Apple isn't innovat---

>Apple isn't innovat---

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 3.38.39 AM.png (1844x798, 551K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=WKayUI0sppQ&t=171s
youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

dumb question, does that mean that there are pixels being rendered underneath too, but just not visible? or do you think they don't bother even illuminating them since its OLED

What?

>OP is not a fa-

iPhone is the only phone on market that is able to completely hide its chin because it curves the screen underneath the phone in order to attach a connector to the motherboard. Literally no other phone on market does this to Apple's quality.

asinine thread

>hide its chin

Attached: 1529954652749.jpg (762x623, 94K)

>bending the screen instead of making flexible cables
why apple are so dumb?

Flexible cable would mean chin bezel

>Flexible cable would mean chin bezel
ok ipoojeet shill

>chin
Literally who the fuck cares
>M-M-M-MUH NO BEZEL M-M-MUH ROUNDED EDGES
Seriously fuck off. Both are fucking cancer that no one wants and is a complete waste of time.
How about actually make a good phone?

Really reaching there eh fanboy?

Unironically this.
All they're accomplishing by removing bezels for "m-m-muh screen to body ratio" is making devices less comfortable to handle. While we're at it, they can fuck off with glass and aluminum backs too.

>be apple
>patent bend screens

The display needs some space around the outside for connects and some components, folding it over allows these components to be inline but behind.

>Apple was the first company shameless enough to patent folding over a sheet
can't blame them though, the US patent office is retarded.

>Literally who the fuck cares
Apparently everyone

Aren’t the glass backs to let signals pass trough and avoid “you’re holding it wrong”?

You know there are other materials that can accomplish this, right?

-ive.

>implying normies buy iphones for functionality instead of virtue signaling
as long as facebook, instagram and snapchat works they really don't care what they use as long as it's apple. well, some of my friends switched to android because of the notch but they're cs majors anyway.

I think carbon-fibre or glass-fibre reinforced polymer would work great. But you'd go through the moulds like nobody's business with apple's production speeds, since the fibres are so abrasive.

Even better, find a thermoset resin that cures to have a very similar refractive index to glass, and make the screen with that + glass fibres, so it's entirely transparent but almost bulletproof. Entirely transparent phone when.

>hide the chin
>cut off a portion of the top of the scren
such innovation

Carbon fiber would be great, yes. Leather or wood are also options.

Hell, even plastic can be made nice if done right. A matte plastic back that's dyed all the way through with a soft finish, then you've got something that feels nice to hold while being almost impossible to crack or shatter. Sure it scratches easier than harder materials, but when it's both matte and dyed all the way through you have to try really hard to see scratches from regular use.

It's bullshit how consumers have been memed into thinking that glass and aluminum are "premium" materials. They bloody well aren't, they're fragile garbage for a device you carry in your pocket. And then people end up covering that shit with a shitty cheap case anyway to "protect" their fragile ""premium"" shit.

Where is this from, I'm pretty sure I saw it in a concept video once. If this isn't official Apple footage, this thread is beyond stupid.

>completely hide its chin
BOG'D

>hide its chin
yeah, they did it by making all the other bezels giant too

I saw it in a mkbhd video for sure, didn't notice if there was a reference or it was an OC

I thought the connector was at the notch part, hence the notch.

You're not too bright, are you?

ing
true
apple isnt innovating

That would make a lot more sense though, Why didn't they just do it that way?

>Apparently everyone
I don't care. It seems only you do based on the reaction from this thread. Typical Mac toddler unable to do anything but but praise mommy Apple.

Attached: 1534877355252.jpg (700x734, 107K)

It isn't though. It's pretty pathetic actually, when Chinks are more innovative than yourself.

Attached: 1529442404776.webm (1920x1080, 470K)

Literally who gives a single fuck?

that better be fake, what a shitty design.

