What does Jow Forums think of the GPD Win 2? It looks like a nice umpc

What does Jow Forums think of the GPD Win 2? It looks like a nice umpc

Attached: 300px-GPD_Win_2.jpg (300x318, 36K)

Attached: 1538567275111.jpg (1745x1080, 300K)

It's a nice portable gaming PC. But not as convenient for any other portable use than gaming (over a decent smartphone at least).

But I don't want to talk about the games, I want to talk about the specs, use you can give to it, etc.

Attached: 1537791353438.png (166x159, 59K)

These microportables are always useless to me for the same reason: no ÄÖ keys as an option.

Needs an AMD version.

My sister has the older one. It has some better keyboard features but its trash.

Heavier than tablet/phone, smaller than netbook.

It does neither function very well. The keyboard is cramped, the screen is small, and so you have to hold it up to you close and type on the keyboard. How can you do anything of value like that?

Ultrabooks surpassed them for a reason. They were the same weights, just larger and more comfortable.

If you aren't gaming on it its useless. If you are, then you should have gotten a PSP instead.

It Is A Small Computer

>How can you do anything of value like that?
You can actually carry it around, for one. I'm not gonna bring a man bag like some kind of fag just to carry a laptop around.

Even for gaming it's terrible. If you play something remotely modern, the battery will go to crap and last barely 3 hours, not even mentioning you still have to lower the settings so it can run at a decent framerate. If someone wants those machines for gaming, then the XD Plus is a much better choice. For once, the battery is actually good (~8 hours) and you can run everything up to gamecube (if you fiddle around with Dolphin settings). It's also cheaper and the control scheme isn't retarded

I want a GPD Win 3, with a decent design this time please.

I'm satisfied with my gen 1 win considering I only use it for playing vn's and non demanding indie titles although for the latter I plug my logitech mk240 nano set because the inbuilt keyboard is useless for games and the controller has some pretty bad build quality which is the only negative thing it has going for me. From what I've seen the new model should have better build quality and performance increases across the board but like the first one, it's one expensive chink toy.

too big and heavy, at that point just get a notebook.

the first gpd win was already pushing it, but it was fine.

i hate the fan.

Might as well get the GPD Pocket 2

Attached: 15387670751217092572491785880825.jpg (4032x3024, 2.65M)

>laptops are for fags
>carries a toy laptop

For you.

I like your SU-37. I am also a fan of Russian military technology and in particular Soviet firearms.

Was just at the Miramar Air Show. I kept telling myself there was no way I'd find a Sukhoi among all the chink plastic toy kiosks.

I wonder if they could make that thing 8" and still be pocketable.

>8"
>Pocketable
Nah. 7" would be max

I miss airshows, I wanted to be a fighter pilot when I was a kid and my old man would always take me to them, but the air force base where I live in Canada shut down so they don't have them anymore.

I find myself looking at the GPD devices, but i think overall an iPad or Surface Go is probably more practical for my usage.

Attached: 15387741138358994251454381187352.jpg (4032x3024, 2.43M)

da!
same, i grew up on an air base, air shows and top gun, but bad vision and fear of heights apparently don't make the right stuff.

i'll stick to ace combat and in-house flight simulator experiences.

small computers look cool but they are pretty useless, the screens are too small to use desktop applications
i'd be nice to be able to attach a small keyboard to smartphones to use them as small desktop computers
but again if you can carry a keyboard around you might as well just carry a 13" laptop or even bigger