*Gaming Motherboard*

>*Gaming Motherboard*
>Ugly design
>Ugly LEDs
>God awful names

Who are their target audience?

Attached: Gaming motherboards.jpg (673x1024, 152K)

Gaymers

manchildren

zoomers

Children and manchildren, the same audience that plays video games.

>Who are their target audience?

Not even trolling

damn that looks sick as fuck (in a good way)

>Infineon VRM components

based and redpilled

Attached: 1538285424430.gif (480x270, 921K)

>they targeted gamers

Attached: MOM'S GONNA FREAK.jpg (954x1300, 85K)

Normal people.

Only manchildren who either get excited or outraged by this shit. Normal adult just buy a mobo that suits their needs, turn off the light, put on a side panel and be done with it.

gamer zoomers

This. I had to get one because they are the best for performance to value ratio. If there was one without the fucking lights that make my desktop look like a gay club on a Saturday night I'd have picked that.

And fuck black motherboards, can't see shit when plugging in or drop a screw (also black)

already ordered my rog gaming psu and gaming liquid cooler.
When are we getting gaming ssds and harddrives.

Attached: smug loli2.jpg (544x483, 88K)

soi boys and gaymurs. Just buy business grade/server grade hardware like the chad you are.

>Not having Gamer M.A.G. NeTech tape drives
>Not having Gamer [Ammobox] External HDD

Attached: 1520305167042.jpg (700x688, 58K)

>4 x USB 3.1 ports
>Wi-Fi 802.11 ac 2.4/5 GHz
>Bluetooth v4.0
>4 x PCIe x16 SafeSlot
>8 DIMM, quad-channel
>10 x SATA 6Gb/s ports
>32Gb/s U.2 with NVMe support
>2VRMS Headphone Output
>dual Intel 1Gbps Ethernet
looks like a pretty sweet mobo to me, you sound like a woman that cares more about looks than specs.

That looks fucking gorgeous. Sleek, sexy, all black. Lovely LEDs and sleek aesthetics without looking like ricer bling. I'm sold, and fuck anyone who doesn't see the appeal for it.

The best part of this board is you dont have to install the IO shield

I still get mad when I remember the time I upgraded eveything in my PC so I assembled it all, screwed the board to the case, mounted the cooler, slotted the GPU, plugged in all the cables. Then I realized I had forgotten to install the IO shield. Had to do it all over again.

>normie Drake memes

This

A motherboard should look like pic related, provide high end features, and nothing more

Attached: AB50837_1.jpg (858x1000, 907K)

it's like a rave in my pc nigga, y'all just jelly

Attached: 1534278125612.jpg (500x375, 81K)

did the same

why bother posting a bait so obvious?

now that's a killer feature
i had a field day with an io shield that just wouldn't pop in the case
ended up with cuts up the ass in both hands and had to modify it

Damm... I can understand why some people like RGB shit, but damn, what's the point of writing cringeworthy shit all over the mobo?

You can turn the LED's off and it actually looks dank as fuck and minimalistic with them off.
Fun fact.

>those glowing caps
F I R E

1 0 0

>watch this senpai

Attached: Z370-godlike-gaming-RGB.jpg (1755x1936, 787K)

Perfection.

>that abomination
>minimalistic
there's no way you weren't being ironic

why don't you just buy supermicro motherboards?

I don't understand the hate for RGB, I have the Crosshair VII and the RGB is very slight. Its not more than usual LEDs on all other boards I previously owned. And you can turn it off in BIOS.

overclock gains

>And you can turn it off in BIOS.
Its useless bullshit that adds additional cost

most motherboards are targeted at 9-12 year olds

teenagers just use what they already have and don't complain and 18+ buy gaming laptops for collage.

you might think this is BS because your some basement dwelling 20/30year old hardware enthusiast but its the truth.

the Intel Extream and Threadripper hardware is aimed at like 20/30 year olds thou but mostly young profesionals nuthing is really targeted at "us"

(You)

Damn, my $599 ultra highend motherboard would cost $595 if it wasn't for all these gay leds. Fuck you Asus.

>buying asus

this is the best you'll get nowadays

most people buying PCs are retarded redditors who love RGB lighting and case windows. the companies do it because they sell.

Attached: X470 Taichi(M1).png (600x500, 124K)

>"republic of gamers"
what the fuck

this horseshit actually sells or they wouldnt do it.

Attached: 1328079125090.jpg (236x218, 24K)

This. "Gamer" boards always were expensive. Some LEDs don't make it pricier.

