/spg/ - Smartphone General

Moto G7 Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: Moto-G7-5K3_dgbmzm.jpg (4034x2601, 499K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xda-developers.com/oneplus-6t-no-wireless-charging-water-resistant-no-ip-rating/
youtube.com/watch?v=eqTdbmlg9cc
aliexpress.com/item/botnet-phone/32923595522.html
samsungpromotions.com/support/faq/galaxyupgrade.html
slickdeals.net/f/12108082-samsung-trade-in-program-verizon-financing-stack-able-offer
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/02/lg-extends-warranty-to-30-months-for-those-affected-by-bootloop-issue/
youtube.com/watch?v=L5VWWba0coY
kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Will oneplus 6t have wireless charging?

No
xda-developers.com/oneplus-6t-no-wireless-charging-water-resistant-no-ip-rating/

Is the xs more secure than the xs max

I want a phone that is all glass. Does souch a thing exist? I know for repairability it would be -100/10 but I don't really give a fuck about repairs when I upgrade my phone every 3 years anyways.

Why would it be?

October 6, year 2018. The Moto G5 still hasn't received Android 8. Meanwhile, some phones are already running Android 9.

based pajeet moto user who wants the latest operating system poster

>pajeet
Excuse me, you fucking faggot. but I'm not a smelly poojeet. Why, I am just a good ol yuropoor.

any good android app for monitoring CPU usage of each app installed on the device?
i am trying to find out which app is causing my phone overheating

>in b4 buy a new one goy

If it's overheating then that's a hardware problem.

Best case I've bought. Dropped my s8 today in a uag case. Didn't even make a scratch on the device or even the case itself

Best non-official wireless charging pad? Have 2 iPhone X and 1 Samsung S9 in my family.

WHY THE FUCK DOES IT HAVE A SMILEY FACE CAMERA I HATE IT SO MUCH

Most new smartphones are glass on the front and back, with a metal frame. Don't know any models that are completely glass.

i tried reboot the phone in safe mode (which disables all non-preinstalled apps) and it does not overheat

that is what i am asking for you dumb retarded prick...

Attached: 🤦🏿‍♂️.jpg (100x100, 2K)

Literally every flagship phone from the past few years then

I AM ASKING FOR A FUCKING ALL GLASS PHONE INCLUDING THE FUCKING FRAME YOU RETARDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD OMG...

Attached: 😡.png (942x661, 482K)

Doesn't exist

You literally cannot assemble an all glass phone, you dumb cunt

are you pretending?

>being this new

What the fuck OP6T?

Attached: 1511991054952.png (617x498, 157K)

HTC

Looking to buy a phone after literally never having one because of being a social recluse. I only really want it to have the basic shit all the phones these days have, access to text apps, simple camera for pics of cats, Discord, Steam, GPS, listening to audio through earbuds, etc. while being not overpriced (money is a non-issue, but not a fan of buying the stuff with specs I don't use anyway). Would prefer it to be sturdy, have solid battery life and at least last me 4-5 years.

>please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Netherlands, dunno, see above.

I've decided that the S9+ may just be the best phone on the market right now. Inb4
>Botnet
No alternative without root
>Uhm iPhone sweetie
It's sluggish and limited
>Chinkphone
Everyonebechink.7zip
>Penis2xl
Camera is subjectively better in certain circumstance sure
>Size
Manlet
>TouchWiz
Yes it's gay but giving up on features for stock is limpwristed
>Slow updates
Yes, however, they're stable and you don't NEED the latest updates constantly.
Here's what it does have
>Quick charging
>Wireless charging
>Headphone jack
>No notch
>topnotch display
>3500mAh
>6Gb of ram
>Top phone in the biz

Prove me wrong

Attached: 1534401155377.jpg (512x910, 140K)

What phone? U11 and U12 both have a metal frame

Pocophone

Redmi 5
Note 5
Pocophone

I went for the XZ3 instead.

Cheaper than the Samsung, comes with WH-1000MX3 headphones and no touchjizz.

The camera is worse, but I have an A9 sony so its all gucci.

Sorry Achmed.

Thanks anons.

is rugged smartphones a meme? i genuinely want to buy pic related just so i can feel safer when i drop it, also battery capacity looks nice. don't care about camera and muh games. any drawbacks?

Attached: 1528685910732966433.jpg (400x400, 26K)

I want a small (by current standards at least - no more than 5.5" if the screen is 16:9) phone with good endurance for reading/browsing via WiFi. Gaming performance I don't care about absolutely (never played a mobile game in my PC master race life). It also should have a headphone jack.

