Why can't boomers just fucking learn to use techhnology?

>be boomer
>have a fucking desktop PC/laptop/phone for probably two fucking decades by now
>STILL cannot do the simplest of tasks
>CAN'T SEND A FUCKING EMAIL

Attached: 3454.png (763x720, 552K)

If you ever manage to get someone to tolerate you long enough to have kids, I hope they turn out exactly like you.

You useless shitstain...

why are you hanging around people over 60? what the fuck is wrong with you?

He probably works with them

Oh look it's the inevitiable divorce-let or parent-let that always comes into these threads here to remind us all that we should "respect rur elders because a bloo bloo bloo muh mum muh dad died"

kys

Attached: d60e8db695d8d0566807b078d4d2b6edc799b9cf5335b0ada7edab52b9de503a[1].jpg (2048x1365, 237K)

Why don't _you_ hang out with people over 60?

if he's working in a care home you would think he had a little fucking patience.

Attached: 1444834474758 (2).webm (1920x1080, 265K)

>kys
Maybe, but I'm taking you and perhaps your entire family with me.

Come on, user, it'll be fun! Well, for me anyway...

i don't know how to use a phone and i don't plan to learn

That or he’s talking about his parents, either way the same applies

Defending stupidity doesn't make you look mature, user.

ow

It can work both ways, I remember my grandfather getting given a laptop and me teaching him how to browse the net and send email.

Picked it up straight away. Turns out he was an RAF teletype operator for a while during the war, once he got used to the keyboard he could do >100wpm easily.

Had great times with him explaining to me all the old teletype slang/memes/acronyms etc.

cringe

Your grandfather isn't a boomer, so of course he can actually use technology. It's not an age thing. People over 70 are actually willing to learn and remember.

>how DARE those boomers not pay for digital distribution
you subhumans that pay for digital distribution are mentally ill

you're spot on now that I think about it, all the really 'old' people I know/knew get on perfectly well with tech. It is literally just baby boomers that seem to have issues.

A boomer would have been 30 in 1980 you fucking retard.

>Helping boomer with phone at work
>He says it's full of ads that pop up
>He also says that he can't find the app store
>Unironically has the CNN app on his phone
>Also has Tumblr for some reason
>Google Play was disabled
He also touches the laptop screen to point at things.

>puts "the" in front of Windows/Microsoft/Google/whatever
>mixes up OS, browser, disk partition, and even website constantly (e.g. "user my MSN crashed and I can't log in" when he was typing in the wrong password to log onto windows)
>key presses held down over a second, sometimes 2 seconds (this annoys me the most)
>still thinks that the more stuff you have on your HDD the slower it gets, doesn't understand the concept of RAM
>if his shit PC from the early 2000s takes more than 3 seconds to load something, it's "crashed" and "it broke again"

Attached: 8564224348.jpg (234x250, 10K)

>>still thinks that the more stuff you have on your HDD the slower it gets, doesn't understand the concept of RAM

well that is one of the reasons why a PC might get slower

Why can't zoomers just fucking learn to use technology?

Exhibit A.

Attached: ba74954dde74ff40a32ff58069e78c36.png (1200x630, 83K)

discord is only good at talking about shit. steam chat is pretty good for vidya and doesn't chew up as much RAM as Discord.

Our legal counsel would be around 40 and literally can't use email. He sits there dictating to his PA. If she calls in sick, he's totally off the air.

new steam chat is an electron app

I use what I want to and don't use useless crap. Social media is a cancer and most apps on my phone are crap. Been using gentoo for years and am a full-time developer for commercial linux software.
t. 62-year old boomer

>He also touches the laptop screen to point at things
there should be death sentence for this

>that 20yr sooner who can't figure out file structures
>complains his pc is full when there's no more room for shortcuts on the desktop

Attached: 1536106099024.gif (931x682, 426K)

They didn't have computers when they grew up and learning becomes harder as you get older.
Better question: why can't Millennials learn to use technology? - they are even less tech savvy than boomers.

>Dad wants to reinstall windows
>Give him a USB drive to put the iso on
>Takes him a full day to boot off it
>Somehow takes him 4 more to fully install windows.
Shoulda just told him to boot off the USB drive first and just install ubuntu mate..

My boomer mom still double-clicks hyperlinks.
She also type "www." in front of web addresses.

Early design decisions were a mistake.

>Those boomers who call both RAM and storage "memory" and then get confused when you try to explain the difference.

they're both memory. One is volatile and uses a different technology but that changes nothing.

