Jow Forums Alternative

Jow Forums is a great place to quickly interact with a large audience and stay up to date on recent happenings in tech, but the signal to noise ratio is pretty low.

Is there anything like it out there but with less shitposting?

Attached: Cyberia.gif (300x179, 4K)

install gentoo

I'm sure you can find a tech related subreddit.

hackernews

There are places, but they're not likely to hand out addresses on Jow Forums. Doing so causes too much community pollution.

Yes, there is, you just need to find tho.

Slashdot

>If you want a view of the future of humanity, imagine a retard shitting up a good thread to get (you)s, forever.

At this point I'm not sure there's even anything left. Lain is basically dead, anything on Mastodon is SJW infested and lobsters has lost so much quality its the new hn as hn was the new /.

lainchan sucks too you autist.

Attached: logo.jpg (400x400, 27K)

Mailing lists.

IRC.

Researchgate.

Arxiv.

Various blogs and news sites.

Most imageboards are pozzed by "board culture" and originally being anime sites.

Jow Forumsprogramming

The /cyb/ generals are comfy.

there is a subreddit for that

>Jow Forums is a great place to stay up to date on recent happenings in tech
That's the worst bait I've seen in years.

Not OP but for instance I'm not upgrading win just yet because of the warnings yesterday.

r*ddit is r*ddit with all the problems that entails. However sometimes, sometimes you get good content.

IRC tends to be infested with memers from the boards anyway, or dead in my experience. kind of sad. some IRC channels are nice. Actually one of the better ones is lainchan's IRC, but it's also often pretty cringe and gay.

Lainchan is pretty cringe and gay and full of LARPers.

8 is actually not so bad, /tech/ is almost like Jow Forums but with a bit less shitposting, and bonus: no mook and no goygle botnet captcha.

SSH boards are nice, but very dead and very small. because I spend time on small places I sort of move around quite a bit, I'll visit one small place then go to another.

>SSH boards
?

to get the benefits of irc you need to lurk on freenode channels, all the other servers are infested by normans

systemspace.link

what a ridiculous larp, jesus christ

XDA Developers

Attached: 24763ef9e12094638a33d72acfa3cf2dced7beb0ca95e2395f7b3ef629404ae4_1.jpg (640x660, 67K)

>TFW you missed out on Cyberdelia

But seriously DNA Lounge is the closest thing to Cyberdelia that we have. It's own and run by fucking JWZ one of the guys on the Mozilla team and a OG hacker. He even ran a fucking Cyberdelia event for Hackers 22nd year anniversary.

JWZ is a national hero.

arisuchan

yeah I know of at least two SSH based boards that are active, but very slow. I'm not going to post them here but believe me if you hang out in the right places you'll probably know of them. It's sort of self-selection since only a certain type of person will end up there.

I thought freenode was more norman than rizon since that's literally where all of the plebbit channels are. Maybe I should give it a look again. what channels do you think are good?

It depends on what you consider normalfagging. To me that means larping as some kind of cyberpunk hacker, while having actual technical discussions where I can learn actually useful information is what's valuable. To you it might mean the exact opposite.
What channels to lurk depends on your interests.

That had wide coverage on tech sites.

4*2/tech/

What about stuff like Talos Workstations? Not many people really care about stuff like that.
Also; stuff like Haiku, Genode, BSDs... that's not very common, either.

2slow

does the Talos have an integrated graphics chip?
because otherwise you basically have to plug in a proprietary processor running encrypted firmware with access to system memory and to any other PCI device, just to have video out.

I think it does

irix.cc (nekochan replacement)
outerhell.com (normies not welcome)

Attached: 1538854196936.png (965x859, 107K)

>avatarfagging
>muh redrocumpudin :D :D :D
>chink weeb shit
kys

>avatarfagging
You have no idea what this means. You must be 18 years or older to browse this site.

Attached: dcd5ba2ec3f743d.png (1024x576, 7K)

unironically reddit

you post that frog in every fucking thread dude

>That frog
Wew lad, you need to go back

no u

Attached: 1547326872159.jpg (396x382, 41K)

>Researchgate

research gate is for third worlder grad students to ask basic trouble shooting questions

Read the rules of the internet you goddamn shit eating dumbfuck of a newfag. Every post is a repost of a repost. Learn to read the filenames, you cancerous little anal sore. Your mother had ample opportunity to abort you and she didn't. But it's never too late for a little 12 guage DIY project, since you'll never amount to anything more than a waste of my oxygen. I'd cut you down further but you aren't worth my time.

Now get off my board.

Attached: 1533133329084.png (200x194, 21K)

>guage
it's "gauge"

No one cares. You didn't check my numbers.

make me, dumdums :^)

Attached: 1429824753912.jpg (895x653, 102K)

It's never too late to start with the basics user

Attached: 1347528438651.png (850x719, 209K)

Are you sure outerhell.com is the correct domain name? I don't want to poke a chinese gov't webserver as if it were a ctf/idiot filter.

because of Jow Forums

/tech/ on 8ch

npcnews.npcombinator.npc

but I don't read tech sites as I believe journos are subhuman and need to starve

how did you get through freenode's mandatory race and gender checks?