How technology advanced is Japan really?

According to this:
>quora.com/Why-is-Japanese-so-popular (I know it isn't objective)
Japan's information technology sector is behind the West. Is this true?
Aside from that, how technology advanced really is Japan, and how much of it just myth and memes?

Attached: server_room.jpg (5840x2464, 1.95M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P9DBb-Eng20
youtube.com/watch?v=T6auO0zFUdU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, they are behind. The asiatic mind may have 105 mean IQ but they lack creativity and stick to tradition and copying. Hence they will never usurp the white man because they can't invent anything new, all they do is aped from us white.

>Make post, hoping for serious answers.
>Get a Jow Forums post.
Fucking hell, Jow Forums, how ill are you? Is this terminal?

Developers and exporters of some of the most innovative, but when it comes to actual use and in offices they're well behind the times.

is right.
Google "Asian creativity problem".

>i don like it
>ITS POOOOOOOL

Attached: 1537277285150.png (235x303, 12K)

So, they design and build all of this great technology. But don't use it themselves? Why?

>Google "Asian creativity problem".
Google "high-level equilibrium trap", it's actually a cultural problem, not a biological one. They were, at one point in time, before the cultural shift explained in "high-level equilibrium trap", more advanced than the West for a long period of time.

Don't post, until you have the whole story, Redditard. Go back to Jow ForumsThe_Donald, I'm serious sick of you shitting up every board outside of Jow Forums.
If I was a janitor, I'd recommend your IP range for a shadowban.

Tokyo is modern but everything else is traditional farming and fishing villages

>... but everything else is traditional farming and fishing villages
I thought they were hemorrhaging people to the cities?

Most of it are cars, robotics, and other technologies that aren't useful in an office enviroment. The workforce is used to the older technologies of faxes and such, it's only more recently that other technology has been presenting itself into offices.

>The workforce is used to the older technologies of faxes and such, it's only more recently that other technology has been presenting itself into offices.
Why haven't they adopted Western office technologies, if they're so intent on maximizing efficiency?

Cost to upgrade.

Besides, name 5 things that are 'newer' that have actually changed office enviroments and increased effeciency.

Mhm, that's true. Normally, it's just a "digital spin" on existing technologies, that people check as much as they used to those older technologies. Depressing to think about, eh? We've found even more technologically advanced ways to procrastinate just as much.

Of course it's true. The US is the information technology center of the world you numpty.

Racism is a good thing, but underestimating people is a mistake. Your brain is fried from all the Jow Forums.

Depends on which technology segment we talking about. When it comes to writing game engine, West is miles ahead.

Because they are not interested in increased efficiency, but how much they appear to work.

How? All game engines implement basically the same technology which is dependent on GPU architecture and rendering pipeline.

>If I was a janitor, I'd recommend your IP range for a shadowban.
You can't win an argument, so you call for censorship.
If you see a post you don't like there are a number of actions you can take
>refute the post
>report the post and let the moderation decide
>ignore the post
>call the person who made the post Jow Forums, reddit or some other boogieman
Which one of these makes you look like an hysterical retard?

Give me Japanese made engine that's on par with UE4 or Frostbite 3.

The US isn't "the West". It's a part of "the West". For instance, the UK also played a massive role in the development of information technology.
But yes, I get your point.

>When it comes to writing game engine, West is miles ahead.
Interesting. Example?

I doubt that, considering how much overtime they pull (and are expected to pull).

My dumb Jow Forumstard, I gave you a chance.
However, I actually won the argument here:
Do keep up, little boy.
>Google "high-level equilibrium trap", it's actually a cultural problem, not a biological one. They were, at one point in time, before the cultural shift explained in "high-level equilibrium trap", more advanced than the West for a long period of time.

Japs were still stuck in fixed timestep gameloop until recently.

They have a robot hotel where you never once have to talk to an actual person. youtube.com/watch?v=P9DBb-Eng20
Next stop: your local holiday inn.

thats because they only make console games

>I doubt that, considering how much overtime they pull (and are expected to pull).
That is the exactly the outcome of the problem. If you don't look like you're always working, the old man above you won't notice you.

Also, Japs workforce is split in two white-collar lifetime worker with abnormal work security and freeters with almost none.

It's an outbreak of terminal 7
youtube.com/watch?v=T6auO0zFUdU

Even console vastly benefits from the

Even console vastly benefits from the decades years old development patterns.

>My dumb Jow Forumstard, I gave you a chance.
I'm not even Jow Forums. It just pisses me off that people find it necessary to reply to really fucking obvious bait like it's some sort of moral obligation. Ignore it or report it. There's really no need to virtue signal about how much you either love or hate Jow Forums on an anonymous board.

