I don't care about privacy because I'm not doing anything wrong?

>I don't care about privacy because I'm not doing anything wrong?
Is there anyway to convince these NPC-tier "human beings" who say this that they're wrong?

Attached: mad.png (454x358, 252K)

>do you have sex with your wife in front of a curtainless bay window facing the street?
cause y'know there's nothing wrong with sexing up the wife

Why? If they don't give a shit about their data, then collect and sell it. Fuck them.
Do you think The Zucc pays privacy no mind? I bet that nigga got an entirely bespoke operating system specifically designed on bespoke hardware that is 100% government-proof and has privacy built like a fucking truck.

No. Lemmings gonna lemming.

The trick is that you don't convince them. You let them rot and die stupid and in denial.

>I care about privacy solely because Jow Forums told me I should
Guarantee you didn't give two shits before you came here from reddit

No.

Edward Snowden, who although I get is like 99% small talk and media hype, he's one of the current largest and best advocates for internet privacy; his strongest argument has been, "Arguing that you don't care about privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say."
I get that that's use of the Exaggerated Equivalence fallacy, but it isn't too far off. That quote has been regarded as one of the strongest arguments for privacy-- and yet I've never seen it change anyone's mind.

Suffice to say, there may be no way to change their mind. Optimize your privacy on your own and watch the world burn. I tend to get a kick out of reading UK news articles where people get arrested for having pencils that are too long or getting sent to prison for reporting minority crimes.

>Sir the prep who has been questioning the government has been found.
>Okay Johnson, what do we have on him?
>He hasn't had physical contact with another human being in the past 6 years!
>A professional, I see...
>His lack of activity will allow us to convince the jury he is a potential threat to society like the loners who shot up schools.
>Excellent, what else Johnson?
>Spy cam reveals a hideous looking man in his mid-30s.
>No way the Jury will sympathize with this one. What else?
>His browsing history contains the notorious website: Jow Forums.
>Hook, line and sinker Johnson! This ones going to be an open and shut case. Prepare SWAT and bring him in.

No because the majority of people are idiots. Just give up and stop caring so you can save yourself the stress and anger.

People these days don't even care about free speech though

Get ready for the next generation.
I'm waiting for the zoomers to get their asses railed using all the harmful services they do and naturally revolt.

just pretend to be retarded and donate to the occasional tranny on clearnet. they'll think you're the goodest goy

They can have my data, I honestly. Dont. Give. A. Fuck.

You only do cause you don’t want them snooping in your torrented cp folder

and what is life without stress and anger?

Yes
Pretty much good summary. You aren't going to convince any typical user to care about privacy. They want features.

I mostly just like having the knowledge of security. The know-how. I'm mostly concerned with security vs a malicious actor who is collecting a lot of data and looking for easy victims. Not necessarily the government who has much more power and expertise.
Good data hygiene will protect you from advertising tracking.

How long it'd take you to come up with that

>I'm mostly concerned with security vs a malicious actor who is collecting a lot of data and looking for easy victims. Not necessarily the government who has much more power and expertise.
This
You'll go crazy trying to defend yourself against some NSA boogyman, better time is invested defending yourself from entities that are actively taking your data and using it in a manner that is not in your best interests

A miserable pile of secrets.

Ask them for their DOB, SSN, and card numbers. Then ask them for the clothes off their back. See if they care about keeping things private then.

But really is the true answer.

why care about privacy when everything is compromised? I can't outwit the abcs.

ask them for their passwords and tell em your going to read the chat logs, the NPC worms believe that privacy = being under investigation for crime, not privacy = your data being sold and analyzed by thousands of corporate marketing shills

Your data will be used to manipulate you into voting for Trump

Quads confirm

who gives a shit. Apple got your ass covered anyways

No, because they're right.
If everyone kept their data private we wouldn't have awesome services like Google search orr Facebook.
Also illegal stuff would run rampant.

>Not encouraging redditors to care about privacy

I chuckled at this

>Zucc have hardware that is 100% government-proof
he uses a mac with black tape on the mic and camara.

t. CIA nigger

Ask them if they're okay with their neighbors coming over to watch them taking a shit

>convince
you can't. life without caring about privacy is much more convenient. it's a battle of minority, it's our right to be safe from people in government, corporations and their interests.

