Why don't we have bionic arms that are wired directly into the nervous system?

Or do we?

Attached: cam04.RGB_color.jpg (3840x2148, 2.98M)

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencenordic.com/brain-controlled-prosthetic-arm-connected-nerves
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We do, but the wiring is one directional (no feeding into the nervous system) and most of the time non-intrusive

you don't know how to use a search engine, do ya?
sciencenordic.com/brain-controlled-prosthetic-arm-connected-nerves

For what purpose?

To jack off better

>strapping a botnet just about directly to your brain

I'd do it. Might make life more enjoyable.

Ah, I understand.

>get bionic arm
>"haha, dude I can lift 800lbs now"
>lift something
>torso collapses in on itself

Attached: fucked up CD.jpg (350x349, 40K)

Brainlet.

Explain why he's wrong.

Because transhumanism is trash.

We have ones that can sense touch and temperature though

Because we don't have wires that connect reliably into the nervous system. Or at least they're not ready for common use.
The state of the art seems to be reattaching the nerves to nearby muscles, which then twitch and "amplify" the signals to a point where it can be detected by simple sensors.

How is it trash to apply knowledge into a tool that helps you?

why don't you just make a dick thats wired into your nervous system for on-demand orgasms

shirow masamune pls go

You're not going to lift thing a slightest bit, it's not cartoon when you lift it and it collapses you under weight. You'll feel the force you're trying to do upon yourself from and stop pushing yourself to the ground.

I know a deaf guy who has had an operation to embed an audio input in his skull that directly stimulates his nerves, theoretically enabling him to hear when he connects his hearing aid to it. It was an experimental procedure, [spoiler] too bad it didn't work. He still has the audio jack on the back of his skull.[/spoiler]

Check Violet Evergarden.

>Or do we
Michael pls