Python3 after the basics

>Finish reading couple of beginner books on python3
>Learned the syntax of the language
>Can make few smart scripts/programs to automate things

Im in dilemma. I finished studying Python3 few days ago. I had no programming experience prior to that.
Took me about 2 months to learn syntax and be able to make my own programs. What now?

I want to study more and get better at this language but i dont know which subject to take on.
Im looking to make money out of this at some point by building shit but i dont know what
subject to take on now? Whats good thing to do with python that could also make you a
profit for knowing it so at the long run?

What CAN someone do with python like machine learning etc what are the other stuff?

Attached: images (1).jpg (300x168, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

opendatastructures.org/ods-python/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_logic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bumping as I am in the same boat!

start learning data structures and algorithms. here is a free introductory book:
opendatastructures.org/ods-python/

Bumbping for almost being in the same boat, still dont have finish studying.
What books did you read OP?

I actually bought physical copies of Automate the boring stuff with python && Python crash course. I still find it much easier studying looking at an actual book rather than a screen. In addition i own a kidnle and can basically get any book on it for free as its the internet but still real books best way. If you finish these books you pretty much know how to built shit for sure, also "learn python 3 the hard way".

I have no math history, in fact all i know is logic and PEMDAS lmao
>inb4 need math to program
you don't you, just need logic and you make the program do the math for you
but yeah im not interesting in this subject thanks for the tip tho

> doesn't want to learn data structures or algorithms

Yeah that sounds like a python scripter

well if you give me a good point to start learning about algorithms and data structures and where to implement them i would. btw my math knowledge doesnt get past high school maths. i know the order of operations and how to solve basic algorithms but if its a computer science subject ill pass.

>you don't need math for programming
you don't need math for shitty little automation scripts. if you want to do something someone will actually pay you for, you need to know discrete math/logic, and possibly linear algebra and calculus depending on what you want to do. and you absolutely need to know data structures and algorithms.

learn some framework like Flask, Django or Pyramid. Start contributing to open sauce.

> don't need math for shitty little automation scripts.
kek

let's start from the basics.
with all the books you claim you've read, you don't know what an algorithm is?

everybody has to start somewhere man. Stop being such a nigger and be less elitist about it

alright got any source of learning maths of the type you describe cuz i aint getting back to college. i work a realife job this is a hobby my life doesnt depend on it btw

>"i know the order of operations and how to solve basic algorithms"

lets start with you reading before you reply.

The Jow Forumsuy is not elitist, is just saying that if you want to be good you need to know math.
Stop getting TRIGGERED when someone says you need to learn.

My man, I am not the guy it was aimed at. I'm lurking but its the choice of words. ps using "triggered" just makes you look like a bigga nigga

Try programming python, from O'Reilly
>Math scares me
>Idk what a data structure is
Maybe just kys

>If you want to be good you need math

Say that to the middle school dropout programmers that basically build the best projects to date with no math history.

It's like saying you can't paint anything good on a canvas because you dont have teal color
on your palette.

>middle school dropout programmers that basically build the best projects to date with no math history.
Literally who?

So you are saying that the best programmers don't know math? Not having a math background don't mean you are math illiterate.
Try to find one good programmer that don't know math, the people here are just trying to help if you just want to go ahead like that is not our problem, the one that is going to be a code monkey is you.

I think he is saying they didn't know math at the beginning. It's hard getting past peoples pride, encourage them instead of being like "YOU GOTTA DO DIS NIGGA"

Can a novice get involved in open source? Where can I start?

Start web scraping. Let your programs download all the NSFW female pics and build an archive. Put archive on DVD. Sell from street corner attached to inside of your trench coat.

Web scrape ReadOnlineComic.to. do the archive thing.

Make a website and let Python automate page creation and updates.

Learn C.

Make a Python stalker that scrapes data from multiple online sources and compiles a dossier on target person.

Stick with Python basics for a good twelve months before telling people you know Python.

Hey man, this is pretty neat.
Thanks.

It's actually more like saying you can't be a good painter because you don't have a brush. You'll be stuck doing finger paintings for your life.

Since im interested from the whole math conversation, anyone can give a "roadmap" of what type of math you should start from that you will need for programming, from very beginner to advanced.

Need sources and books if possible.

learn django or flask

Maybe /sci/ and their wiki can help you with this, be wary of some ancient textbooks that have better replacements for today's age.

The bet way to learn the language better it to use it.

Fpbp though, those books dont cover data structures. Make sure you understand the core data structures and algorithms: lists, vectors, sets, maps, multisets and multimaps, trees, graphs, sorts and searches, and binary tree algorithms, when to use them, why to use them, what performance guarantees they have.

Congrats, you just wasted 2 months learning a meme language. It's ok, it happened to me too. Unless you're a data scientist there is no practical use for Python that isn't done better and more easily by a different language. Now to learn Java, JavaScript, C#, C++ of even Swift if you want to do something useful and/or earn money. Ignore meme languages until you learn

There are a thousand free books and guides on GitHub and in the most mainstream websites like YouTube, Quora and reddit. I'm not going to spoon-feed you

>>inb4 need math to program
>you don't you, just need logic
have fun with your "hello world" scripts
more money for the rest of us

>doesn't want to become educated and improve
>calls the OTHER user a nigger
ironing

>hey guys what do I do next?
>"math"
>no I hate math
>"ok enjoy not being employed"
Yeah "being a nigger" sure.

Data structures arent math. Data structures are logic.

Read the damn book.

>Data structures arent math. Data structures are logic.
ummm, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_logic

Read Fluent Python.

bump

Bump

I need some good data structures and begginers math books/ sources as well. What's a good book to start with?

C.O.D.E. -> book

Math is logic you dumb nigger

Google didn't show nuffing so u bs

>learning data structures, when the most important ones are already implemented in python

it's waste of time. it's for people working with C, data strucutres can just be imported as a library anyway, and it's just going to be for knowledge, not for practical use.

I like how you just put "Learn C" in there randomly.

>just need logic
logic is discrete math...

learn C is a good advice