Why the fuck is it so difficult to make windows 10 usable...

Why the fuck is it so difficult to make windows 10 usable? Just got my first win10 laptop (and I need win10 for shitty job software), and ive uninstalled candy crush 10 times now.

Im using W10Privacy to disable a lot of shit but does anyone have any other guide or tips on how to make it not shit? (except uninstalling).

Attached: 1522586904059.jpg (768x432, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

community.spiceworks.com/scripts/show/4378-windows-10-decrapifier-1803on
community.spiceworks.com/how_to/148624-how-to-clean-up-a-single-windows-10-machine-image-using-decrapifier
blogs.technet.microsoft.com/ukplatforms/2018/06/11/say-no-to-long-term-servicing-channel-ltsc/
youtu.be/yyQke66oFA0
techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Windows-IT-Pro-Blog/Changes-to-Office-and-Windows-servicing-and-support/ba-p/151509
technologyreview.com/s/401594/why-software-is-so-bad/#comments
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Find an old ISO of Windows 10 and install it. Install Pro, crack it, then remove the junk and update it to newer versions.

> what is windows 10 LTSB
> what is windows 10 enterprise

How does a persistent reinstall of candy crush, cooking fever, dragon mania legends & hidden object adventure make win10 any less useable?

It doesn't have any actual impact on you aside from being either funny or triggering depending on your attitude

>imagine actually going to these lengths because the sight of candy crush, cooking fever, dragon mania legends & hidden object adventure triggers you so hard

Attached: Ladies-laughing-.jpg (2365x2057, 693K)

> what is windows 10 LTSB
something everyone freaks out about when you use it because its only for ATMs and is completely unusable on a PC

you're a fucking retard

My start menu looks like this. No tiles...just empty space.

Attached: startmenu.png (457x641, 243K)

lolwut? it's the same OS except without store, without cortana, without candy crush etc.

NO GAEMS
NO SOFTWAER

>NO GAEMS
>NO SOFTWAER
What?
Do people actually use the app store for software, and games?

removed all the tiles and put my own. the removed ones haven't come back.

Attached: 1538689431484.jpg (717x585, 67K)

its not difficult, you just don't know how

never had a problem with ads or trash apps reinstalling with O&O Shutup 10

Im just retelling what ive heard

Attached: 1524172285497.png (1244x553, 35K)

thanks for reminding me to log in and get my daily crush rewards OP

Attached: Screenshot (38).png (1920x1080, 1.99M)

Enable "Show app list in Start menu" you retard
Then it basically becomes like the Win7 menu

> reddit spacing

>nobel Prices
>you really should listen to them
hmmm

>nobel price
almost got me

>Enable "Show app list in Start menu" you retard
DId this but I still feel empty inside. Maybe I'll turn on a dark theme.

>what is usability: the menu

>tripfag
>candy crush
why am I not surprised?

Retard, change settings. No ads, no bloat, clean.

what settings? i tried all if it and all it did was stop the candy crush icon from showung, now its a black time with the name candy crush that keeps getting reinstalled.

trying this now.

Here's what I did.
1. download clean iso from microshaft
2. use rufus to copy iso to flash drive
3. download the script provided atcommunity.spiceworks.com/scripts/show/4378-windows-10-decrapifier-1803on another flash drive / harddrive
4. use flash drive to reinstall windows
5. once you get to the oob screen (ie. configure windumbs for the first time) follow instructions oncommunity.spiceworks.com/how_to/148624-how-to-clean-up-a-single-windows-10-machine-image-using-decrapifier
6. after installation and decrapify is done install drivers

Thank me later.

Win10privacy is a botnet kraut basedboy won't release sauce for it

Dowloading now.

>not just reinstalling with Windows 10 LTSB

This is stupid. Nobody should do this.
Just get the LTSB and be done with it.

Found the gullible redditor.

Attached: CROCK.png (554x554, 47K)

> butthurt enough over a literal spacebar that you felt compelled to blog about it

just install windows 10 LTSB from 2016
that's the least retarded version of windows 10

sudo apt install gnu/hurd

I wonder if these people bitch and moan about those shitty games like Iango, 4 In A Row, Chess, Aisle Riot and the plethora of outdated, 15 year old garbage that come with their bloated Gnome installation.

Guess what: YOU CAN UNINSTALL THOSE AND THEY STAY UNINSTALLED.

WHAT A REVOLUTIONARY CONCEPT, MICROSOFT SHILL. REMOVING SOMETHING AND NOT HAVE IT COME BACK.

What a fucking idiot.

I'm using windows 10 home and I haven't had candy crush reinstall itself ever

no registry tweaks or anything

but none of the local file sharing works, so I think my install might be fucked.

I've only had it install itself once and that was after a huge Windows update, it was a new laptop

you just have to beat the first few levels of each game and then it will let you permanently uninstall them.
It's really quite reasonable when you realise that microsoft uses the money it makes from the game companies to give you better services and features in the actual OS.

and it's not like the games are hard either. It only took me a few hours
You could EASILY spend twice as much time getting windows features out of linux and that wouldn't be nearly as much fun either

I've never had them reinstall, maybe its because youre a fucking retard and never uninstalled it the first time around.

Of sharing doesn't work go into add programs and features in control panel, add windows features and find SMB somethingarather and install it. Your shares will appear in explorer again.

1. Learn about Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB or LTSC
2. Don't use proprietary 'antispying' software, cause youre just getting spied on by them, there are foss alternatives like disableWin10tracking
3.if you only need wangblows for one piece of software, try using wine, or if that dont work, virtual machine

Attached: 6a1b908d9ac7c210d98653f06cf0f9cb-d8xbrb7.jpg (610x900, 483K)

>he believes this bullshit
Okay, Microsoft shill.

Can we ban everyone posting from a Microsoft-owned IP address, please?

I've been troubleshooting this for upwards of a year. I've tried re-enabling both protocols of SMB on all of my pc's none of them can see each other under any circumstances.

I've kinda given up to be honest, looking into third party options that work over LAN, dropbox apparently has that as an option.

maybe you're just too much of a fucking retard to beat a few levels of dragon mania legends

Just run a script before the main installation starts (press shift+f10 to open console in the install env) then run whatever debloat script you find after finishing. Done. No bother whatsoever; LTSB/LTSC cuts to the chase perhaps but I prefer a few features to remain.

>Why the fuck is it so difficult to make windows 10 usable?

Microsoft often operates based on what they think will give them the ability to control you.

They saw the smartphone market explode and they wanted a piece of it.
So, they tried to force desktop users of Windows to use their shitty "apps" to force their way into the smartphone market, under a unified ecosystem that THEY control.

blogs.technet.microsoft.com/ukplatforms/2018/06/11/say-no-to-long-term-servicing-channel-ltsc/

youtu.be/yyQke66oFA0

This. You probably delayed updates for so long and your packages became so out of date that you broke the bootstrapping process for the latest version. Next time keep your system up to date, retard.

1 rupee was delivered to your account Mahesh.

literally this

Attached: ltsb.png (515x175, 11K)

Windows and especially Win10 is software that is made to gradually slow your PC down and to sabotage your work in order to make you buy new computers.

Windows has layers on top of layers on top of layers just to check that you are eligible to install a fucking office suite that comes in ten mysterious versions. It works quite well. How else do you think that make installations without enduser software 15gigs big? Drivers? Linux mint or Ubuntu have drivers, media players, an office suite and all of the glory unix on a 4gig iso that can run in live mode.

Windows is a piece of crap. Not by accident but on purpose. It is just good enough to run ok whenever your computer is less than six months old.

You know what I would be really interested in? How do big corporations deal with this (see above)? What is the difference between their and our windows? What blackmagic are pro admins able to deliver to make it work (at least a bit...)?

Don't you mean 2015? Or is 2016 notably better? Aside from security updates.

>To further explain the reasoning behind the use of SAC over LTSC, please read the following key points:

then he goes on and lists $crap but a few points must made him laugh his ass off.

>No support for the modern Edge browser
>No support for Cortana
>No support for Windows Store
>No support for Surface hardware

not a single person on this blue marble can say that these are disadvantages without exposing themself as the trolls that they are deep inside

I swear Jow Forums users are so retarded
have you even tried them?
they are fun games

use this

Attached: neW8vS7.png (578x658, 59K)

from which department is this google shill from?

Lol. Those are all good reasons to use ltsb. Some of the restrictions are completely artificial like cpu support and office 365 support.

OMG why is solitare, mineseeper and jezball pre installed my os has been rendered unusable.

I do not use a single google service (except for youtube - without logging in of course).
I was merely telling you the truth.

Also how should I be a google shill if I used Ubuntu and Mint examples?

That is because the need to restrict you. How would you buy new soft- and hardware otherwise?

Disable half the os with your shitty software then complain how windows is laggy and unstable

Imstall classic menu or classic shell idk how it was called

??