Crosshair vi hero it doesnt sound that edgy but it still sounds retarded when you think about it

AMD pajeets

asus is shit tier in general, I'd never buy from them again
>get a ASUS X370 Prime
>at stock it puts CPU voltage at 1.45 volts on a 1600x
>can't directly set voltage
>ASUS software is cancerous and near impossible to remove
>fan control in BIOS randomly shit itself and put my fans at 70% minimum

also im not even trying to meme saying 9-12 year olds im being 100% honest might actually be 9-15 or some thing in reality thou.

the point is the motherboard makers know every one older will just get advice online and get what's best spec wise which is hard for them to control as they build what's cheapest and best return VRM for example the diference between the good ones and bad ones is only like 5usd in parts but it matters to the motherboard makers to cheap out for returns (if you think they only earn 2% profit margin your a idiot its like 80% or more)

they do the bright shit because it massively increases sales to tweens and young teens that get their parents to buy their first computers and are just browsing local computer shops and see bright shit.

easiest way to deal with it is just to turn it off and hide ugly bright branding box in your closet.

if you really want asthetic motherboards ask Massdrop to partner with MSI or some thing but they will make some "premium luxurious tasteful motherboard" that will cost 100-200$ more than what it actually is so its not really worth it.

I know a young guy with a computer that draws 1600wat from the wall he has a extream processor and prob 2x 2080ti or 1080ti now overclocked massively you might larph at this but its true.

also when I was growing up my friend and me totally spent the most on hardware when we where like 13-14 my parents got me a GeForce 3 500ti that would be like a titian today and my mate got new cpus and gpus every like 6months. once we got to 15-16 we stopped wasting our parents money as much and our next big purchases where in our 20s and macbooks/gaming laptop shit.

another reason could be the Chinese market I guess that's bigger than the west for custom builds maybe their 20year old males have the tastes of tweens but yer.

its not because they think late teen or 20year old hardware fans actually like this its for impulse buys from literal tweens.

>buying ASUS

Attached: 1429177114622.jpg (258x245, 12K)

Ok I take it back, this shit is actually based

>reddit spacing
>no punctuation
I'm not reading this shit

and yes this makes 25-30year old idiots on youtube that care about color matching their hardware and shilling asthetics look like idiots

hardware cunucks / linus / bitwig all thous guys are total idiots and missing the point and their viewership is prob average age of 13 even thou they pretend to be asthetic and talk about it like a artform they just repurpose literal toys and think its cool because they get free shit.

>>>/reddit/

I fucking know, I fell for marketing bullshit. I should have listened to Jow Forums

Tldr

I make good points

shh.

thankyou.

TLDR: Normie zoomers ruined hardware

wall of text = redditor

no TLDR is hardware impulse buys are based on tweens and young teens and motherboard makers know older people can just turn it off and don't buy as much shit impulsively because they are using their own money.

I would wager like 70% of computer custom builds are done by 9-14 year olds or some thing. sure they might not build them them self but they go to local computer shop look at product pages and pay the shop 80$ to build them a RGB machine.

>Regular motherboard
>add a shroud
>charge people $299.99

What the fuck were they thinking?

Attached: Z370.png (900x900, 388K)

Over a decade ago, when I was 7, those words made me feel so cool. Admittedly I'd prefer something like pic related which doesn't hide that it's meant for kids. Current motherboards have this nasty mix of black and rainbow, and the marketing words are more pronounced. It looks like it's trying to appeal to adult-kids or something

Attached: gjHz1ty5MqCaIsUF_500.jpg (500x500, 83K)

This shits fantastic.

>high price because muh minimalism
They were clearly thinking differently™ .

personally I find the trend of covering PCB in shrouds disgusting NZXT just took it to the next level.

graphics cards looked cooler before they where plastic boxes. in the 90s CPUs where in plastic box expansion cards its a step back not forward.

ideal hardware is like ITX (you can fit a intelligent 5phase on ITX now that's as good as a quality 8+2 that's all you need) and all components.

mATX and ATX pcbs are mostly empty now its sad. even reference 2080ti pcb is like 30% empty hopefully some one makes a quality 2080ti mini gpu zotac used shit cheap vrm on their 1080ti mini. wasted PCB space is a crime.

I wish more motherboards had I/O shields built-in.

honestly think that like 2000s motherboard look is what I will associate the 2000s with aesthetically its pretty /fa/ like slight 90s color vibe but with some futuristic exuberance and the copper shows its pre global financial crysis its comfy feels.

>mATX and ATX pcbs are mostly empty now its sad
They should really just make everything in mini-ITX form factor and provide a daughter board connected by a ribbon or something for more PCI-E slots, a modular motherboard if you will.

you can already if your fine splitting your 16x port into 2 8x ports.

also you can adapt m.2 to a 4x pcie lane with a cable.

so yer its possible and could be done better if conectors where put in right spot and motherboard came with extenders and there was some universal mounting hardware for it so it didn't all move around. would need a new motherboard standard and case standard for that thou so prob wont happen or some sort of backplate adaptor (that might happen)

ATX motherboards are dumb I will never buy one again I have one ill use for SLI for next 5-10 years but after that SLI will hopefully be dead and I can forget about it forever.

