Good luck auditing your hardware for backdoors. What's that?

Good luck auditing your hardware for backdoors. What's that?
You don't have a spare xray machine lying around?
You don't have a spare microscope?
You don't have a spec for your motherboard or your processor?
You don't have a working knowledge of modern hardware?
You don't have the time?
Let me guess, you haven't even bothered to read the kernel source.
Well, well, well, forget about privacy then.

Attached: audit_this.gif (1900x654, 1.04M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Management_Engine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 10.32.21 PM.png (688x1340, 734K)

Actually I DO have all of that, AND the spare time.

>if you don't have a shower curtain you should also remove your draps and front door
It takes an extra special kind of retard to say something that stupid. What a mental midget you are. Goddamn.

It's best to give up and accept that privacy is a sentiment of bygone men.

You must be making a killing with all that knowledge.

Reply to me again on the biggest spy networks around.

how does it even work? hey my bandwidth utilization is spiking and the OS firewall says "hey no problem", or the third-party firewall says "hey no problem it's a trusted process", and the hardware allows it out - is tcp established still a thing?

>hey network guy check your logs
>our logs don't go back that far

I've accepted this fact long ago, and it does not bother me, because it protects me from sick pedophiles who will rape my children through the computer screen!!11!!1

Attached: bart.jpg (480x360, 46K)

Honestly - Jow Forums suffers from misplaced "common sense".
Jow Forums thinks common sense will save it from viruses, but doesn't understand difference between posting all personal information on facebook and being spied by a pajeet from microsoft, who processes 50k pictures a day (there's a documentary about it. the documentary was aired in Poland and north euro and other western euro countries. guess why it wasn't in the usa?). The pajeet doesn't connect a picture of anime girl to you personally. Facebook, discord and other small shit that steal your data - they do. Also this chip is a threat to industries and government. Do you really think winnie the pooh need any of your anime pictures of budgeting xls files? Even DC is more likely, but do you do banking on phone or a cheap chink tablet?

link to documenary

Shut up faggot.

when even british intel service comes out and says its not true
you know the bullshit level has reached cts labs level
the only thing we need to hear now who was the speculator that made money in the backs of supermicro

There are some videos on "social media moderators" or more precise "social media content reviewers". I don't know if you'll find the specific I watched this summer as it's probably on 25th+ page of event listing of local university. It was shown that they basically click - good / bad on thousands of pictures and videos they're shown and they usually go crazy. I think you'd have to do something really extreme to trigger them to stop and push your specific anime picture for further review.

You don't see how collecting dirt on people might be used against them in the future? What about future leaders who might be blackmailed by foreign states?
>"British intel service"
Ok.jpg

thanks you very much that may work

i don't think he was dismissing chinese spying, he was just stating that domestic spying is handled by other means

>Use Intel that are known to be backdoored by US govt
>Use AMD that are probably too
>USE VIA that are bacdoored by chinks
>Use an operating system that is backdoored by everyone and their mother
>Use a smartphone that is listening and watching you all he time
>Use an ISP that is monitored by the govt
>somehow a foreign nation on the other side of the planet backdooring you too is big news

If I were you I would worry more about your domestic agencies than somebody far away.

future leaders know better than posting on facebook their lunch. you're not a future leader. if they post their lunch it's staged in a secure manner. you don't have to worry about photos of your puppy saved on microsofts cloud. you have to worry what people will see. or what rouge small company can do. example: discord and the store that linus worked in.

that's different from hardware spyware designed to spy on the top secret data that has international meaning.
I'm not a future leader, at best I'd be a future popular designer, you're not a future leader or working in a international industry either. your javascript is of no use to any government.

I dont get how such a tiny thing can perform so much backdoor action etc. Wouldnt all sorts of fucking main lines from components be going through this thing?

It's chinks spying on you not luminescent CIA african americans.

>everyone with knowledge around the matter is lying
>bloomberg is not

hi,

everyone's mother is knocking on the backdoor can you let them in? you may have been AFK

It's not really about domestic or foreign surveillance. It's about being able to audit your hardware. So far all replies have been, What about this other issue? No, the real issue is that we don't have a mechanism to verify these parts. The only course of action is to accept that being snooped on is the only mode of operation when it comes to computers.

shouldn't you be able to set up a packet sniffer and have some mechanism to save traffic that isn't allowed for a specific host? it would be a lot of work but if ur in that position....

i suppose i should say - it can be verified but, as a day to day IT worker, is it worth it, at the cost of other security. as you say, the answer is no

More like everyone's mother is already living rent free in your house and you can't kick them out anyway. Why care if one more comes or goes when there's 20 of them already?

Good luck auditing the CPU architecture for built in spyware.
Everybody uses Intel which has a built in NSA computer that is remotly accessible and has level 0 acces to everyting and nobody gives a fuck.

Because spyware is unescapable at this point.

Stuff like Intel's Management Engine isn't seen by the computer so that wouldn't work. It runs even lower than ring 0.

it's been a while since i thought about these things in domestic products but it's a good reminder

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Management_Engine