At work we have a pool table, it's busy most of the time and it's about 50 meters away from me

At work we have a pool table, it's busy most of the time and it's about 50 meters away from me.

I hate going there and finding someone is playing already.

So I'd like to set up a system where I can know from my desk if someone is playing. It could be a webcam or some sort of motion detection system that can connect via WiFi or something that works for distances that are 50 meters.

Ideally, it would work with a battery, but this is optional.

Ideas?

Attached: paba.jpg (670x448, 258K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/petervojtek/diy/wiki/Arduino-with-Very-Low-Power-Consumption
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

get off your seat and move your fat ass to the pool table
OR
get some friend at your work, take a break together and play pool
you autismo lord

Strap a movement sensor under the table. Impacts on the balls will shake the table.

>So I'd like to set up a system where I can know from my desk if someone is playing.
Place post it note on pool table.
>Please let that fat smelly faggot who sits 50 meters away from the pool table know that you are playing pool.
>Thanks -fat smelly faggot 50 meters away

MEMS accelerometer measuring only horizontal movement, low power Arduino, then another one on your desk with a receiver and led.

github.com/petervojtek/diy/wiki/Arduino-with-Very-Low-Power-Consumption

Shout out to the pool area "any of you faggots using the pool table"?
Low tech works sometimes.

user, we need to talk about your behavior lately...

Attached: 527A591D743341358249524AA2F87DCD.jpg (640x640, 35K)

I thought you said a poof table for a minute. I was thinking it's awfully weird to give poofs a whole table, just kick them out.

Get the lib that tags everything it sees. Don't remember the name but it draws rectangles around objects and tag them like: people, bike, bus, tv etc ... You could that and if it sees "people" on the webcam feed then it changes a variable in its angular/ajax/whatever web interface.

Good luck running this on a battery for extended periods of time.

I don't give a shit about your battery problem lad. If you want a device that can detect if someone is playing pool (and not just passing by the table) and send it to your computer (good luck finding a 50 meters protocol other than your local network) you will need a power socket.

God you retards don't think.

OP, but one of those motion detection light bulbs. Keep the room dark. If they're in there, it will light up, they need light to play.

If you want to be super 1337 you can go get a birthday card and connect the speaker to it and beep and play birthday music too.

If you want to be really smart, just keep the light off in the room and then put a lock on the switch digitally or with a lock. They will request light.

Get a fucking wireless surveillance camera you fucking mongoloid. Not everything needs to be Mr robot loonix tier bullshit.
Shit exists, and it's cheap. Buy one set it up, and now your fantasy can watch the pool table.

>you will need a power socket
I would fire you if I was your boss. There are other solutions that meet OPs criteria already posted.

Attached: 15035865.jpg (300x300, 17K)

Autism at his finest.

Arduino with a IR motion detector and wireless communication? I think that'd be pretty low power too.

Yeah but guess what, i'm not paid nor I get stackoverflow onions points for this shit so don't expect me to think too hard

You gave enough shits to say it was impossible and too reply.

Attached: 1500395227568.jpg (566x562, 46K)

>So I'd like to set up a system where I can know from my desk if someone is playing.

remove all balls and put them in your desk.

openly declare yourself LORD OF THE BALLS and that you issue balls upon reasonable request.

you are now woke

Attached: Anna's feet.jpg (720x1280, 33K)

>LORD OF THE BALLS

Attached: elonmuskjoeroganblunt1536341297640x428.jpg (640x428, 54K)

greatest answer
based and redpilled

problem solved
thread closed