Tilingfags, do you ever get tired of fullscreening all your shit?

Tilingfags, do you ever get tired of fullscreening all your shit?
Lately I've started to feel uncomfortable without having a backdrop, I've actually been either floating my windows or having massive gaps, otherwise it just feels lonely and trapped on my desktop.
Am I fucking autistic or is this a common thing?
I've been using tiling WMs since like 2007 and never longer than 6 months at a time because of this

Attached: help helper hotline.jpg (1024x270, 47K)

No. I am fine without seeing a wallpaper.

I only tile my terminals

No

I can't do tiles for two reasons:
1. nothing with flowing text should ever be stretched fullscreen
2. my video player must be positioned at +0-0

>Tilingfags
>do you ever get tired of fullscreening all your shit?
Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

If you're tiling on a laptop (or memepad) then you're most likely fullscreening at least your browser
not everyone is a neet with a giant 4k screen user

I basically use full screen mostly due to the fact my 1600x900 display is low res.

Nice try moving the goalposts already. You clearly said
>do you ever get tired of fullscreening ___ALL___ your shit?
and now you're backpedaling to
>hurr durr your browser at least
>hurr u r a neet
Fuck off, subhuman.

can't you just use a tiling WM with gaps?

>Tilingfags, do you ever get tired of fullscreening all your shit?
no

I basically fullscreen everything even on the occasions that I use Windows, so no. Also you don't have to fullscreen everything, but I do it anyway, very rarely having more than one window per workspace (except for terminal windows, these I sometimes tile a lot because you often don't need to see a lot, rather you want to have a single command running and monitor the output, or something like that).

>if you have a nice display it means you don't have a job
get a load of this faggot

:3

Attached: Untitled.png (2560x1440, 3.61M)

tiling window managers don't mean that every window has to be fullscreen or maximised and it's silly to even suggest this, all a tiling window manager means is that windows are tiled like tiles on a wall that can't overlap each other as opposed to floating window managers like a stack of papers which are free to 'float' about and overlap each other
>Am I fucking autistic or is this a common thing?
it's pretty fucking autistic but there is a reason why things like i3-gaps exist and it's why some tiling window managers don't do completely automatic window management like i3 does, pic related is a tiling window manager (xmonad) and should fulfil what you want out of a desktop, bspwm is another tiling window manager that manages windows on a binary space partition but you can leave one part of the binary space empty, etc, there's hundreds of tiling window managers that allow you to have completely arbitrary gaps

which is funny because that functionality was lifted from tiling window managers

Attached: dc5ftwbqulh01.png (1600x900, 1M)

tiling is aesthetic.

What font is that?

>tiling: BAWWW MANAGING WINDOWS IS HARD I WISH I WAS USING DOS WHERE EVERYTHING FILLS THE SCREEN

Who are you quoting?

tilingfags. Are you new to Jow Forums? You shouldn't be posting if you're unfamiliar with how shit works.

>Not knowing the 'who are you quoting' meme.
You shouldn't be posting if you're this new.

Not him, but people with jobs don't waste money on 4k displays. Neets do waste their moms money though.

yeah you gotta leave space for jesus, it's a sin for windows to touch each other or the edge of the screen

i switched back because i missed cute window titles

Attached: 26c4601ad3bba5a44d0d9ebf6d73a262a511d596.jpg (698x768, 116K)

>Are you new to Jow Forums?
He says, while replying to the ancient "who are you quoting?" meme. The irony is almost palpable.

This. nothing like 4 SSH sessions next to each other, cracking shit and maintaining all day.

How do I get tiling on NT and XNU?

>not knowing what a tabbed layout is

I feel very sorry for you OP

you are autistic, seek help
I always run my apps full screen even before I used tiling wm

I have a job and a 4k display. Do I exist?