/JHG/ - Job Hunt General

ITT: post your Jow Forums-related tech or IT job hunt stories, frustrations, rants, no-callbacks, misleading job descriptions, tips, etc

I'll Start:
> We like your resume and your skills but we'd like to keep your resume on file

Attached: job-interview-1024x652.jpg (1024x652, 77K)

Why does Jow Forums x replace the "Post" button with a "Submit" button.
Submission is for gays and women?

Attached: 41THEuPwUFL.jpg (400x400, 27K)

This isn’t crypto tho

Job !== Business, you low 50 IQ retard

You're having a job in a business. Now go back to your containment board.

Things I've learned from life:

The Internet, email, & ESPECIALLY HR SOFTWARE COMPANIES are an excuse for working ppl to dump your resume into a black hole & give you a false pretense that they'll look at your shit when they won't; even if it passes the ATS

On every software based recruiting platform, whether workday or greenhouse or whatever else, they have the ability to put someone on bullshit statuses like "under review/review" , "in process" and anything else of the sort; and literally never ever take one look at your resume

Many employees responsible for hiring use a tactic where they list a job on LinkedIn for several weeks or months and then take it down. Then immediately put back the same job up after taking the old one down. Sometimes they repeat this shit 8+ times as an excuse that the job process is hard. When in actuality, they already have someone specific in mind (i.e. relative, friend, fuckbuddy, immigrant with reference cushion etc).

Many hiring agencies just lap at your dick to take your resume & sit on it for whatever amount of months (sometimes a year) they dictate in their agreement to you as a user and customer for them. Others scam you by stealing your info and selling it to third parties while doing jack shit.

If any human as entered a job over you, it's usually they got in b/c they're a friend, relative, or bent over (both genders) for someone inside.

Diversity is a sham that helps legally viewed minorities (which aren't really minorities) get jobs

Diversity really isn't an advocate for black, Latino, and women demographics; it's for the black, Latino, and women who have no skills to use the diversity shit as an excuse when they have a referral in the inside because of nepotism and/or cronyism. Meanwhile the minorities with hard work and no connections with their dignity still intact don't get the jobs. No such thing as black or women power; it's a blood bath

I wish I would die a quick sweet death to end my misery.

So I can’t work full time due to being a full time student. I work part time at a coding camp for kids.

This shit is kinda shady. They ask us specifically to not use a curriculum and to go for a “social and fun” setting rather than “academic”.

So what’s the point of the institution? No one is teaching kids how to actually program. They just make random shit in scratch all day.

That's most "universities" nowadays

Just make your money and fuck off home

Have a great GitHub portfolio, get a referral, practice your leetcode and you'll make huge money in the bay.

Makes sense. If a kid says they had fun at camp, parents will believe them and possibly recommend the camp to friends, bringing more money for you guys.

And kids don't know what they want, so the safest choice is to give them a good experience

This is painful to read... I try to be hopeful but it actually makes sense.

Attached: 1524061150423.jpg (800x807, 340K)

>company congratulated me for passing everything
>gave me a "closing interview" where company rules/policies/benefits/my starting date are discussed.
>They told me that we would talk about my "finalized" salary on the next call so I could begin.
>They didn't call

I wish there was a law that would penalize companies who put up bullshit like these.

What bay? SF area? Nah dude its next to impossible to score a job there

>bay area
>of all the places on earth's anus
>bay area

Graduated with a 4.0 from MIT. Never had a problem with getting jobs.

They actually give a fuck about your education in the US? Where I live I have never been asked that question on any interviews. I'm an android developer.

>3 years ago. Mediocre skillset. Got a job easily
>Today. Full-stack skillset. HR "impressed" with said skillset. Still didn't get hired

I have no idea what the fuck are they trying to look for

Where you live you also don't make 200k right out of college. Sure you can find some bumfuck companies who don't care about your education and take anyone, but your coworkers will write shit code.

>Where you live you also don't make 200k right out of college.
Well that's true.

>interviewee answers question immediately gives stackverflow optimal answer
>”Wow! I can’t believe you’ve never seen the problem before, no ones ever solved it that quick. Why don’t you just prove your algorithm is correct now”
>interviewee sweats and spills spaghetti everywhere
Happens all the time

Isn’t MIT out of 5.0? I thought a 4.0 was average there.

kek

say what you want but advertising a job is a brilliant way to hoard resumes and personal data.

Probably because it's the default label for an
Also the default label is localized by the browser, so it will be "Envoyer" in a french browser.

>I have no idea what the fuck are they trying to look for
Many just want to waste your time when they have someone in mind like Mentioned