Why are some manufacturers of avionics producing touch screen interfaces that look like something from Web 2.0?

Why are some manufacturers of avionics producing touch screen interfaces that look like something from Web 2.0?

Attached: aviation-ui.jpg (1359x990, 172K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LboqvFmoZ_c
youtube.com/watch?v=3cznxoJvS1U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Holy shit this is stupid. I get that touch screens allow you to add, remove, and rearrange buttons but this is just plain dangerous. I can barely use my phone when it's mounted to the dashboard of my car. How the fuck is a pilot supposed to use critical functions in turbulence? Touch screens were a mistake.

It depends of the platform. This EFB is probably some small plane's little faggot interface but every 737 and 777 I have flown have professional interface with charts and maps etc. It's nothing like this image...

you are a fucking idiot, do you even understand what that screen is?

You will be surprised but F-35 has completely touchscreen controlled interface. It's pretty cool though.

Attached: F-35 display.jpg (700x510, 54K)

I dunno, car interfaces are still pretty "outdated" too.

How many little planes hold 41,000 pounds of fuel? You aren't shit.

>How the fuck is a pilot supposed to use critical functions in turbulence?
I chose to ignore this in my OP, but it concerns me too.

Another example is this Garmin radio. PIc related.

The pic in OP is from youtube.com/watch?v=LboqvFmoZ_c where there are other parts of the cockpit that are touch screen too.

Attached: GTN650_HR_700-2.jpg (1024x778, 65K)

The screen in OP's picture and the one you are looking at has nothing to do with 'critical functions in turbulence'. Jesus christ read a fucking book.

I feel you are somewhat new, am I right?

I worked at JFK as ATC for few years before changing to a commercial airline pilot. I don't need to prove anything to you.

see

Gramin, it's Gramin.

There's something terrifying about a Jow Forums poster being an airline pilot.

>ATC
how long did it take before your first heart attack?

You just follow operating procedures for everything, their toilets probably come with a binder telling them the correct way to wipe

youtube.com/watch?v=3cznxoJvS1U
Here's great example of what it's like on JFK. JFK Steve was one of the best guys until he retired in 2017.

I can't obviously browse when I'm flying but as soon as I get back to hotel or home I'm online. Too bad Jow Forums has gone down the shitter and continues to do so. It all started with the elections and Jow Forums being mentioned in national news.

People are going to laugh at this, but open source software licensing.

No seriously. I'm not bashing the GPL here, I love all open source software from a philosophical standpoint, but you can't use the Linux derived software without following the rules. Thus companies try to skirt the line as close as possible. Thus, they'll build something using, say, the bare parts of the kernel, and then rebuild their own UI library. Hence, you get some cheap shitty UI on top of a probably only half-supported *nix device.

Most companies avoid using as much as possible. However, if you look in the "users manual" at the back of most non-computer electronics components, they've got some Linux or BSD related licensing clause (i.e. headphones, all these smart speakers, most connected devices to car computers like OBDII scanners, GPS's...

because you have a tin can flying at 800km/h and has more than 2000 sensors and they need to cram as much as possible on the FMS

the fun part is turkey is the only manufactures of the world that makes those touch screens

Uhh, the touchscreen is same as on 3ds, so it's pretty common actually.

Enjoy your layoff

I'm busy and working. You must be overweight anonymous internet user who is bitter at life.

Whats the name of this font?

i would have given a serious answer but then i forgot in what board i am

Imagine having google style white material interface on cockpit glass.

the font is something called Killary Rail

Funnily enough Terminus font gets quite close and it's excellent for Vi(m) and coding, readable font.
You are probably too young to even understand what vi even is.

Terminus looks like shit, you're probably too young to know a good console font like 3270

Kys fucking debil

At least I fly planes instead of circlejerk about some fucking imac font.

Why do you believe that "flying planes" is any kind of achievement whatsoever?

Attached: 555-come-on-now-1687205.png (500x522, 133K)

Tell me what did you do today besides jerking your micropenis and sitting in front of your thinkpad and thinking you are better than anybody else in this world?