What does Jow Forums think about this program?

What does Jow Forums think about this program?

I just discovered it and well..... How much cpu/ram needs to run without affecting performance?

Attached: Rainmeter.png (512x512, 17K)

Why would you use it?

Performance hit is negligible, don't worry about it. It will take 0% of your CPU.

it's very good. i recommend it.

Attached: notabotnet.jpg (957x641, 59K)

I though it would be cool to have some system information directly on the desktop

I remember when pretty much everyone on Jow Forums used it back in 2011-2013 or so. I even used it myself at one point. I don't think it used much CPU time or memory at all.

It's cool for about 3 hours until you realize if you're actually using your computer, you won't be seeing your desktop

Do you really stare at disktops without windows?

You can get terminal with HTOP to stare at instead.

Not while browsing web though. Have you seen how Jow Forums browses web? It's all tiled, nothing is fullscreen.

Tiling only makes sense if it's used full screen.
t. Someone who uses bug.n on a 42" screen

kek

Depends, I actually use a skin as taskbar remplacement and another one as custom start menu

I've also been using a skin as a taskbar replacement for the last few years, it's handy for seeing abnormal cpu / network usage etc
The thing that gives Rainmeter a bad image is when people can't control themselves and try to meter everything in everyway all over their desktop.
You can actually do some cool stuff, like I made a skin that gives me visual feedback of what buttons do what at any given time in a game that I configured custom inputs for using an xbox pad.

Fucken this when I see pic related on deviant art I just want to puke

Attached: rainmeter_by_overmind23-d6ph2xc.png (1024x577, 1.08M)

It's cool for screenshots but otherwise useless

is there anything else I can use to keep notes on my desktop?

nothing else I tried stays visible when I minimize everything button (I don't want it to be always on top either obviously)

Attached: wangblows.jpg (1920x1080, 549K)

Set your skin position to "On desktop"

well I already use rainmeter for what I described and it works just fine

I was just wondering whether there's another (simpler) piece of software that would allow me to achieve identical functionality

it's just that using rainmeter only for note taking feels a lot like getting combine harvester to mow the lawn

i feel 2003 again. i remember spending weeks trying to pimp my objectdock and rainmeter

Oh, I didn't understood it like that. Idk then.
Btw, gib paper please.

Attached: 1.jpg (1920x1080, 293K)

Thx man

Attached: 1530917478087.jpg (462x500, 46K)

i use it, has all my pertinent system information displayed instead of having to search for it, also has weather, and an rss feeder
great program

Attached: 3.jpg (410x226, 34K)

As long as its minimalistic and serves a purpose. Otherwise you get this.

Attached: 1lqpgy9hcsuy.jpg (1600x900, 294K)

It's DWM for grown ups.

pls rate? It's still a WiP so colors and paper are subject to change. I plan also to skin the windows frames with windowsblind after

Attached: Webp.net-compress-image.jpg (1920x1080, 1.47M)

Fix this disgusting-ass font rendering

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 12.01.08 PM.png (343x95, 38K)

You mean antialiasing or the font itself? If so what would you recommend?

How many clocks can you fit on a desktop

>You mean antialiasing or the font itself?
You're using a font that needs to be anti-aliased without anti-aliasing. There are many things you can do to fix it, including turning on anti-aliasing or using a font that doesn't need to be anti-aliased.
Just make it not look like shit

>no dpi scaling
looks like blurry as shit onmy 4k monitor, retarded devs wasting time implementing hardware acceleration while the program itself looks like shit. Installed 5 minutes ago, uninstalled 20 seconds ago.

I recently reinstalled this piece of shit
I hadn't used it since like 2011
most skins are complete garbage (for example see )
but some are really neat, like pic related

if you dont overdo it, it can be a useful tool, just like everything else.
but it gets to the point where you might as well not even be struggling to force windows to do something that you could do much easier on linux without something like rainmeter.

Attached: polybar.png (1280x720, 260K)

How do you hide the name of the tiles?

create shortcut and give it "empty" name (alt+0160), pin that to start menu

do u have dotfiles for that polybar config? I've been trying to accomplish something similar to the start menu you have there and always fail miserably