Is this the ultimate sóyboy scam? every num-male i know have one

Is this the ultimate sóyboy scam? every num-male i know have one.

Attached: 2.png (320x320, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/boards-kits/nuc/kits.html
intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/boards-kits/nuc/mini-pcs.html
hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm gay btw

yes. I have one and i never use it. Everybody I know that has one never uses it.

Anybody got any links for any cool projects I can use it for?

pihole

No, you are just too stupid to either figure out how to benefit one, or bought something without knowing anything about it.

Dingleberry Poo

this
I have a Pihole, samba server and rtorrent running on mine

This.

Buy another one or two and practice cluster computing on them.

>the ultimate sóyboy scam
It costs like $30 and does exactly what is promised. How exactly is it a scam?

let me guess, you have an iphone, or an ipad, or something from apple

too expensive

Attached: wantTHIS.jpg (1416x1424, 464K)

>regulate weed growing
>regulate moonshining
>make drug and booze smuggling subs
>make drug and booze smuggling drones (just to get it over the border)
there is no limits

memes aside linux embedded just keeps growing in anything factory/production related just go and see how many open positions there are for that just in germany. you can land your self a good job for that these days if you got an engineering degree

I have three of these fuckers, two are in use and currently I'm just setting one up for a birthday gift, as simple as a console emulator (c64,nes,snes,sega...]). I guess that one doesn't count but I am going to need a new one. Wish I had more time for this shit really, think next project is an ai based drone or "radio" car

Attached: 1538715893584.jpg (645x320, 47K)

i use one, it runs spotify and a web server, you connect to the web server and can queue up songs to play from spotify (spotify internally runs its own server you can use as an API) then it syncs LED lights to the song using some other bullshit library that I can't remember (it captures audio being output and can give you the fourier transform of that signal, which is used to detect the beats).

All using C#.

Just because you don't have a use for it doesn't make it a scam. Don't fucking buy one if you don't need it.

Kill yourself retarded /v/tard

most retarded meme I've heard all day
Yeah it's kind of a scam but if you buy it with a specific use case in mind it can be a decent solution
It's called a firewall, proxy or dns server but certainly not a 'pihole' you stupid zoomers

Attached: 1526745685852.png (900x729, 129K)

Yes it is OP. Editing my copypasta a bit:

WTF is up with pifags? You could have just bought anything with a specific purpose. There's almost nothing that hasn't already been made.

Its like you guys like to do everything as inefficiently as possible, downloading this-does-everything-but-shittily software instead of getting a real device or using a netbook you already have instead of falling for more jewish tricks to buy more hardware you will never use.

You are like arduinofags but use heavier software, have to add an SD card to you 'real computer' and waste more money on crappy hardware and software when superior versions exist that even cost less.

ESP8266 is all I need to deauth wifi and control my lights. If you are using a pi, chances are that your solution is inferior to a cheaper and better running solution. With the amount of old parts you guys still have left, 99% of people who buy this are retards who will just have it collect dust.

PSP > Pi for gaming and cheaper
Sansa clip > Pi for music
Netbook > Pi for portable computing

And they're all cheaper. The only thing its good for is removing ME, but I'm almost even an arduino can do that.

you can do everything, just shittier
>Expecting to control a sub/drone with wifi, thinking these subs/drones don't already exist.
>not knowing the superior ESP8266/arduino can do all that shit already, and have faster I/O
>didn't fall for the PSP meme

never gonna make it. You were probably the same fag with the other thread

My uni just gave me a bunch of these to develop a project with. They're actually pretty cool.

Fuck off retard, it's easier to work with a Linux stack. If you're gonna develop something for personal use you better have a well supported and documented software stack.

>too stupid to download projects off github
>afraid of embedded firmware devices

>Fuck off retard, it's easier to work with a Linux stack.
>easier to work with a Linux stack.
>retard
>retard

nice job, you displayed a picture or checked the temp from a power hungry device. so smart

piHole
Mumble server
TV Box

> cheaper
accept the fact that sometimes people just like faffing about with stuff, regardless if the solution they implement is better/cheaper than the alternatives.