You pretty much have to just wait until they realise what they've lost.

is this 'i'm stealing neighbors wifi' general?

>Because the government has your best interests in mind.

Said nobody outside of political affiliation ever

Attached: prism-slide-51.jpg (700x525, 85K)

I don't care about the chains and working into the sulfur mine, all I was doing before was watching netflix. Look at me now, I'm a proud slave of the Bergsteinbergstrom.

t. NPC circa 2025

When you waste 20Megabillions per years for negative return but at least you know how Chad penetrate Stacy.

well im not doing anything wrong and i dont mind nsa and fbi spying on me. not gonna cuck myself using cuckcuckgo and firefox

Advocating privacy or talking about open-source in everyday conversation is kind of like being a tech vegan. It implies having to do away with everyday conveniences for the sake of some abstract "greater good". Also having a strong opinion about anything makes you annoying to other people whenever that topic is being discussed, and wil make them want to avoid talking about it.

this, i avoid talking about privacy or foss irl because i don't want to give an impression of being insane religious fanatic i am.

They're right though. Even if you're hiding stuff, most people don't care if some random individual (who they'd almost certainly never meet) sees glimmers of this information without context. Every single answer in this thread is a strawman.

If you can't convince anyone, then you're probably wrong, user.

Bad analogy because you don't have actual sex on the internet and even if I try following your idea, how can sexual oriented activity on the internet could have an impact on your actual life other than the 1 in a million chance of getting blackmailed?
The people they elect let harmful laws pass so the more people are educated on the privacy and freedom of the internet, the better it is for everyone.
One of the good posts because it has a point wether one agrees or not. The privacy on the internet is the kind of trench war: you less you care the more you get freedom stripped from you. But he advocates to not do anything which is bad. You can at least try to take this matter in account when you vote.
Also yes, social engineering has been proven to be useful, see the 2016 election facebook ad engine designed to show people what they want to see regarding Hillary. Keep in mind that I'm not a burger and watched the shitshow in awe from afar. People got manipulated. That's not right when you care about the original concept of democracy.
Maybe something along the line of
"
Ok, but what if your boss can access to your private information, like your sexual/political orientation/uptime/visited websites/financial situation? You know the databases exist with this information. People can buy it anytime if they have the right porfessional rights (ie buying adverstising targetting source data). You already know that some bosses hire/give raise to people they respect, and some people have missed jobs over their fucking astrological sign for fuck sake.
"
If they are business oriented.
If you really want to convince them, find out what they care about and find some realist, not nutcase reason to keep things private.

>mfw some family members posted pictures of their naked kids on facebook in fucking 2017
People are fucking retarded.

Yes ,you dox them

It's hard to find people who actually care about building a better tomorrow for everyone, so naturally you will find the masses hard to convince. It's the same as smoking, really; do you think all those stupid labels saying that smoking cigarettes is a health risk to yourself and others nearby make a difference? Because that is how you sound to them. Do not let them convince you that being unable to convince others means you are wrong.

Society has redelegated the building of this better world from the people themselves to technology. Thus, the lives of the younger generations will improve, not because of the sacrifice their predecessors made for a better society that makes life even more fulfilling, enjoyable and rewarding, but because the refrigerators will be more energy efficient, the phone screens will have higher resolution, and the nukes will be more precise. We, both as individuals and as a community have become very shortsighted, lacking ideals and vision for the future.

Get even more arguments, basically. Data leaks, corrupt people handling said data, becoming complacent to a such society, social engineering (even for advertisement), etc. I am glad to see others keeping up this fight, but winning it means fighting and winning a much bigger war that encompasses other ills people face.

Call them pedophiles

Take a good look, folks. This is what happens when you're new and you stay new. Instead of actually figuring out what the fuck is going on with your board(s) of choice, you end up like this kid right here. Obsessed with what he thinks is "board culture" and unable to process anything that isn't a "meme" or a fictional war between this website and any number of "boogeyman" boards.

For the other newfags, just be aware of crap like this. Don't end up this way, where literally everything is a "meme" or "reddit" or whatever.