What user thinks about Xperia XA2? Are there other smallish phones notable for their battery life?

Can /spg/ tell me why Samsung fans insist that the new "Samsung Experience" skin is no longer a laggy mess when in real life it's still slow and bloated?

youtube.com/watch?v=eqTdbmlg9cc

Has anyone ever ttied a browser called FOSS browser? I'm kind of liking my first 2 hours so far. Is there something I should know about it?

>Price
>Curved edges
>Glass back
None of these are advantages, but at least the price will drop eventually. Strangely enough, out of all new Samsung flagships, only the S9/Plus has custom ROM support and not just debloated TouchWiz builds.

Mi A2 Lite too big? It's 5.84" but 19:9 with a notch, physically it's around the same size or smaller than 5.5" 16:9 phones (149.3mm x 71.7mm). Battery is 4000mah and the Snapdragon 625 is still one of the most power efficient SoCs around so battery life is very good.

If you want something really compact then consider a XZ1 Compact. The battery is just 2700mah, but thanks to the small 4.6" display, 720p resolution and good optimization by Sony the phone gets great battery life.

corporate use

I want a dumbphone that will allow me to do the following:
>text and make calls
>take relatively-quality pictures
>take notes
Preferably
>digital keyboard
>relatively small
Can't have any extra sensors/fingerprint readers/gyroscopes/whatever the fuck. GPS acceptable but interested in ones without it. Verizon USA

Is there a difference in the software?

Hey /spg/ what's a good app for general news without Google's AMP garbage?

Yes, rugged phones are a meme, just get a regular phone and a good case for it. Many phones have rugged cases available for them. The specs on rugged phones are bad compared to similarly priced non-rugged phones, and most rugged phones are made by literally who chink companies so the software is buggy, you don't get any Android updates and hardware issues are common.

>headphone jack on the top
Glad they learned their lesson

>you don't get any Android updates
As opposed to what, Samsung where you still don't get any Android updates?

>Samsung is the only non rugged android OEM
fucking hell, do some research for fuck's sake

Samsung might be slow with updates but they do actually update their phones.

So I'm finally going to need to upgrade to a smartphone from my old nokia 6630, but I am lost as fuck when it comes to knowing what to know and look for when it comes to buying or comparing smartphones.

Is there an user-approved Jow Forums pastebin or a general guide that I could follow for buying smartphones?

Attached: nokia_6630.png (440x310, 147K)

Start by answering the questions in the OP
>If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

is this the xiaomi mi mix going to be released this month?

Yeah, October 15

Attached: 005L5cwkly1fvua057i90j307h0c8wfl.jpg (269x440, 36K)

Someone might like this

aliexpress.com/item/botnet-phone/32923595522.html

Is xposed dead? No updates at all since january

Attached: 1522016865454.jpg (397x400, 22K)

>original brand NEW
it's a great price if they're new, but I have a hard time believing that

>WE HAVE TO CUT CORNERS TO SAVE YOU MONEY
>closer to the $600-$700 mark every year
What's the point of oneplus anymore?

Good deal for burgers wanting a new Samsung phone:
>Double your trade-in value, up to $600, when you upgrade to aGalaxy Note9,S9+, or S9
samsungpromotions.com/support/faq/galaxyupgrade.html

It's also stackable with other offers:
>Samsung just started their 'double your trade-in value' program. They do this maybe two or three times a year.
>Basically they give you more money for the devices you trade in, as long as you trade it in towards the purchase of their S9, S9+ or Note 9.
>Trade-in Values can be up to $600 off the purchase of the above phones, depending on the device you trade in.
>However, the extra bonus here is if you choose an unlocked S9 or S9+ you will get another $100 off instantly during check out.
>And if you are on Verizon and doing this deal. Verizon is giving you another $100 (S9, S9+) or $200 (Note 9) off if you finance through their program, 0% interest. This comes as credits per month.
>So if you have an S8 ($400 trade in value) and you want a 128gb Note 9 ($999 retail) on Verizon and trade it in, you will be financing a total cost of $399.99 for the Note 9.
>If you have a Unidays discount and decide to do Verizon Financing (Verizon Device Payment Program), they give you $215 off ($200 in bill credits, $15 off for Unidays).
>Trade in a top tier phone of $600 and it puts the Note 9 at $185 or $7.71/month.
slickdeals.net/f/12108082-samsung-trade-in-program-verizon-financing-stack-able-offer

Frens, at this price, should I get a 2 years old 128 GB pixel xl, or a 2 months old 128GB Mi A2?