>do something presumably pretty tricky to reduce part of bezel nobody notices in the first place
>while adding a huge screen-obscuring notch in the place everyone will notice
thick differential

doesnt this reduce the durability and ease of repair?
it seems like the screen could have a lot more issues due to tension and replacing it seems like a difficult task.

>t. damage control

The XS Max survived 11ft drops onto concrete. At about 6ft onto asphalt it doesn't get any damage whatsoever.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=WKayUI0sppQ&t=171s

Best post
Thread/

DELET

>Entirely transparent phone when.
I don't know but I want one

For well over a grand, this isn't good enough.

chargegate is innovate?

Attached: face-towelguy.jpg (426x341, 34K)

Where do you think all the sensors they placed in the notch would go then?

What?

It probably looks like this irl. There's no reason for that bottom part to be that long, and there's no reason to keep those pixels turned on. They just wanted to make it look more "fancy" in the ad.

Attached: sketch-1538749122803.png (2174x1440, 1.33M)

It's real, but I can't imagine it will hold up to a few years of usage.

4 years from now Apple will copy it and you will rave about it.

Smartphones average lifetime it's 2 years of usage, on Apple products it's usually just a year unless you're poor

Why is Jow Forums so retarded? Seriously, this is like watching children argue about video game consoles.

To be honest Apple phones work fine for twice as long, just got the latest iOS on my 5s. From what I've seen, company iPhones get replaced every 2 years as a business expense, do so more often and you pay out of your own pocket. Getting a new phone every year is for posers regardless of OS.

this seems much more reasonable, how else would they illustrate the concept to normies that isn't through cgi to make you go "woahhhh that's real dude"

wasn't there a completely see-through phone concept video floating around a few years ago or something?
was nearly impossible to see what was displayed though

There have been plenty of concept images, just google iphone 6 and narrow your results to back when the iphone 5 had just came out.

there was a sony dumbphone with a transparent screen in like 2004 and its easily possible today but nobody wants to r&d that shit because they know it would suck

What is that even a picture of? What are you trying to say?

>i dont care

well no one cares about you faggot

A CHIN AHAHAHAHA
also the software on that is atrocious. if you are talking about meme devices, that is one heck of a meme device.

I want to lick and succ his gorgeous, shiny bald head while masturbating.
no homo tho

>mechanism fails
>contact Chink Inc. for repair
>haha stupid gweilo u buy new phone!

Fucking this. I do not have a single fucking clue what I'm looking at there. Is this somehow translucent? Which angle is it? Are those reflections? What the fuck is this?

No other phones do it because they can't. Apple apparently has a patent on this stupid shit.

What the hell is the "chin" of the phone

I read his post, I looked at OP's image and I still have no idea what he's talking about

There's only one phone in this picture that has the bottom bezel the same size as the side bezels.

Attached: 1516582689589.jpg (900x902, 144K)

lol @ the butthurt android cucks now saying "what's a chin" TOP KEK

after crying about bezels for years

not gonna lie you have to be autistic or a handlet to care about 1mm of plastic

>Jow Forums cries about iphone X bezels but

see
>1mm

is that the iCoffin? I want one

>plastic

that curve seems like a weak point tho

see

>mechanism fails
>cameras can't be used
literally an upside
>b-b-but muh selfies and instagram photos
if you need a camera in a phone, you're part of the problem, and you need to leave this instant

By your logic, the phone is shit for having a camera at all, dummy.

>lol dude just don't use the face scanner

it's the best that we can get right now, since nobody will venture to make a camera-less phone

>just use the botnet supreme and send all your facial data to xi jinping
yeah great idea

you know a camera is useful for more then being an Instagram whore right? 99% of the pictures on my phone are equipment serial numbers, shit i've broke, parts i need etc. being able to text the parts guy a picture of what i'm looking for saves me hours every single week

The only camera that would stop working would be the front facing camera. The back camera would be fine.

that depends on which phone you're talking about
the oppo in the gif has both motorized
the vivo nex whatever only has the front one motorized

It's literally from the video Apple's official YouTube channel published called "Introducing iPhone X"

No, the notch is full of the sensors (dot projector, IR cams) that make up Face ID, as well as the earpiece and the selfie cam.

