What's a good VPN service? Should I just set up a box at my dad's for when I want my xfinitywifi to be encrypted?

What's a good VPN service? Should I just set up a box at my dad's for when I want my xfinitywifi to be encrypted?

Attached: VPN-Icon.png (1200x1229, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-comparison-chart/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nordvpn lel.

This post is brought to you by NordVPN! NordVPN masks your IP address by bouncing it through a no-logging server of your choice! NordVPN has unlimited bandwidth, allows up to 6 simultaneous connections, and has over 4000 servers across 62 countries! Go to NordVPN.com/4CHANG or use coupon code 4CHANG at checkout to get 77% off. Again, that's NordVPN.com/4CHANG or use coupon code 4CHANG at checkout to get 77% off!

Attached: 1535457929194.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

No.

>No
Le pia shill. lel.

epic answer my dude! Im sure this copypasta will be funny the 30th time its reposted as a response to someones question.

HA, EPIC. man im so glad I'm a Jow Forums user! Those plebs can't figure anything out. Not like us REAL computer enthusiasts!

AirVPN or Perfect Privacy.

These are the only viable options. Ignore the NordVPN shills who open a topic every day.

ExpressVPN

Mullvad is the non-meme answer

The best ones are the ones that hiro hasn't banned.

How are those better than Nord?

Nord is based in Lithuania.

Also in a mining partnership with Hola

Mullvad supports WireGuard which is way better than IPsec and OpenVPN

Nord is a fucking scam

So is null bad, and pia.

How so? Do they jack up the price?

Cyberghost looks Nice desu

Based in Lithuania

How is that a scam?
Isn't it Panama?

Brainlet here. Why is Nord bad? Can soemone give me an objective answer rather than autistic screeching. It lets me shitpost on Jow Forums thanks to its dedicated servers. Mullvad and others I tried wouldn't. I have used it for 3 months and have being paying monthly instead of longterm so I can ditch it for something better if I can. I just want a service that I can use on my pc and phone so I can occasionally torrent and share illegal memes without Big Brother snooping on me.

Attached: 4chan_far_left_LOL.jpg (750x600, 72K)

You can get a lifetime subscriptiom to Ivacy VPN for $30 from gdgt .com

It's advertised by popular youtubers and popularity is seen as a negative by these contrarian kids.

>In Panama
So are most three letter agency servers.
Coincidence?

what VPN to use in china when travelling on business?

Attached: .jpg (1024x440, 49K)

Is it less private than using my Comcast connection without a VPN? That's all I need.

"""business""

Check recent results. You'll need one that get past Chinese deep packet inspection.
Golden Frog was once able to, but I'm not sure if it still can.
You're better off rolling your own VPN and SSH, TLS into

There's only three things wrong with it:
>nobody knows who owns it, there is no transparency so it could be anyone from NSA to Bulgarian mafia
>it's shilled on popular jewtube channels and internet magazines
>the app is shit, but you don't have to use the app and just connect to the servers through openvpn
That's it. Everything else is pure FUD.

meeting suppliers in Shenzhen

Me in CH now. Use Microsoft VPS products.

Attached: 1538332964736.jpg (720x480, 38K)

Tier 1: Mullvad, IVPN, OVPN
Tier 2: AirVPN, Perfect Privacy, AzireVPN

All others should be avoided.

logs
tesonet
logs

I'm on AirVPN till 2018. But considering Mullvad.

Why is the former 2nd tier and the latter 1st? Can you elaborate?

Only difference I'd spot is that AirVPN is in a number of eyes i do not remember jurisdiction (like 7 eyes, or 15, but not in the 5 eyes) and Mullvad is not. Plus mullvad allows more payments comprehending cash and cryptovalues.

Furthermore Mullvad does not require email.

what like build a VPN on Azure?

>Null bad is not
Joke?

>another nordvpn shill thread
Sage, report and hide.

Nordvpn doesn't have shills just an enthusiastic fan base.
And even if they had the funds to pay shills they still wouldn't waste the resources on some unknown loonix desktop ricing board on a Chinese cartoon website.

YES.

Mullvad = Sweden
Use at your own risk.

The OP says nothing about Nord and is asking about rolling my own.

AirVPN is Italy tho.. Not much of a difference

Fuck off Linus

this

I hear if they catch you doing illegal things on thier VPN they send a gang of African migrant trannies to rape you to teach you a lesson about being a bad, bad white man.

PIA seems to be the most reputable one I've come across. The other big meme ones like Nord have been in the news for shitty behavior or exposing user data which makes them totally pointless snakeoil.

last i checked, airvpn doesn't have ipv6 leak protection, which keeps them out of tier 1.
that means nothing.

And then someone comes and suggests that shit, same tactic in every fucking thread.

>that means nothing.
>sweden
It means a lot.

elaborate

thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-comparison-chart/

OP here, please stop assuming I intend to use this for illegal activity. I just don't like broadcasting all my traffic to the nerd next door.

Which youtuber deserves a cut of my NordVPN subscription?

no, retard, it means absolutely nothing. the five eyes are what you should worry about, along with china, russia, india, etc. sweden has some of the best internet privacy laws in the west.