Attached: Supported by all new Z370, some Z270, few Z170, Q170, (one Z97 chipset,) and both ASROCK X99 and X29 (1024x492, 837K)

actually that bitfucation extender cable looks like it has motherboard mounting holes on it.. that might already work in a standard case.

>mfw I just bought a TUF b450m-plus
How fucked am I?

Attached: 74527452.jpg (709x765, 45K)

appropriating motherboards based on looks

It's not just about the looks, you're gonna pay extra for it to be a gaymen board, back when you could by 990FX boards new Gigabyte had the 990FXA-UD3 R5 on sale for 89.99, and the 990FX-GAMING with the same everything but it was black and red, for 129.99.

Attached: gigabyte-ga-990fx-gaming-2.jpg (1872x1278, 404K)

You dont have tweakers paradise? Idk man their top line boards are pretty good. The c6h has been nothing but great to work with. So many options and it makes overclocking a dream. What software are you talking about? Mine doesnt install anysoftware and all ive used is aura sync whichworks fine for me (tm). If the fans change its maybe a faulty cmos?

The worst board ive used from them is their top of the line rampage x299 (i wanna say extreme but i cant remember) i had to do a watercooling build in one and boy oh boy. First off the motherboard shielding plastic shit makes it so water blocked cards cant be placed in all slots. Secondly the thing take fucking forever to post with 128gb or ram, like holy shit it takes at least two minutes. Then clearing the cmos manually means taking the shielding off which is a nightmare. Never ever buying one

>easiest way to deal with it is just to turn it off and hide ugly bright branding box in your closet.
based and RGBpilled

they slashed price to 250 after JayzTwoCents and GamersNexus laughed their asses off rofl

HardwareCanucks were paid to say nice things about it though

is that an 8 port, with a 6 mag pipe?

>Who are their target audience?
everyone because you can't buy non-gamer shit anymore without paying a premium. economies of scale is a bitch

I'm an adult

Attached: 1517927903056.png (1280x361, 720K)

i bought 30 for my company and that was a mistake. The fallout skin forced me to bring it back in

> gigabyte 990fxa ud3

Are you me?

>business grade
code for: slow and expensive
>server grade
code for: loud and super expensive

Yes, the later revision with the better VRM was rpetty much the best AM3+ board ever made for the money.

>Had to do it all over again.
no you didn't. your cargo cult ocd just made you do it

>asscock
>best
lol

anuscock gaychi

people like you are the reason why we need concentration camps

Attached: gagarin.jpg (700x612, 67K)

People who aren't basedboy eyelets who can enjoy a good lightshow.

seriously get a rope and hang yourself, faggot redditor

Give it to me straight doc how bad did I do?

Attached: x470 gaming plus.png (1024x819, 778K)

Asus's Corporate Stable Model mobos tend to be pretty inoffensive, and have good feature sets.
Thanks, based corporate no-nonsense thinking.

Attached: ASUS Prime B450M-K Motherboard (3).jpg (1445x1177, 384K)

>PCB is utilitarian as fuck
>VRM is nothing and has no heatsink on it
REEEEE WHY CANT WE WIN WITH THIS SHITY RYZEN PLATFORM

What makes a good motherboard anyways? I don’t know what to even look for except usb.

Yeah, it sucks. I wanted a reasonably fast machine, but am too poor for workstation components so I had to buy this gaming trash. It's all hidden under my desk, what remains is the embarrassing BIOS.

>VRM phases so it runs cooler and can be overclocked without melting
>io on the back having what you need
>how high end the chipset is so you can run 2 gpus if you need it X370/X470 needed to run faster than 2666MHz ram I believe.

>bothering with overclock
>worrying about mosfet degradation
>not treating x86 as disposable trash like it always was meant to be

They're expected to be office machines that run in a cool, air conditioned room.

I know the business stuff isn't supposed to be OC'd but it's a shame we can't have a pcb that looks like that with an 8+2 phase vrm anymore like you did with socket 1155.

Attached: 4267_big.jpg (827x1000, 326K)

12 year olds dude

Edgy gamers in their teens or early 20s.

I'm running a 2600 with a modest OC to 3.85 right this second on that exact B450 board, and only didn't go higher because I didn't feel the need to push it further.
It even has all of Asus's auto-overclocking bells and whistles built into the BIOS.

I mean, it's not a die hard top-tier overclocking board meant to wring every last mhz out, but it's still plenty adequate.

Says the faggot neet thats sitting on an imageboard.