/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Create a parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a guide for your socket

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose and graphics card pairing.
>Don't use Speccy. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.
>For Win7 in Ryzen, refer to pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1 (embed)

CPU
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>Wait for 9700k - Almost surely best for 1080p gaming
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than current GPUs. Just a marketing gimmick to rip off idiots
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others which have small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 for lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti, but awful value.
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>NVMe are not for gaming; See "More"

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous thread
More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: img_2721.jpg (725x500, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/
techspot.com/amp/review/1655-core-i7-8700k-vs-ryzen-7-2700x/page8.html
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/qMRCMZ
grammarly.com/blog/slash/?
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Daily reminder that you still could get an AMD mousepad from AMD Redteam Thailand (facebook).

Attached: redteam.jpg (679x960, 142K)

>4K
>Maybe 2080Ti, but awful value.
How is it awful value when it's the only gpu that can run 4k?

Any gpu can run 4k tbf.

>>Create a parts list
>pcpartpicker.com/
Doesn't have my parts. See pic related
Phew, building PCs became expensive. And it's still a barebone build with no storage.

Attached: rig.png (742x771, 124K)

I mean 60+ fps

Still most gpus can do that on minimum ;)

Your cpu cooler is too small, the NH-L12/NH-L14 would be better suited.
Getting a 2x8 kit will make you save a few euros. 2666MHz would be optimal.
Mobo seems Overkill but idk the Xeon series.
What do you want to do with it?

Attached: 70636553_p1_master1200.jpg (1200x848, 688K)

I think even an RX560 or 1050 can run CSGO at 4k 60fps.

>170 euro for a low end 1050Ti
Sounds massively overpriced.
Also a much larger SSD than you need. 400-450W is more than enough.
You also need dual channel memory.
Wait. This is a 4/8t, 1050ti, 8Gb slow RAM build for 1200 euro. The FUCK are you doing? Just memeing the shit out of yourself for the sake of "muh Xeon"? Get Ryzen if you want ECC support.

>Tfw you run out of ram and load from pagefile and get hard faults.
>i5 2500k @ 4.5 1.296 vcore
>8gb 1600mhz Ripjaws
>p8z68 v/gen3
>Evga gtx 670 2gb
>Windows 7
>Built in 2012
Should I upgrade my gpu and ram or just build a new rig?

At this point you might as well get a new build.
A new CPU means a new mobo and likely DRR4 ram.
You'll eventually want to upgrade your gpu to a 8**/9** series, or a 1060/rx580.

Here's an example of amd fags trying to be smart and can't admit 2080Ti is best value for 4k.

>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming

Kill yourself shill

Attached: 1538419587419.png (500x970, 49K)

I own nvidia though

>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming

Lmao it's worse than a fucking 8400 for gaming.
Delusional AMD retard in charge of advising pc builders to join his cult of subpar performance and broken promises. Embarrassing.

Attached: 15387347415970.png (1013x647, 405K)

The sentence says it's the better high end versatile cpu. Not the best gaming cpu.
But hey, you post this every single thread, might as well post that too.

Attached: getgraphimg.png (600x2106, 277K)

Dejeet this

Attached: 1489184687026.jpg (568x612, 66K)

not even the guy, but

Attached: clearly.jpg (1287x951, 244K)

>Your cpu cooler is too small,
The cooler adheres to standard footprint and is rated up to 95 W, so it fits very well for a 74 W CPU. I'm already running a Xeon with it.
>the NH-L12/NH-L14 would be better suited.
That monstrosity doesn't fit on the mainboard nor into the case.
>Getting a 2x8 kit will make you save a few euros. 2666MHz would be optimal.
Xeon doesn't care about memory overclocking. It accepts DDR4-2400 ECC memory, so that's what I use.
>Mobo seems Overkill but idk the Xeon series.
I'm upgrading from a Xeon.
>What do you want to do with it?
I want a reliable all-purpose workstation.
>170 euro for a low end 1050Ti
>Sounds massively overpriced.
Yeah, GPUs are overpriced, nothing you can do about it.
I need a proper card, because the CPU doesn't have iGPU, but I don't need to pay for a Quadro. 2 TFLOPs is good enough for the all-purpose use case.

Hey 280x i actually was looking at this case today but the thermals seem really bad

You're wasting your time trying to argue with a mentally ill amd fanatic.

Of course it's you, you're samefagging.
"/" Means that it it still high end gaming while fulfilling workstation purposes.
But hey you're a shill what can I expect.

What GPU can pair an Xeon W3680?

>Means that it it still high end gaming while fulfilling workstation purposes

The same can be said about 8700k, why not include it instead?

It's almost worth double for very little difference in performance in both contexts. You should be happy, the 9700k is in there.

>its that time of the year again when AMD shills take over the OP and erase Intel products despite a launch being near
(lol

Didn't work last year, even with shortages many people still bought the 8700k. The 9900k may be sparse and rarer than dodos today but it won't be eventually.

It does not though, it costs roughly the same. We're talking HIGH END here, are we not? Surely you wouldn't advice a sub par option for high end purpose to save a few dollars?

Its not best highend gaming period.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-06-23-21-00-380_com.opera.browser.png (1920x1080, 1.84M)

>Of course it's you, you're samefagging.
Imagine if you had to drop your impregnable mental defense and actually considered that you might be wrong at some point in your life.

>"/" Means that it it still high end gaming while fulfilling workstation purposes.
The "/" means it applies the attribute "best" to both things on either side of the "/" and what does it cover? The "high-end gaming" and "mixed usage"
Now what is mixed usage, productivity and gaming.
So essentially you say it's best in high end gaming AND gaming AND productivity. Essentially what that sentence means it's best at everything and it's not.

I told you, don't use single game benchmarks as your "proof" as it can easily be cherrypicking, that's exactly the kind of shit amd shills pull. Do NOT go to their level.
Provide a much bigger sample size and/or many game averages.

Sauce on this?

Yes it is

Attached: This will proove my right.png (650x350, 44K)

>7820x lower than 6700k
nani?

Ramesh, do they pay you at least a couple rupees or do you shill that sorry excuse for a cpu for free? How many cinebench runs do you average daily?

>1 game
>average frame instead of 0.1% minimums or even 1% minimums
read this Also this is less important but knowing what hardware was used for the builds is nice bit of info.

2600x = 230€ / 8600k = 340€
2700x = 330€ / 8700k = 530€
Here it's worth almost double. If you plan to overclock you can take the non X versions and save 50€ more on either versions
Why don't you make the thread? It's objectively a shit OP buy recommending the 2400G over the 2200G and to consider the 8400/2400G on sale only.

But muh 8400!

8700k = 530€

nope

techspot.com/amp/review/1655-core-i7-8700k-vs-ryzen-7-2700x/page8.html

Attached: 1440p_MIN.png (1324x1665, 101K)

530€ with shipping.

Attached: Screenshot_20181005-125415.png (480x854, 267K)

I think it's safe to keep in mind that prices vary based on where you live.

much better, though some people care more about 1080p some more about 1440p so I would post both. What I do find wrong though is that the percentage difference is derived from "Average FPS" instead of 0.1% or 1% FPS.

Attached: 1080p_AVG.png (1324x1665, 101K)

Can i get some advice

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/qMRCMZ

Gaming pc

> high end gaymen
> on anything but 1440p
Nigga kys.
Check the article. 1% is very similar.

Why liquid over air cooler?
If you plan to overclock your CPU how much research did you do into your motherboard choice?
Why 1TB instead of 2-3 or even 4TB harddrive, the extra TB cost far less the bigger you go.
The powersupply, seasonic focus 750W gold would be cheaper and higher quality
There is cheaper SSDs out there.
Why that specific case?
Why that specific brand for your GPU?

High end gaming usually means high refresh gaming. If you mean high resolution gaming, then you are comparing GPUs not CPUs, usually.
>Nigga kys.
Am I supposed to take you seriously now, you realize you are waving a giant flag to let people know you are an emotionally charged snowflake rather that objective minded individual.
>Check the article. 1% is very similar.
Sure, I'm saying 0.1% and 1% FPS is superior as a metric. With Frametimes and frametime graphs being the ulitmate in detail performance metric.

It's not a matter of "hurr why would you be gaming on 1080p with a 1080ti and 8700k" its a matter of finding the limits of a CPU to get an idea of how it will perform in the future as hardware improves
1440p is only around twice the graphical load of 1080p, if the 2700K is already bottlenecking titles in 1080p on a 1080ti, it will bottleneck those same titles on a GPU that's twice as fast at 1440p.

The only esports game where Intel is substantially better in 1080p on this list is StarCraft 2.
Surely a sizeable selling point right here.

Attached: SC2.png (1314x1192, 52K)

Asrock x470 master sli or asus b450-f?

Rx580 build btw

So basically you're being retarded on purpose then?

You keep posting this in every thread despite being called out on it in every thread.

Why are you cropping out the context? Other than to be manipulative.

>Why are you cropping out the context? Other than to be manipulative.
Which context would that be exactly?

Do you overclock?
If yes the ASRock is better. If not the Asus is fine. If you don't need iWiFi, the MSI Mortar seems more suited.

Do you not know what a slash is?
>best gaming/mixed usage
>on a non-HEDT platform.
If you can't understand that - which the vast majority of people don't and just you and that dumb shitposting troll are apparently the only two who don't - then you need to revisit elementary English lessons if you ever visited them to begin with.

>If you can't understand that - which the vast majority of people don't
So you admit that vast majority of people will look at that and agree with me. But instead agreeing with me you say "everybody is retarded, including you"

Oh wait
>If you can't understand that
>which the vast majority of people don't
>just you and that dumb shitposting troll are apparently the only two who don't
You can't even use the words do/don't correctly yet tell me to form a coherent sentence.
>then you need to revisit elementary English lessons if you ever visited them to begin with.
the irony.

>best gaming/mixed usage

It mean its the best CPU if you want highend gaming OR mixed used that include productivity, multitasking AND gaming. Basically you mean it's the best at everything which is false and especially the part about highend gaming. It's not even the best bang for your bucks at gaming. Kys you manipulative shill.

It means it's the most versatile you absolute knobhead.
The best if you use both, if you're gayming only a 8600(k)/2600(x) is your best choise.
Oops, did I use a slash? Do I need to explain further?

Yeah explain when you say 8600k/2600 you mean 8600k OR 2600 but in the OP idk what the fuck you mean with the slash.

So what? I had a Freudian slip there. Doesn't change that the grammar in the OP is correct.
That's what you call a strawman. You're trying to distract from the point, that you're objectively wrong on, by attacking some other unrelated bullshit.

/ stands for "and/or".

Just admit you want to shill AMD cpu for whatever the usage while you purposely put Intel CPU in the lowend (together with the shitty APU) and 1080p even though the 8700k is the best at any resolution.

AndANDORor? no it means and OR or

>make a point about it's correct you just don't understand English
to quote
>then you need to revisit elementary English lessons if you ever visited them to begin with.
When pointed out that you make mistakes yourself you suddenly go
>it doesn't matter, so what, you are just trying to distract from me being right!
Do I have to bring up the dictionary, maybe some language rules? What about a poll on what "/" means, 100 random English professors or 200 random people off the street?

Intel shilling is at an all time high right now, I wonder if it's got to do with their poor business in last few months.

I'm about to get a 1080ti for 550€ or less, but it has been used at least for 3 motnhs for mining. It stall has one year left of guarantee
It's an armor msi model, so I guess I should get it for 450€ as much.
What do you think about that?

I probably won't overclock, how's the tomahawk? Is there another alternative in the mortars price range? It seems to be scarce in my country to get one.

Myriam Webster
Slash:
4 : a mark / used typically to denote "or" (as in and/or), "and or" (as in straggler/deserter), or "per" (as in feet/second)
— called also diagonal, slant, solidus, virgule

Can't believe I have to do that. Consider suicide.

No. It's an objective accessment.
2700X is the best all around CPU on a non-HEDT platform.
It loses slightly to (a much more expensive CPU) in gaming, but is better in most everything else. That's what the OP says.

I admitted I made a mistake. Now you're going on about it desperately while ignoring the original argument.
You reek of desperation, among other things.

Probably more to do with buyers remorse and just general trolling.

>It's an armor msi model
yeesh, that's like the worst possible 1080ti

I7 8700k - Best high end gaming
R7 2700x - Best mixed usage

How is this so hard for you to comprehend?

>I admitted I made a mistake. Now you're going on about it desperately while ignoring the original argument.
You made a mistake while literally at the same time talking down somebody else about their ability to use English language.
This isn't "well everybody makes typos" this is you literally being hypocritical in the same post. I am not letting this go not because you "made a mistake" but because you made a mistake that in the very same post you tried to mock somebody else for.
Do you understand how that's illogical/irrational behavior? Probably not.

Because to an AMD shill/fanboy AMD needs to be the best at everything.
I imagine the same people would be outraged and disgusted if intel shills pushed 8400 for productivity tasks or some shit.

That mobo can do 5.1 on 8700K just fine. 860 EVO is a great SSD, not the cheapest, but the best sata out there. H500 is a good case too

Take a hold of this guy.

well, a 1080ti is still a 1080ti I guess. It's being selled by a local dude, so I can check temps and I guess I will change thermal pads and thermal compound, and maybe the cooler itself, I've seen some of these old x290 triple cooler being sold on eBay for 30€.

>That mobo can do 5.1 on 8700K just fine
At what voltage.
>860 EVO is a great SSD, not the cheapest, but the best sata out there.
Best in what regard. What are you actually paying extra for.
>H500 is a good case too
Good for what, temps, noise, looks, part size fit...?

Different GPU models almost never have compatible coolers
Even other 290Xs aren't necessarily compatible due to custom board designs.

Good build, nothing to complain about except maybe mobo. The z370 strix line up has meh VRM section especially for the money. Either go full gucci and buy rog maximus x, or go for Asrock options, extreme4/gaming k6.