>unbox therapy
>a motor on a phone
>oppo
no, dropped immediately

it does seem like something very likely to fail especially after being dropped. that blackberry with the sliding keyboard had huge repair rates

The bottom of the display is folded underneath to eliminate bottom bezel, aka "chin." No other companies have replicated this so far, be it because of how expensive it is to do in manufacturing, technical incapability, or the fact that Apple patented this practice.

>a motor on a phone
what is a vibration motor

Something I've always wondered with these notch phones

When you're watching content in landscape, does it cover up the content, or just throw up black bars either side of the video?

Obviously a completely different thing. More secure physically, and actually has practical uses.
But a motor that moves almost the entire top half of the phone hundreds of times a day seems almost destined to break.

>hundreds of times a day
you take selfies hundreds of times a day?

Depends entirely on the video, at least on iPhone. When you're watching a video on iPhone, you can pinch to zoom in (which fills the entire screen, cutting off the corners and the area where the notch lives) or reverse pinch to zoom out (shows the entire video with black bars on each side, although you do get a slightly smaller overall image because the video shrinks to fit it all onscreen.) Although if the video is not in 16:9 (the most common ratio) and is wider than average, the notch will cut into the image regardless of whether or not you zoom to fill or zoom out for the whole image.
So basically it's only a problem when you're watching 2:1 or other abnormally wide aspect ratio video. It's a problem for watching a show like Stranger Things.

I don't know how notched Android phones handle video, though, so I can't say.

The Oppo Find X has IR sensors, basically their own version of Face ID, embedded into the area next to the selfie cam. So the top half of the phone pops up for a split second every time you go to unlock your phone.
I unlock my phone I'd say about 100 times a day, yes.

notches are literally retarded and so is this no bezel meme.
Media's probably one of the most important things on a phone and you can't even enjoy your muh no bezels because the notch reduces your screen space anyway.

I'm not sure I'll ever understand the current smartphone meme. Hundreds of dollars for something most people just use for basic apps

Why doesn't Apple do anything innovative with their computers except for making them impossible to repair?

Attached: 1510027585330.jpg (313x400, 40K)

> replacement screen price: $300

Every phone in that image part of the screen chopped off, too.
Who the fuck cares about the bezel? Why don't they just put that larger bezel at the top so there's no notch?

dumb seeposter

Apple makes it extremely easy to repair computers. They make it so easy that brain dead hipsters can do it. The problem is it's easy for their employees to do, who have access to the part assemblies from China.
Keyboard or trackpad dead on a Macbook Pro? All you have to do is remove the top half of the chassis and replace it with a new one.
Screen broke on an iMac? Just remove the old screen and literally stick the new screen back on.
This makes it so repairs can be done quickly by people who have no idea what they're doing. Apple is extremely wealthy and can afford to take the cost hit.

Notches are fine. They only take up the bit of space in the notification bar which is empty like 90% of the time anyway, and they're typically small enough to ignore entirely during videos anyway. The vast majority of videos you watch are in 16:9 anyway, so the notch will be 100% invisible.
The notch allows companies to shove a giant screen into a smaller body, which is always functionally viable. The XS Max has a bigger display and a smaller footprint than the Note 9, because of the notch.
The notch basically disappears most of the time, and the few moments it's blocking something are exceedingly rare.
Also,
>Media's probably one of the most important things on a phone
Jesus Christ no.
youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0

>yeah you shouldn't use the face scanner because of botnet but you should still use the phone to browse social media, look at banking information and other stuff

can you fuck off out of this thread you gigantic brainlet. the oppo phone sucks ass

BLAGHLARBLUFLARBPBHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT