The best GNU/Linux distro in terms of just general usability? I'm gonna try one in VM so sell me the best one

The best GNU/Linux distro in terms of just general usability? I'm gonna try one in VM so sell me the best one.

Attached: img723483.jpg (667x397, 34K)

gentoo

Linux Mint

Xubuntu with compton

fpbp

I reckon Kubuntu works well if you just want a general purpose OS. Never tried it myself but it looks fine.

sounds like you use windows at the moment.
so Im gonna say Kubuntu / KDE Neon.

Manjaro,dont be a pussy

KDE Neon or openSUSE Tumbleweed

Why the fuck try Linux on a fucking VM?
You lose most of the performance boost, just make a partition of 30gb and run it directly

>general usability
Debian, if you don't use proprietary software. Otherwise, try Ubuntu or Xubuntu. XFCE is the best DE.

if you install a KDE distro, make sure to run
sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda bs=8M

after install to make sure the compositing engine is on to avoid any tearing due to lack of vsync, it will ask for your password btw, kind of like those prompts you get on windows to install shit

good luck linux is pretty comfy once you get used to it

stupid bait, this will wipe your system

don't listen to this kike he's trying to make you stick to windows

fucking jew

The jokes on them, I dual boot, they just wiped my Windows 10 partition.

Thanks bro, now I can go back to Win 7.

Attached: BsFpyjwCIAABhOA.png (546x562, 201K)

The real question for OP is whether he should be executing commands as the superuser without understanding them.

REAL ANSWER COMING THRU

debian stable

Fuck off Ubuntu niggers.

Is the installation process any better these days?
Last time I looked it involved burning 4 DVDs, following a 10MB text file as instructions, and only having the option of installing through a text interface.

its very streamlined nowadays. certainly not as pretty an installer as ubuntu's installer, but it just werks.

unironically this

>implying ubuntu isn't great for a dumb nigger
it was only a suggestion for OP

the netinst is like 300MB, and if you need the nonfree drivers (for wifi, etc) there's a community netinst iso that's only a little bit bigger
there is a graphical and text based install, both of which are pretty easy

Don't support the Amazon botnet here.

hello user from 2 years ago

It still does it.

Mint Xfce

>"hello user from 2 years ago"
>current version ships with the amazon app

Debian stable with xfce. Requires a bit of work to get up to date packages for firefox and other programs, but it's fast, tweakable, easy on memory and great for older machines in general.
I use it on my T60 and i wholeheartedly recommend it!

I wish XFCE had more specific programs for itself like Gnome and KDE do.

then dont use it, its not inside dash anymore

really? this is why I don't like gnome and kde, because they try to force their own programs down your throat
that said I can understand since like they all have the same aesthetic or whatever

Yeah, I see what you mean. Gnome comes very bloated with unnecessary programs. The thing is xfce doesn't even ship with a calculator. Not only that, but you can tell the debian guys don't really care as much about xfce as they do about gnome (which makes sense, because of the whole GNU thing), so you get things like the report bug program straight up not working unless through the terminal.

I really like xfce. It's by far the best DE. I just wish it was given the attention and work it deserves.
That being said, maybe it's better that it doesn't get too much attention. Otherwise it might end up like gnome.

The eternal Jew is out in force today lads and ladies. Tails if you want to use Linux for it's true purpose

Attached: here's Arch!.jpg (1100x618, 257K)

forever this

i second these. alternatively, ubuntu.

manjaro is pretty retard proof

KysOS

I can't speak for Neon, but Kubuntu can be buggy as hell with a Nvidia card. Just throwing that out there in case...

you can blame nvidia for that

>he needs a whole seperate process for fixing screen tearing

Ok,should I just pretend Wayland isn't a steaming pile of shit,too?