Lg v20 t mobile version just got the oreo update!

Why does it matter when it will inevitably bootloop?

The v10 bootloops, the v20 actually doesnt.

okay. and what exactly is a laggy mess in your posted video? it shows, that the exynos soc is a bit slower than the SD845. But I see nothing laggy?

LG disagrees with you. And there goes the last generation of phones with removable batteries.
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/02/lg-extends-warranty-to-30-months-for-those-affected-by-bootloop-issue/

Oh well, its been 2 years lets see how long this phone last. Sad none of the newer flagship phones have a removable battery.

Before this, I thought it would be nice if Lenovo updates Moto design similar to like other notchless smartphone but they instead went full notch. WTF

marketing to make you buy the most expensive iphone.

cringe

Old phone syndrome. Fuck it, all phones have the old phone syndrome, my nexuses were no longer as fast as they used to be.

I've had a thought, why can't they make replaceable batteries like sim tray slots if they love the all metal/glass construction so much. Something like the G5 but you use a pin ejector for better waterproofing

planned obsolesence my son, just taje a look at Samsung for the best example of it

>comes with WH-1000MX3
Damn thats pretty good, care to share where to get it ?

At least one device offers easier access to the internals.
youtube.com/watch?v=L5VWWba0coY

kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones
Play around with the options till you find some that you like then add it to comparison list to compare or post list here to ask for opinions.
>Price
>SD slot
>Audio jack
>Processor (Qualcomm SnapDragon more likely to get custom roms support)
>Battery (>3k mAh)

That would require a fuckhuge hole in the frame which would be a legitimate problem for structural integrity

I seriously don't get the call for swappable batteries. We're having phone new with 4000mAh batteries now that charge in 30 to one and a half hours. Not only is carrying a spare one around a pain in the ass, it's not required. And planned obsolence isn't an issue either since for many phones the only thing that stops you from replacing it if capacity goes down are two screws.

Swapping batteries takes under a minute. Charging isn't fast enough to replace this yet, plus a powerbank or plug is a bigger pain in the ass than carrying one or two batteries which can easily fit in your wallet. Whole day batteries last but the issue of being able to use the phone still happens when it runs out of juice.

DON'T USE IOS
DON'T USE ANDROID

THEY RECORD EVERYTHING YOU SAY. THEY GIVE PERMISSION TO YOUR APPS TO DO THE SAME.

The Moto G5S has.

>size
>advantage
dude, 4'8" girls take 10" dildos up their ass all the time, that hasn't anything do to with your hand size or shoulder-to-hips ratio or anything, it's about wanting to have 7" vibrators all the time in your hands.

big, if true.

If you have to use your phone a lot you are more than likely in a position to hang it on a charger for 30 to 90 minutes at least once per day. If it has to be quick newer dash charge systems give you more than half of your battery capacity in 10 minutes. Swappable abtteries offering a tangible advantage just isn't a thing for the vast majority of consumers. Which is why it doesn't make it into products anymore.

is the one plus 6 still a good deal or I should wait for the new one plus 6t?

>should wait for the new one plus 6t?
see

Also
>Carrying a few batteries which you can easily fit into your wallet
What kind of wallet are you using? Batteries of modern smartphones aren't the size of a Nokia 3310s one and I'd have a hard time fitting that into my wallet too since it's easily as thick as 6 credit cards

AFAIK it's a Dutch only promotion.

Just got my redmeme note 5 and holy shit it's huge.
Is it normal for it to get a bit warm tho?

Btw should I update to MIUI?

Yea boi

Recommend me a good phone with a headphone jack and no notch that's not fuckhuge

oh wait, such a thing DOES NOT EXIST IN 2018
might as well just buy a S9 and deal with the bloat+bixby button+glass back+curved glass bullshittery.

Why couldn't fucking Sony just keep the headphone jack for the XZ2? Fucking japanese faggots.

Attached: 1508960271116.jpg (491x493, 42K)

is Alldocube any good? was thinking of backing their kikestarter but seeing countless other tech crowdfund things come to naught has me pessimistic
only other recent oled tablet would be the tab s4 which seems like it had more focus and dev time put into making fortnite run rather than making dex useful

XZ1 Compact

planning to get note 8

Redmeme Note 5

you should plan on getting some rope

>4,6", not even full HD, ugly design

I'd rather buy the normal XZ1

it's gigantic, user.

Moto something something

Moto X4 then

why

if i have to spell it out, it'll ruin the surprise

>it's gigantic, user.
Take a look at the Mi Max 3. No, it's not gigantic.

whats it?