>raspi
>beeing a scam

>making the product responsible when its really the idiots that make wrong buying decisionns

really wonder whats going on in your head

>Blaming the tool for your lack of vision
Pathetic

the software is called pihole
what's so bad about calling something by its name

>scam
naw, the prices are incredibly low and the manufacturer is a nonprofit, if you want an actual scam go look at some of the x86 SoCs intel was pushing a while back

doing a self-hosting server with that shit teach me a lot
too bad for you that you bought it without thinking of a use case

Attached: 8dfc2b9b9891ad3b61cfbe294e835313e6c24db3512b839cd7875ba776300df5.png (1219x1480, 848K)

>not using the spare computers you already had

>jewed and cuckpilled

Not everyone is a hoarder

I wonder what percentage of Raspberry Pi's just sit in a drawer one month after purchasing it.

>make pi a hidden public server
>get into some public wifi
>have your own vpn
>have a physical layer of security

>add some sensors to your pi
>add remite control for camera or microphone
>have your own personal alarm system for whatever purpose

>decode 433 mhz signals or open wifis while wardriving

>Knowing hardware stuff is "basedboy"
>The absolute state of Jow Forums

Git gud, OP.

Hahaha, "basedboy" is now "basedboy"?

What you've got are three use cases that have already have dedicated devices devoted to it way before the pi was ever conceived. Think of better examples. Otherwise, you're the retard here.

newfag

It's a low profile 5V debian machine with GPIO pins. The 10 dollar ones are alright for screwing with people; I set one up to spam deauth frames at my neighbor's wireless cameras so I could take a shit on his porch. If you want to buy their model 3s, just get a beaglebone since it has on-board emmc and more gpio pins.

>hidden server
wow you spend $30 for downloading sick pedo stuff until they discover it at starbucks. nice job

>buying a camera without remote/mic, or adding $30 to give it remove and mic

>wow you didn't get a superior SDR

>too dumb to buy old laptop for less than $30

>start with "spare computer you have lying around"
>move goalpost to "buying old laptops"
Also, nice of you to ignore the alarm system stuff and just focus on the "camera" part.

Why would I want to buy a laptop? The pi has GPIO pins.

>still defends buying weaker $35 board with no storage, screen, or input
>i don't hoard keyboards, screens or sd cards either

imagine being this cucked

Imagine being this retarded.
What the fuck do you think is easier to replace? A peripheral or the center of a system? Do you think I am more likely to have an extra PC than I am an extra mice/keyboard or two? Besides, why the fuck would I want to use a laptop that has, at the lowest, a 45 W power supply when a pi can run off of a smartphone charger? There are many headless use cases for a pi. Once I get a pi up an running, I don't need the display anymore. Maybe I could use my TV or find that old 768p monitor I used back then for a few hours but I don't need it once the unit operational.

Why would you buy a Pi? A BeagleBone has two 46-pin headers.

this.

it's a $35 cheap, small computer, it's obviously not powerful at all but if you have any type of repetitive small functions, or any imagination to do something not normal with it, it's on you.

need a seedbox? check, pihole will cover it.
need a media center/plex? this will handle a few users.
a small or non important NAS/backup server (because of the usb/Ethernet bus limitations, obviously not good if you need 1gbps write speeds 24/7)
a general server for stuff like ngnix, Apache, git server, sonarr/radarr, hosting irc bouncer/teamspeak server.
pihole
or if you REALLY can't fucking find anything else to do with it, slap retropie on it, buy 4 controllers & a case, and now you have a dedicated portable emulation machine going up to ps1, ideally for n64.

I run pihole, nginx w/ php fpm/cgi, nodejs servers, radarr/sonarr, and have a 4tb usb external hard drive for backup and media storage, that I also stream from using just ssh/sftp over VLC. it's obviously not powerful, so it's not like I'm running a website for 10,000 people with pihole for 20 devices and constantly downloading media/streaming it for another 10 people, but with those it's currently at 100mb ram, and isn't going over 30% cpu usage. I'm the only one who uses it for streaming/backup, I have about 12 devices for pihole but it's really only Max 3 or so devices simultaneously, and not heavy usage. sonarr/radarr only come out of idle every 15min, and the nginx shit is just for localhost testing. regardless all of this is on here so I don't have to keep my main computer on 24/7, like sonarr grabbed the man in the high Castle season 3 yesterday when I totally forgot about it. make your life easier, automate some stuff, on a device that uses very little electricity that you can run 24/7, and if it breaks, it's $35 that isn't a big deal and is easily replaceable.