Attached: Untitled (53).jpg (2560x1440, 671K)

IIRC they'll disable Office 365 support for the newest 2019 LTSC already in 2020. Isn't Office 365 web based anyway? Totally artificial restriction to force updates

At my work they install a custom workstation ISO, disable windows updates on all machines, instead deploy it via net install after they've checked it over, because every time there is an update, Microsoft keeps adding all the bloat back

so it is in fact basically the same shit?

Hi Im a brainlet and I did it easy enough.

Just get ccleaner and remove that shit and go through your options and change the privacy bit by bit and disable cortana. Nigga it aint hard.

>purge workstation iso
Update
Microsoft: "oh i noticed you don't have xbox and candy crush there! We better reinstall it shouldnt we?"

Absolute cancer.

>ccleaner

Thats never happened to me after an update. Though they do turn on services again that Ive disabled.

You can also install Store, Edge and all UWP apps on LTSC so those points are moot anyway. And only NPCs use Voice Assistants in their Desktop usage, cortana search function which is the only useful part still exists in LTSC, just non of the tracking and voice assistant bullshit no one cares about.

Youre an actual meme.

why do you have so many adobe programs

you can't possibly be needing all of them

use something different m8, do you even know what it do ?

Because your "usable" means "useless" for every sane fucking person.

It’s also retarded because on the same article they say LTSC 2018 will support Office 2019 app, which is essentially what you install Office 365, so I don’t think Office 365 will stop being supported. Even if they do this arbitrary restriction I will just cancel my Office 365 sub and pirate Office 2019 instead. Just how I uninstalled my legitimate Windows 10 Pro install for pirated LTSC.

techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Windows-IT-Pro-Blog/Changes-to-Office-and-Windows-servicing-and-support/ba-p/151509

Also it also says Office 365 PRO PLUS meaning that I could not even affect retail Office 365.

Yeah, I got that. It just made me giggle that he included these points because they are besides shilling just so damn stupid that he must in fact have died from laughing while writing it.

I have gone full linux years ago, but man if that is true how can the world even show signs of global economic growth? One would assume that all manpower is needed to just run some office computers ...

>im not a shill
>t. shill

My laptop has win 8.1 is it better to stay or goto win 10?

i dont plz explain and what should i be using instead?

>you are a shill
says the shill

> How do big corporations deal with this (see above)

Well, not for nothing Enterprise is a thing they pay for suscription and it works pretty well. In mu company IT chooses what comes with Windows and every "app" is not installed by default.

Home users pay with their privacy, ads and preinstalled apps.

I use LTSB since 2016 in home and no problems so far only receiving the monthly security patch.

So all of these fuckups simple don't happen? Can LTSP run with a small memory footprint? Are services documented and can they be turned off?

> and ive uninstalled candy crush 10 times now.

> Im using W10Privacy
Just pirate LTSB.

Use DWS (destroy windows spying) or also changes firewall rules and disables the 3rd party app installs

no, yes(ish) and yes. now go install enterprise and activate it using an open source KMS server emulator

the thing is, I simply don't care for the struggle with windows anymore. I just look at it from a technical point of view and laugh at the pajeets programming shit into the most widely adapted desktop OS.

Read this blast from the past and have yourself laugh
>technologyreview.com/s/401594/why-software-is-so-bad/#comments

>Microsoft released Windows XP on Oct. 25, 2001. That same day, in what may be a record, the company posted 18 ///megabytes/// of patches on its Web site: bug fixes, compatibility updates, and enhancements. Two patches fixed important security holes. Or rather, one of them did; the other patch didn’t work.
>18 ///megabytes///
Jesus

It is awesome, isn't it? How insenstive have we become?

Been using LTSB for about a year now, and it has been the best Windows OS experience I've had since the original W7 release. I play video games everyday, and do a moderate amount of programming. Have not experienced any issues so far.

Fun bloat fact: I just saved the page to my drive. There is one css file with a whoppin 427.6kb.
The whole weighs in at 2.4mb. All pictures? Not quite... Those add up to around 100kb

The world of the computer is a strange world.

he recently discovered ccmaker

Attached: chrome_2018-10-04_12-23-03.png (892x564, 65K)

It realy does seem like they have cartoon bosses who go
>Ah my new PC, what! wheres candy crush
>James! wheres candy crush?
>Youll have to install it sir
>Install it? get me development on the line
>dev, stop working on those bug fixes no one cares about. I want candy crush on all new installations of windows!