Liquid seems good idk, they wouldnt be popular if they were shit
The mobo seems good from what i can see
1tb because ill put it on my ssd and i dont need that much stuff
Focus 750 is a dollar more
860 seems good
That case gets good reviews and looks nice
That gpu idk strix seems good

>Case
All of those
>Ssd
It gets barely beat at write speed by mx500, while beating it in reads and shitting on it in tbw. Nothing beats both it's speed and tbw.
>Cpu

Also forgot to mention Strix has a very good cooler. Gaming X and EVGA's might outclass it slightly but it's definetely not a bad shroud

Damn i thought strix was meant to be the best with that sort of stuff.

> ASUCC
> best in anything
Boy...

How hard is gaming/mixed for you to understand?
"Mixed" doesn't include "gaming" to a lot of people.
Why are you so offended by the very clear and descriptive English?

>winning an argument without insulting
You belong to better places Gentleman user.

Post your favorite maker then. But I'm sure it will be shit anyway.

>You made a mistake while literally at the same time talking down somebody else about their ability to use English language.
That I miswrote some English doesn't change the fact that you/they can't read the clear English written in the OP.
That's not an argument. That's a fallacy, as has been pointed out already.

>shill/fanboy
>not an insult
>didn't win any argument.
Must be samefag.
82 posts, 25 posters. I haven't seen a ratio this bad in a long time.

Anything but ASUS and Gigabyte.
But as the other user said, going full Gucci with any brand is not taking much risks.
Yes a samefag, also the same fag who started by kys and retard.

>Liquid seems good idk, they wouldnt be popular if they were shit
Don't get something because it's popular, get it because it will serve you better.
>The mobo seems good from what i can see
What were your criteria?
>1tb because ill put it on my ssd and i dont need that much stuff
at the very least look at 2 and 3 TB options and prices. You will thank me in 4 years.
>Focus 750 is a dollar more
focus 750 at what efficiency
>860 seems good
Why not a cheaper option for instance?
>That case gets good reviews and looks nice
Did you look into alternatives, because you might find something better for you.
>That gpu idk strix seems good
For the love of god, please look into different brand GPUS and how their phase, heatsink, fan solutions perform for the said card.

>It gets barely beat at write speed by mx500, while beating it in reads and shitting on it in tbw. Nothing beats both it's speed and tbw.
I hope you are talking about random reads and whats the price difference.
>1.328
Is that under a stress test and all core load?

>Also forgot to mention Strix has a very good cooler. Gaming X and EVGA's might outclass it slightly but it's definetely not a bad shroud
It's not just the cooler, phases, mosfet components dictate a lot of how much head you will be producing. The heatsink and termal pads will dictate how much head from those you will pull out and the fans will dictate how well you dissipate it from the headsink and how loud.

>That I miswrote some English doesn't change the fact that you/they can't read the clear English written in the OP.
You didn't address my >Do I have to bring up the dictionary, maybe some language rules? What about a poll on what "/" means, 100 random English professors or 200 random people off the street?
As I see it right now I don't think you will concede under any circumstance or fact that is brought up to you.
Also you didn't address this user either

Dictionary guy here, this was aimed at the intel guy who couldn't understand the meaning of a slash mark. I don't know what's your point here. Everyone knows in km/h the / means kilometer per hour, that in making two mutually exclusive propositions the / means or, and in making two mutually inclusive propositions the / means and/or(and yes here it means and OR or). It depends on context and in the op it's quite clear.

>install windows 10
>Windows Defender automatically deletes all the games and program cracks from the pc
Fuck my life

> activating defender
Broski.

Is bringing English professors into this some sort of distantly moved goalposts because you won't accept grammarly.com/blog/slash/?
Is also correct, as the above backs up.

As I gathered the AMD dude was the guy who couldn't understand why

High-end gaming(usually high refresh gaming) AND OR mixed usage(gaming, productivity)

Honestly, all of this has been covered already

whats the solution to these reddit faggots and their compact thermal nightmare meme cases?

Is this writing long winded shit some strategy to disguise how wrong you are?
Looks like an average
>imverysmart
reddit post that's actually complete bullshit.

It's pretty clear that the OP usage of slash is the latin "cum", or "combined with", or as an inclusive "or". As in "gaming combined with mixed usage".

This is literally shit you learn in 4th or 5th grade.

The fuck are you even saying now?

Attached: firefox_2018-10-05_09-27-01.png (987x691, 76K)

>The fuck are you even saying now?
How about you actually read the posts instead of spitting out as much posts as possible and bringing up points that have been addressed approximately 30-50 posts ago

So I bought a R5 2600 and at stock it maxes out at 3.74ghz. Is this normal? It's advertised for 3.9ghz stock.

with AMD it is

No it's not.

Did you buy 128phase mobo? Without that its impossible to go higher than 3.8

I have MSI x470 gaming plus. It's not even going higher than 3.74.