Attached: Screenshot_Telegram_20181005-123554.jpg (1146x1856, 500K)

>imagine being this cucked

is this your house? you don't have room for a laptop and can't figure out how to turn off the screen? The 1st gen EEE pc is 36w btw, so you are wrong about everything.

Attached: th.jpg (300x200, 12K)

These are all valid points and projects. The problem is, anyone with a minimal interest in computers will probably have hardware they're not using laying around that can be repurposed to do most tasks people use an RPi for.

diversion on asus is better

There is truth here, but single-boards are marginally easier on the power bill than a scrounged white box.

At this point, you're really just pushing it just so you can win an internet argument. Your peripheral/display and footprint "arguments" are literally non-arguments.
>1st gen EEE is 36w
Smartphone chargers tend to range from 2.5 W to 10 W, barring any Quickmemes that only smartphones can use.

>anyone with a minimal interest in computers will probably have hardware they're not using laying around that can be repurposed to do most tasks
I don't have 3 laptops lying around. Even if I do, why would I want to use the laptops? If I do have a minimal interest, those laptops would be too power hungry for the shit I want to use them for.
>inb4 buy used laptop
So you're admitting that not everyone is going to have hardware just lying around.

For me it's a ton easier to have a pi hooked up right next to the router. They only working desktops I still have that aren't my daily drivers are XP and 98 systems without a wifi antenna. I also can't run cables upstairs since I'm in an apartment preventing holes in walls.

Yeah, I sure do want to use that 27" laptop as a DNS server.

Why would you buy something if you didn't have a intended use for it already? Are you retarded?

Attached: Im+here+thx+for+the+mention+you+two+_d5d702317b26ae8482eba1cb99dc42c9.png (326x192, 65K)

>too retarded to use ESP, arduino, or a cheaper laptop, defends shitty pi, ignores spare smartphones exist that are even smaller

>thinking 1st gen netbook is peak of efficiency

I know (((who))) you're working for

these two were too stupid to buy a router and edit the DNS or put a hosts file on there.

If you can't find a use for a small, capable 5 watt single board computer you simply lack imagination or the ability to use search engine

>use an old pc
>implying energy bills dont exist

A pi running 24/7 puts like 10 bucks per year on your electricity bill. Does a core 2 duo too?

For the price, you could get TWO Pis.

I also don't have a phone line upstairs either, jackass. And also this has nothing to do with hosts lmao

smartphones are locked down, you stupid fuck
Also, I'm not using an Arduino as a fucking seedbox. Try it if you can. Why would I want to use a laptop that has an idle power consumption higher than a pi at half mast seeding a few hundred torrents?

>edit the DNS or put a hosts file on there
gee, where do you think would I direct my DNS to? Google's 8.8.8.8, or maybe openDNS? Why not an ultra low power pi zero for a local DNS server?
also
>trusting the hosts file when windows is known to ignore that shit when a microsoft website is listed

in that case you wouldn't be buying a pi and if you do, it's your own fault for buying something you don't need, also sure an old or or phenom will be 10x faster but also much more expensive electricity wise. sure, might only be the equivalent to $100 a year but the only purpose for willingly spending more money than you need to is to make yourself feel better for being "richer" and being able to waste money. just because you can doesn't mean you need to. if you need more powerful 24/7 hardware than a pie, than it's justified, but if you run a p4/phenom for a pihole or something the pie will do fine, than that's just honestly being an idiot. I'm not trying to be an asshole or start an argument but these have a purpose, you either but one for the purpose in mind, or don't. if you get it for free from work or a friend, and can't find a use for it, give it away. if you ordered it for no reason, maybe think about why you order stuff you don't need and use this to think about how you waste money for no reason due to impulses, advertising or whatever. I have a few extra laptop's and desktops but those are bigger, take up more room and more power than I need, so not going to use them to run a program that uses 10mb of ram on a headless 4core arm processor just fine. in fact, sonarr probably runs better on a headless Debian raspberry pi 3 than a p4 on win7, just because of power consumption and it being bare necessities. if this thread wasn't specifically "what to run on a raspberry pi or is it a basedboy meme" I'd say do what you want, but the purpose of this thread is specifically about raspberry pis and their use cases.

are not me but good responses.

