther people (men) to do shit for you. Equality bitch, its what you all dumb cunts wanted, yes? After all you are all smarter and better in intelectual fields. Gather other fatties and deal with shit yourselves. Or better yet get back to kitchen. Oh, and thanks for laughs

Attached: giphy.gif (493x342, 480K)

Well flipside is these days you can't tell (nor do most care) what their products come from what race. In other words if a company was indeed only hiring whites on purpose as long as the product produced by said company is good people these days don't care. You'll get a few outliers sure but general opinion of the company will stay the same.

Walt Disney was a fucking racist. Has that hurt Disney? Hell no.

samefagging this hard

Evidence for these outrageous claims?
You are alleging some pretty heavy criminal activities here, people will go to jail if you have even a shred of evidence for this.

But of course you don't and it is just your delusions.

HAHAH
Femnigger
HAHAHAHAHH
Women are the niggers of gender

I feel so sorry for women. I really do. The rational ones at least.

I empathise with those women who are having their sex portrayed as helpless follies in male-major industry by clueless graduate tumors who need help for everything.

And the ones that have worked so hard their entire lives to reach the standards, biologically or no, required to get ahead. Suddenly, you actually are definitely different, and that difference must be catered to. Regardless of fairness or logic, the market is driven by social media chaos. Where mob rule is law and sensitivity to information is king.

Imagine seeing special treatment as a virtue, and imagine your brethren whom speak the loudest are representing that axiom. I would curse my own in that case.

Attached: 1507514795247.jpg (694x530, 79K)

Exactly.
We need to get rid of anyone who thinks politics in entertainment is a good thing.
I honestly don't care which side you are on these days, if you can't talk about something else while shooting zombies or crushing candy or whatever people do, you need to off yourself.

I know a girl who went to grace hopper and got 4 big name offers in a day. Shits being done senpai. Learn how to collect.

>Femnigger

Attached: 1537776647029.jpg (3543x2362, 2.15M)

Gatekeeping isn't illegal and it happens all the time. And it's a hurdle. Favorism happens in schools when the male to female ratio is something like 95 to 5. It's logical that shit like that happens. Quotas are either company policy or even freaking law. And they're shit for actual talented female because no one will take them serious if they're hired for making a company look better.

10/10 made me reply

So your point is what? Risk ruining companies so people can work at companies that don't want or need their talent?

>It's logical that shit like that happens.
>In theory it happens all the time in my hypothetical situations, but when asked to point to a single (1) instance of it going unpunished in real life I am at a loss, however we still need to change the laws because my hypothetical scenarios are out of control

Stop being an idiot. Asking a single for proof for a systemic issue was already too dumb to warrant a reply.

Look I love women, they're great. I am surrounded by many women, top of the line women, women who are by the way, very smart. These women will revolutionize tech, I can tell. My uncle could also tell he was an early pioneer, women will dominate, mark my words

>>>/pol
a thread died for this

>God is dope

Attached: 121341414145.jpg (333x333, 24K)

you're getting paid less than pajeet?