Hey Jow Forums what is a good anti-virus with low memory consumption

Hey Jow Forums what is a good anti-virus with low memory consumption

Attached: 1538242733438.png (640x720, 340K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Wuy_Pm3KaV8
map.norsecorp.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

common sense

so what your saying is that I should unistall my anti virus ?

He said "with low memory consumption".

Attached: FACE_QUAD.png (120x120, 2K)

Cuckdefender

I unistalled it already ?
I removed most windows/microsoft botnet from my pc

As long as you aren't a retard that clicks on ads and downloads everything in site, you don't need an anti-virus

I love Gabu.

what about firewalls?

Not needed. Your modems & routers built-in one is good enough for home use. All that extra bullshit is a giant scam.

eset nod32

Attached: rondo_duo.gif (189x392, 1.51M)

GNU/linux

Yes. If your stupid enough to need one, you probably wouldove gotten fucked already.

None. Use SELinux or firejail to compartementalize software and only let the backup software or such readonly it all.

my wife Gabriel is so cute

Malwarebytes

Attached: IMG-20181003-WA0000.jpg (4160x2336, 1017K)

Install Gentoo

If you're really set on getting a good antivirus, grab Eset Nod 32.

However, the redpill of this board is that viruses can easily be avoided using GNU/Linux, some decent browser extensions, and common sense. Don't touch sketchy websites, don't do illegal shit, use the anything from the plethora of extensions in pic related (blacked out shit that isn't relevant, circled shit that'll help), and remember that most viruses that can actually badly hurt a computer are usually built for Windows and Mac computers.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-10-05 16-12-49.png (625x611, 195K)

this can be used only 17 more times before it's not longer funny

>use all these extensions that cause your browser to eat more resources than an av would

what makes you think its a joke?

The only good thing I've seen about nod32 is pic related.

Nobody needs a antivirus, just don't be stupid and you're fine.

Attached: nod321.jpg (646x545, 78K)

kys pedo

Win defender + common sense

not being a retard
how many task bars do you have on your browser right now?

Because you don't always need to manually download something to get infected

Do people actually leave their "anti virus" on while using their machines? I always thought people only turned it on every once in a while or after they install new software.

when a big virus like CIH hits, no anti-virus software will save you
the only viruses they stop are ones you never get

Common sense

Don’t listen to these faggots that say hurrr commen sense is all you need

Fucking idiots don’t understand that malware today is meant to be hidden and be completely undetectable. From you to all the anti virus engines out there. It takes more then “common sense”. It’s also highly determined on what exactly you plan on doing with your pc.

Here’s what you do. Download Sysinternals Suite from Microsoft’s website, and get familiarized with the tools provided.
Here’s a good video that you can use to understand the basics:
youtu.be/Wuy_Pm3KaV8

As for an external program, I personally use Bitdefender now, I used to use ESET. There’s nothing wrong with either but ESET should be lighter then Bitdefender on the memory end of things.

Attached: DBA15034-F7F3-4805-8340-D637FA47D0FA.png (1712x2594, 2.09M)

The antivirus can simply blacklist the binary md5

TempleOS, no internet so no way to get infected

you're defending yourself from nothing

Forgot to add, download the MSRT tool from Microsoft as well.
It’s an engine built into the OS that will actually do a deep scan to find common to irregular malware and trojans.

Works really good.

Attached: 053D24BE-620F-4702-ABEC-2A71E62E70CC.jpg (184x184, 26K)

>you're defending yourself from nothing
Malware is at it's peak. And IOT is also to blame

malware was at its peak during the windows 98-2000 days, you're delusional

I’m defensive against those spooky black hat anons that spread digital cancer

Have you read any security articles lately? DDOS attacks are in the tbps now. Manually executed malware is a thing of the past now

yeah I'm sure you're being DDOSed all the time, you're such an important target

I mostly use avast, but it's a POS filler until I find something more reliable. I'm thinking of getting a subscription to malwarebytes. they've never steered me wrong.

You're retarded. Actual internet infrastructures were being shut down. Like OVH and DYN? You've never read anything about malware lately.

what does that have to do with your personal computer? I don't read anything about malware because I don't have any malware

chinks and russians portscan your ip all day

Read about STUXNET, that might give you an idea.