>using a phone line in 2018

>smartphones are locked down
>windows can magically change firmware on routers

yeah now I see why I don't like rPi, or its users.

>arduino
>calls other people retarded

Attached: 3944-24019-11722.jpg (220x240, 14K)

That wouldn't matter if your application needs more pins than a single pi has.

some practical use for dragon dildos?
asking for a friend

Gee I wonder how to hook up my router without a phone line hurr

Attached: ca07dab.jpg (801x661, 47K)

>Fuck off retard, it's easier to work with a Linux stack. If you're gonna develop something for personal use you better have a well supported and documented software stack.

Attached: Meme+magic+nazi+frogs+s+and+keks+media+please+my+_855a27ed3d59036f1d70008414645936.jpg (200x200, 10K)

Good luck running your shit on a 20mhz 8 bit machine with whopping 2 kilobytes of RAM.

I hate that this one remains so popular when there's better alternatives that really aren't much more expensive. USB Ethernet STILL, nigga what.

I have a kubernetes cluster built on RPI3B's.

God you're such an insufferable faggot. Do you have a single friend?

With no drivers to speak of, too.

not him, but you made a bait thread about something you don't like or can't find a use case for, then attack people for their responses (which could have been nicer) then say you don't like ALL raspberry pi users because of him? come on man, that's not nice or fair. just because you don't use a power saw doesn't mean it doesn't have it's use cases. "man I got this leaf blower but I live in an apartment, and don't have a yard, they're fucking USELESS, and all fucking leaf blower owners are fucking assholes because they're telling me I'm retarded for calling them idiots for owning one because I don't have a lawn".

I didn't come in this thread to argue. I'm
I said what I use it for and what purposes it has. if you don't have a use for it, then don't use it or buy it. give it away if you have one or sell it. I wish everyone here the best, have a nice weekend.

Attached: extract_picture001.jpg (400x720, 14K)

The company I work for uses them to make digital signage players for restaurants and other small-mid sized shops.

It's not a meme

Two things I learned from this post
>you've never used a smartphone before
>you think common routers have a host file or act as their own DNS server
Try installing a minimal Debian set-up just for a command-line torrent with a Web-UI on a fucking smartphone if you can.
You're doing everything to try and win an argument. Everytime a reasonable use case comes up (local DNS server, low powered seedbox), you pull out of your ass a more convoluted solution (hurr durr use a smartphone).

Can we discuss small computers with similar form factors that don't fall under the Raspberry Pi brand?

I need a small form factor very low power computer that can run mpv at 1080p over HDMI, and also has reliable wifi (will be using NFS to my NAS). What is the best option out there for this?

NUCs and other similar mini-PCs are your only bet for that. Look at what other PC manufacturers offer if you want something other than an intel NUC.

Why would you want a always on box hooked up to mpv instead of like rasplex which runs on libmpv? Also again either a pi or one of its more powerful competitors

Intel nuc? unsure about the wifi part.

intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/boards-kits/nuc/kits.html

they have full non kit versions available, if you don't want to add your own hard drive, operating system etc and want something ready out of the box.

intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/boards-kits/nuc/mini-pcs.html

I once replaced the entire Android stack avobe the kernel on a Motorola Defy with a cracked screen with Debian, not even on a chroot. Worked fine. Didn't replace the kernel because locked bootloader, but it was basically vanilla 3.something with a few features disabled.

Intel nuc, which is also about 4x more expensive than a pi

or something like odroid xu4 which is basically a much more powerful raspberry pi, same exact form factor but more similar to a computer than a hobbyist board.

hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php

>look at this retard using a 30$ pi over a 10$ used notebook
>don't look at me, using a 20$ µc over a 1.50$ DIP chip

>Gee I wonder how to hook up my router without a phone line hurr

>router
>modem
>DSL

Utimate brainlet

>67925433
nah I'm someone else. I talk shit about the rPi because I have not found one good use of it that I haven't done better.
>remote control lights: esp
>simple i/o arduino
>single use devices: something old with lots of development

>Try installing a minimal Debian set-up just for a command-line torrent with a Web-UI on a fucking smartphone if you can.