>However, I actually won the argument here:
Might help if you learn to quote the correct posts.

nah it doesnt
consoles are fixed hardware, because of the disadvantages of non-fixed timestep there's no real reason to make your games do it apart from interoperability with different systems

Whatever. Nice to know you aren't even the post who made the post. This means, I can just ignore you. Thanks for the heads up, my opinionated nobody.

Fixed hardware doesn't mean a shit if you cannot force the game to have constant visual and computational requirement. Fixed timestep loop will slowdown a game time, while the more dynamic will just effect FPS. No real-time multilayer game can reasonably go well without dynamic timing.

>This means, I can just ignore you
Well at least you learned something today.

Might help if you learn to quote the correct posts.

Attached: anime_wink.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

Only because they started making inter generational consoles like the ps4 and pro. Decoupling render and logic loop actually introduces overhead. If you tried that shit on old consoles we wouldn't have those Japanese marvels

>Fixed hardware doesn't mean a shit if you cannot force the game to have constant visual and computational requirement
yeah but video games go to great lengths to ensure their visual and comptuational requirements stay under limit
its true about mp games, but most jap games are single player

Walk into any university lab or the R&D or innovation lab at a big company. It's nothing but slavic Jews, pajeets, and Changs with the occasional Kim being led by a 90 year old borderline senile white guy, usually Jewish or polish or one of those eastern European shithole people. Saying that they lack creativity is how Japan and then Korea ate up the US electronics markets and why almost all EE that isn't locally critical is moving to asia

Under limit doesn't mean constant. It's good to optimize game for some max FPS, but it doesn't mean the game logic will aways be processed at the same speed.

You can have rendering and logic loop coupled and still have dynamic timestep, you won't just reach constant FPS, but at least you will have constant speed.

I'm talking about shit like Gamebryo and Valkyria Chronicles 1 where physics goes nuts when you don't limit game to 30/60 FPS. The fact that these two examples have rendering and logic step tied makes it even worse.

>Don't post, until you have the whole story, Redditard. Go back to Jow ForumsThe_Donald, I'm serious sick of you shitting up every board outside of Jow Forums.
>MUH POOOOOOOOOL

Attached: 1537028475090.png (1440x1557, 234K)

Japan is very much behind pretty much all developed countries when it comes to software programming.

dynamic timestep introduces indeterminism
there's no way to have a variable framerate without a tradeoff so it's preferable not to do it at all if you can

this

It's 'technologically advanced' in that context. Not 'technology advanced'.

your response is literally copied from Jow Forums, like everything else you regurgitate on here. kys npc

If there is one thing I noticed in my 2 weeks in Japan it's that everywhere has a lot of employees doing simple work that could be automated or done by less people with newer tech. I don't know why but they seem to outright avoid this. Perhaps there is prestige to having many employees or they just don't trust automation or it could be their way of keeping unemployment down or perhaps just a traditional mindset of don't fix what isn't broken.

depends on the field
in general office and salaryman culture they stick to old shit because there's lot of old people running shit
in general they're really advanced in smaller or niche specialized areas

That's because they hate english, which is de facto language of software development

Best answer all thread.

japanese is full of english loan words

>if I post enough brainlet pics I might get away with being a Jow Forumstard xD
neck yourself

They unironically think they invented those words

wtf dude they love English, for them it's like Latin to 1800s Europeans. It's disgusting to hear, but they love it just like /a/ loves saying sugoi.

They adopt technology based on its merit, not based on how new it is. If a counting department is used to an interface of Win XP, it's better to leave them to it rather than spend time and money on re-learning the whole thing on Win10.
That's why Japanese work better than lazy Europeans.

they still pay stuff in cash.

Japanese economy has been on a down trend for the ladt 10 years at the very least. ntt, softbank, docomo, hitachi, toshiba, you name them, are all redpectable companies but are WAY behind huge chinese and US giants. Space tech is still well advanced in japan tho with mitsubishi

Attached: japanese-nikkei-225-M2-adjusted.png (676x434, 21K)

this isn't true at all, it's more or less the culture that keeps really creative people on-rails, the japs have plenty of startups and innovation and once the older generations start dying they can modernize a lot more

for example the old executives in japan still use fax machines

also why do they HAVE to be at our standard or ahead? what if they're happy with what they've got?

Worked for few years in one of the jap tech giants.
They are far behind. They are still learning how to properly use open source. Most of projects ended up as forks which became unmaintainable after year or two. Japs really dislike contributing to the community.
Still, they do have some top tier engineers in regard of pure algorithms. It's just that the management of the project is awful.