Leave Oklahoma out of this you kike.

Anyone else starting to notice that boomers still in employment who are arrogant retards about tech are now starting to get their comeuppance?

I'm seeing old dudes starting to get canned because they can't comprehend an outlook calendar invite, good riddance

Why would you want to waste your root A record on a web server?

This
>mfw the guy in the adjacent cubicle (60-year-old Vietnamese immigrant) learned to send text messages on his phone only a few months ago, after being taught by a coworker (27-year-old vegan [spoiler]thot[/spoiler])
>they're both civil engineers, so they're both supposed to be smart

Just because kids can't deal with the real details of tech - not the programs/applications, but the guts of hardware and Oses - doesn't validate your opinion.

how about my mom then

>spend a minute one-finger-typing, looking at the keyboard for each letter, www.google.com into the address bar (from which you can perform Google searches directly)
>then types Google into the fucking search field once www.google.com has been presented

ungh

I think we're starting to come back round on all this to be honest

We hired a lot of zoomers at work and they have genuine difficulty using ms office. At least they can use google but they seem to struggle beyond 'point and click' mechanisms

>Why can't boomers just fucking learn to use techhnology?

Lol it's kinda funny that you think that zoomers actually know how to use technology. They are completely clueless to everything outside of opening apps and taking pictures on their smartphone

Nobody cares about hardware in the real world dude, nobody's expecting anyone to swap out a broken harddrive

Because that's where almost all internet traffic comes from?
Because you can easily put a simple website and loads of other stuff on the same server?

But that's besides the point.
Fact is 99.9999999999% of websites don't require "www" and those that do are made by some retarded aspie so not worth to visit.

Depends on your context. The real world throws shit at you that you'd never expect. Ignorance is no excuse to perpetuate shitty service, inferior performance, or ability to think out of the box. Fucking kids...

This is true. Whether we're talking raw or proportional numbers, I get more support calls from 20-somethings than from any other decade age range.

Go to youtube.com

hownew.ru

you laugh, but when I was tech support it went like this
>"no user, this computer thing is too hard and it's too late for me to learn"
however every single one was an Ace on their smartphone. I just don't understand at all.

not:

>type "google" in search/address bar
>type entire domain name in google search field
>click first result

>civil engineers, so they're both supposed to be smart
lol that's literally the most brainlet profession in the world. I bet women studies require more braincells than fucking civil engineering.

>Go to youtube.com

Works fine.
Sure it re-directs to www.youtube.com but I don't have to type it out myself.

And consider it takes my mom about 5 seconds to type out "www.", which is a considerable amount of time given how much she has left on this earth.

Except my parents are alive and well and I love both of them equally. They may be technologically illiterate but they have other skills or knowledge of things that I don't have. The chances of you having surpassed them in every single way are very, very slim and the sad fact is that if you think you have, you're most likely just a deluded brainlet who is too stupid to realize his ineptitude.

Spot on.

yeah relative scientific knowledge has gone up but social knowledge has gone down. its fucked up to think there may be a balance to it.

>that 18yr bloomer who can't figure out discrete structures and numerical analysis

Attached: epic hacker.gif (640x480, 1.26M)

>If she calls in sick, he's totally off the air
That's how it should be though.

That would be a baby boomer.

He's probably happier than you'll ever be.

>Be boomer
>Go to close Word after a long day of typing at 2 WPM
>Hit close button
>Message pops up asking to save
>IMMEDIATELY CLOSE MESSAGE
>Hit close again
>Message comes up again
>Close message immediately
>"user the computer's not working again!"

What you think of as knowledge is only rote learning. Software is no longer written to be self documenting to the user ( ex. Menu driven with descriptive names, easy access to immediate help, hotkeys written beside command in menu)

Instead modern uis are shit. Gesture driven?! Hell I shake my phone to turn on the flash as a flashlight. There is no way to carry knowledge forward from system to system anymore, it is just magic knowledge of details.

I got stuck in front of a win 8.1 desktop and struggled for a min or two to get a functional browser open. I am sure I would struggle for a while if I had to use a mac. - who knows the magic use of the ?command? key with single button mouse.

That 60 year old engineer maybe could bust out some FORTRAN structural analysis code if you stuck him on a vt100 and send email just fine with elm.

You get what you pay for. Next time, hire me.

Speaking of old, I hear banks etc have a big problem now with less and less people knowing how the fuck their old programming language shit works.