That's your problem, you are too one minded and retarded to think of other solutions. Remote control an android phone, unless you want a chrooted debian, which is also easy.

>instead of like rasplex which runs on libmpv?
I plan on controlling this from other computers using mpv's JSON IPC api. Also I have a bunch of specialized mpv userscripts I plan on running on it. Basically I want straight vanilla mpv, I don't want to fuck around with anything else.

I use mine for Kodi/Retropie around the house. Got them for $25. If you can tell me something better that has the same support for around the same price I'm all ears. The problem with the alternatives I find is they get no updates if they're supported at all.

Plan9 cpu. I bought 5 of them for cpus

You niggas high or what? A NUC just to play HD videos? Just about any cheap SBC, probably even the RPI can do this.

So then how without a phone line? Have you ever actually hooked up a network? Or you just spitting bullshit out the ass.

>rpi 3b is 35 dollars on newark
>bbone black is 50 on newark
>bbone still has more than twice the digi i/os than a rpi
think.jpg

the way he worded his post was a SMALL computer, not a raspberry pi. if he meant another single board computer that isn't a raspberry pi, then I responded to my nuc post with the odroid suggestion.

>That's your problem, you are too one minded and retarded to think of other solutions.
You're thinking up of really fucking retarded solutions just so you could say "hurr durr u dun need pi for that". You advocated for using power hungry laptops because it's more convenient than using a pi but now that the pi has convenience over the retarded idea of having to root a smart phone just for a seedbox, suddenly I'm the too "one minded" to find other solutions that are, most likely, going to be more convoluted than just using a pi? Also, that smartphone doesn't have any fucking I/O and OTG doesn't allow charging. You're also still too stupid to know what a hosts file is and you think routers have their own DNS server.
You're just moving goalposts at this point just to win an internet argument against anonymous strangers.

Will an SBC or RPi play arbitrary video at 1080p, or just MPEG codecs with hardware decoding? Will it do VP9 at 1080p?

I'm starting to think Pi isn't the problem, but the people that buy them. Wasn't it supposed to be the catalyst for a lot of inventions/moneymaking hardware ideas? Meanwhile all the pi forums are centered around autistic vidya emulation and stupid shit like PiHole

I'm a sick fuck, I like a quick fuck (Whoop!)
I'm a sick fuck, I like a quick fuck
I like my dick sucked, I'll buy you a sick truck
I'll buy you some new tits, I'll get you that nip-tuck
How you start a family? The condom slipped up
I'm a sick fuck, I'm inappropriate
I like hearin' stories, I like that ho shit
I wanna hear mo' shit, I like the ho shit
Send me some mo' shit, you triflin' ho bitch (Bitch, bitch, bitch)

because it is a toy for autists
if you do something comercial, you do your own embedded stuff

>PiHole is autistic
>probably fixing his x.org right now

rpi will just play MPEG codecs in hardware, as far as I know but I've seen videos where people test youtube from a browser at HD. Since youtube is most likely to default to vp9, I'm thinking that the cpu is powerful enough for vp9 software decoding but most reviewers tend to be too ignorant of video codecs to show if it's really downloading a vp9 stream.

>Wasn't it supposed to be the catalyst for a lot of inventions/moneymaking hardware ideas?
Was it?

>Its more convenient to buy a pi, hook it up to a display and keyboard, install linux, then some torrent client, than to install a torrent client app and VNC app on android

> Also, that smartphone doesn't have any fucking I/O and OTG doesn't allow charging.

yeah a seedbox sure needs to know the humidity, arduinos don't save more power and have faster I/O already

>You're also still too stupid to know what a hosts file is and you think routers have their own DNS server.

You're simply too stupid. Stay in 2006 with your n800 you fucking retarded boomer.

Attached: 1514491674053.png (500x500, 307K)

Yeah that's about my knowledge of it too. I need something beefy enough to do 1080p software decoding at reasonably high bitrates, but also to stream the files from NFS at the same time.

Yeah I remember people hyping it up like that when it came out

NUCs are an overpriced scam