It keeps logs? Fuck I'm gonna delete that shit asap

>sweden has some of the best internet privacy laws in the west.
Sweden literally has/will fine, and/or arrests people who say awful things online.
Mullvad is probably just a honeypot for the Swedish government.

Mullvad + Wireguard

There's basically no good free VPN?

Sweden can't extradite me from the U.S. and I'm not a bigot anyway.

Some, but they get blocked once shared.
Best vpn service. Here's a hint.
No eyes, non Chinese, non Na, non central , non euro, $40 a year. Also works in China.

>Sweden can't extradite me from the U.S. and I'm not a bigot anyway.
Just stay away from foreign flights then, and you'll be fine. It would be a shame if Interpol pulls you from a plane over something you had said in jest online.
Same for any friend, or family that is linked to you.

I like visiting Europe because (((you))) are not there :-)

>I like visiting Europe because (((you))) are not there :-)
Which part?

You must really liked getting robbed, and raped by niggers, and gypsies.

nordvpn

>Sweden literally has/will fine, and/or arrests people who say awful things online.
doesn't matter.we are talking about vpns, not individuals. sweden is a good option to incorporate as a vpn provider, although it's not the best.

Hi Jow Forums, I'm relatively new to all this stuff. What's the point of using a VPN if there's Tor?

No it's not.Swedush people, and Swedish businesses are cucked. Avoid them at all cost especially if you need a service such as a vpn.

Someone posted something about it on here a while back. They said their IP got leaked or some shit when using it

based

>Should I use triple the consumer ISP bandwidth?

VPN is for brainlets who can't setup openvpn or afford a vps.

The idea of a VPN, as used for privacy at least, is that you share the same IP address with many people and the provider doesn't keep logs. That way you gain security through obscurity. If you're using your own VPS then your hosting provider will have record of your IP address and who you are from your billing, which is particularly bad when you're the only one using it.

>using a VPS
might as well hand over your hard drive to some random guy on the street

All my hard drives are encrypted. The wifi I use gratis (to me) isn't, which is why I like to have a VPN.

True but some people only want a VPN for browsing on public wifi networks. TOR is what you want to use for privacy and it's free.

HEY EVERYONE I'M USING TOR KEEP YOUR EYEBALLS ON ME UNTIL I INEVITABLY SLIP UP

>tfw use tor as a glorified private mode browser
I can't be alone in thinking that for muh-deep-webz tor is basically newfag bait and actual backwater dealers use something else at this point

tor really is too good to be true, which makes it sound like newfag bait. it's incredible and more relevant than ever.

ExpressVPN is great, I use it for downloaded large amounts of data.
It lets me set my exit node to wherever I want.
I've been using it for 4 years and its excellent, its the fastest out there

great, guess I'll keep using it then.

Just because I lock my front door doesn't mean I'm masturbating, FBI, get off my case.

One shekel has been deposited into your account.

>Security
Get a VPS and install loonix on it and set up VPN on your own. You will get 1 static IP. VPNs sell static IPs for $100.
>Anonymity
Get any VPN provider or use Tor.

Attached: 2432.png (272x259, 60K)

tails is a really good one i believe

I have no need for a static IP. My dot com and a cron job get it done. I'm not doing anything shady. I just want an encrypted connection between my router and the neighbor's xfinitywifi I'm accessing with my parents' credentials instead of paying $71.95 each month for my own.

>I just want an encrypted connection between my router and the neighbor's xfinitywif
a VPN will du literally 0 for you, retard

Stop and take a minute to think it through again.

>I have no need for a static IP
Tor.

Just discovered that you can make a free trial of 3 hours with Mullvad just by creating an account. I am testing it right now. Client can't be even dragged through the screen lol. But seems very intuitive and working.

I think that AirVPN's one has more protocols cusotmizazion if you need it, and the servers are displayed in a better way. Which even displays latency.

Attached: (0)_g_-_What's_a_good_VPN_service_Should_I_just_2018-10-06_11-16-25_1214x804.jpg (1214x804, 408K)

I've gotta say too, that if youa re a premium user you can see on AirVPN which user had used the vpn the most, used most data, and when.

I think you can chose not to appear into these kinda statistics, but this means that they can possibly still track how much you use it, what you do and stuff. Not sure how much you should trust Air.. VPNs are a complicated topic. Its hard to find the best one.
Looking forward to someones opinion about this.

AirVPN says, on the top performers page:
"Data collected from current sessions in real-time, that we inevitably known. No history is kept, no data-retention is performed.
By default users nicknames are obscured, optionally the account holder can force them to be displayed."

Express VPN is easily available online thanks to pirates. It's making me wondering if this isn't a sort of marketing way to gain a larger userbase who will be shilling the VPN.

Any good VPNs with adblock included?

What would be the point?

The point would be you not asking questions.

I'm currently in agreement but curious. I've been using PIA for a couple years and I've had no issues. Are they garbage now and I didn't notice?

These threads are such shit.

What we need is a site that can keep track of WTF is wrong with each one, links to evidence that they're not as private as they say, etc.

Jow Forums is just rumor mostly.

an adversary could sit there and log that bandwidth along with timestamps. airvpn is making the job easier for potential adversaries.

adblock hasn't been relevant in years. use ublock origin.

pia is fine. not the best though.