Is KDE a meme?

Is KDE a meme or is it actually preferred? I'm kinda a newfag so don't shout at me too hard.

Attached: Screenshot_13.png (793x588, 78K)

meme

it gets shilled constantly on here. it's not bad it just feels clunky and fragile most of the time. gnome and kde just need to be fucking rewritten since they have so many problems

Dumb question but what is the "best" desktop environment?

there isn't any. you choose what's the best desktop environment or wm

It was extremely buggy for me for some reason. Shit is bloated too

Poorly executed ideas in a clusterfuck of a user interface. Would be better if they cleaned it up and refined it. It's simply too bloated now.

GNUstep

KDE

I tried it but it's not to my taste. Automounting didn't work, the session/display manager kept being weird, half the time after waking up from sleep my PC would just instantly sleep again, KDE Connect worked once then never managed to establish a connection to my phone again, and 144Hz would fuck up every time my display turned off into standby mode forcing me to switch to 60Hz and back to fix it.

That's off the top of my head. Also the window manager is pretty shitty and looks bad (for me), so initially I planned on replacing it but seeing everything else was so hit or miss I decided I might as well configure the stuff I actually want (like the ACPI handled for sleeping) myself and get rid of KDE entirely.

None at all.
Use OpenBox window manager. It's pretty much the same experience as a desktop environment, minus the bloat that is a "desktop" and minus a shitty panel. And more lightweight.

KDE is based. Plasma5 was a bit buggy when it first came out out, four years ago. But it's matured a lot. Currently the only De would use.

a bit is an understatement

I like it. Haven't had any of these numerous bugs that people go on about and I'm using the bleeding edge version of it. KDE does have a lot of stupid defaults, though, but the good news is that practically everything can be customized to your preferences.
144hz is indeed an issue. I had to basically force it in kwinrc.

Attached: Screenshot_20181005_215054.jpg (2560x1440, 1.2M)

>looks so comfy.

it's NOT a meme

it takes up some resources but scales those resources effectively. I use it on my desktop

MATE

It's not that hard to install it and try it out. Everyone is different so you have to experiment to find what works for you. When I say experiment I'm not talking about goiyng drugs and sucking dicks either. What works for you will change as the years go by, so now you might like KDE, and in a year you might get married and have kids and in a decade you might leave your wife for a man. What I'm saying is, OP is a faggot

Xfce

When ever it gets a new major release it is a meme for about a year and a half, but after that it is pretty good.

used kde for half a year now coming from i3 (because i3 on anything with multi monitor or resolution at or higher than 1080p sucks)
their polkit implementation is horrible.
other than that, it's pretty nice.

Attached: C2A54C18-08D5-46D9-9C8F-5CC1B34BE886.png (518x412, 174K)

hands down it's unity

90% of the comlpaints about KDE are due to the way your distro implements it. On Gentoo I have no issues. On CentOS (needed for work) I have a few complaints but nothing that can't be overcome or lived with. Tried Gnome for a while and found it to be an unwieldy POS.

Easily Xfce.

Plasma+i3wm