>what does that have to do with your personal computer
What do you think gets infected and raises the internet bill. And you do know that the DYN attacks knocked several high profile sites offline right?

>Stuxnet is a malicious computer worm, first uncovered in 2010. Thought to have been in development since at least 2005, Stuxnet targets SCADA systems and is believed to be responsible for causing substantial damage to Iran's nuclear program.
well there go my plans for world domination

See this is what i’m talking about. It’s absolutely delusional to convince yourself that you are free of any malware or viruses or remote tcip connections.

But niggers gonna nig I guess.

if I lived in a country that charged me for internet traffic then I'd monitor my upload

>pic related. the post

Attached: 35FF5F78-142B-423D-8E6E-A601DD6A24C0.png (2810x4096, 490K)

You're almost guaranteed to be safe if you're not allowing random connections to your computer, disabling scripts before going on pages, and keeping ahead of the curve in tech news.

I haven't updated windows since 1709, and I'm doing relatively fine. No odd activity in my task manager, no viruses, no malware (and if there is malware, it must be super advanced to avoid detection by malwarebytes, in which case not even MS could stop it since they're incompetent idiots).

windows thinks programs I wrote myself are malware so where do you draw the line
you can call telemetry "spyware" too even though most programs do it these days
and anti-virus programs love to make false positives to convince you to keep using them

It's not that simple. Malware isn't just spread from ports 23/2323/443, whichever protocol/exploit is vulnerable will be exploited. Please do some research on malware that isn't from 2004.

monitoring your network traffic is pretty fucking simple

You do know that zero days exist right? Are you gonna notice malicious tcp requests crafted to not be noticed among thousands of others, that also haven't been discovered. You'd rather monitor a network for hours instead of just having the antivirus blacklist the binary?

if someone is trying to use your PC to DDOS and you aren't uploading a thing it's going to be pretty damn obvious

The common sense you should apply is what you determine is a false positive to a malicious program.

But that being said.. Trust nobody, not even yourself.

>task manager

You're literally retarded. Stop thinking of malware from decades ago.An attacker can't simply tell your computer to DOS someone. A payload must be propogated to your device. This is usually done with exploits to get root access on your device and running a "wget" script to install the correct binary. Not to mention it's most likely gonna be stored in RAM with a non-suspicious process name. Once the binary is installed on the device it will wait for commands from the c2 server. The command is usually a 5 byte encrypted tcp string with attack details.

that's how DDOS has always worked, dumbass, doesn't change the fact that if you computer is doing an unusual amount of uploading, you can see it

Do you not get the whole unnoticeable tcp connection part. Modern malware doesn't stand out until actual security professionals reverse engineer the binary.

if your computer isn't doing anything that uploads it's impossible to make it "unnoticable"

map.norsecorp.com

>relentless perpetual war between USA and China
>not a single area marked on the continent of Africa

lmao

The malware isn't uploading anything until the actual DOS command is given though? I guarantee that you won't notice the tcp/syn heartbeat, even though it's periodic. Scripts can barely detect tcp sequence number fingerprints.

>The malware isn't uploading anything until the actual DOS command is given though?
no shit

Do you even know how tcp works?

yes

Kaspersky, it detects NSA malware as it's being created.

I honestly doubt that you do. You should know that modern malware do not send a fuckton amount of requests. They're crafted to blend in with the thousands of other network request that you send a minute. No one is gonna do a ddos attack longer than 30 minutes unless they're targeting a CDN.

I've implemented TCP
There's no way you're not noticing a fucking DDOS attack coming from your PC even if you are uploading
and if the malware is just lying dormant well it's not really posing a threat is it?
It's a moot point anyway seeing you only get this shit if you have no common sense about computer use

>if the malware is just lying dormant well it's not really posing a threat is it?
Why would a threat actor make a bunch of noise before infecting a decent amount of nodes?
>if you have no common sense about computer use
Again, common sense does shit to nothing against a zero day exploit.

what are you even talking about? you're spouting random nonsense and jargon. stop reading tech news and start using your brain

>you're spouting random nonsense and jargon
Like???
You probably have never done any research on network security.

This nigga is the right nigga

The only antivirus you will ever need. Any sketchy executables can be run in a sandboxed VM.

Attached: 220px-Tux.png (220x261, 39K)

Unironically this

if you really need an antivirus consider this.

You can't uninstall defender desu