Wtf is happening guys

wtf is happening guys

Attached: linux 2018 2.png (341x745, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gWMQMPP8p3A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

distrowatch is becoming obsolete. Everyone just installs Manjaro now.

CoC

Where is OpenBSD

>lubuntu
Slow but steady wins the race.

openSUSE represent

Is Manjaro any good?

Meh, I tried it when it first came out. It was buggy and the community is a bunch of tards, so I tried Arch on a hunch that it wouldn't be as bad, and I was right.

Distrowatch uses the clicks per day to determine the distro popularity, just this.

very

manjaro and ubuntu for starters and professionals
debian and arch for autists

You misspelled mint cinnamon.

>beginner/noob
Ubuntu, Mint, Manjaro

>lifeless wageslave
Debian, RedHat, SLES, CentOS

>top tier hacker and serious devops
Arch, Gentoo

What about Fedora?

DW is a click counter. Anyone can click 1000 times. Shill.

why would anyone seriously trying to get real work done use arch or gentoo? imagine how unproductive it must be to have to constantly babysit and troubleshoot your operating system while working

install lubuntu

stop replying to bait

this

if you're not neet, the only options are mint ubuntu and manjaro

It's good for people who want bleeding edge without spending time to configure the system.

youtube.com/watch?v=gWMQMPP8p3A

Fedora sits in between beginner and wageslave, Satan

before i dropped manjaro i remembered ppl on their forums being obsessed with DW, doing everything they could to rise to #1

I personally run arch on my work laptop
I find I'm more productive if I use a system I'm familiar with. And the meme of arch constantly breaking may have been true 5 years ago, but it isn't now.
My co-workers, all of which run ubuntu, have had far more issues than I have.

I tend to use debian on servers for stability, but for a machine I personally work on, arch any day of the week

xubuntu vs lubuntu?

ya boi

I would use Manjaro, but my litmus test for "easy" distros is if their graphics driver configuration tool works without any additional... configuration. Of which Manjaro's does not! Trying to enable Nvidia's drivers through their GUI interface yielded a black screen on boot. Instead of Googling for solutions, Manjaro had simply failed the litmus test and in my eyes is not ready for desktop use.

>>top tier hacker and serious devops
>Arch, Gentoo

Attached: 1537784224481.jpg (921x640, 100K)

Why so many variants? This is why Windows and OSX has monopoly.

>sue-sah
huh. always pronounced it
>soose

You're not wrong.
GNU/Linux needs a reference OS.
I guess Ubuntu is it, but Gnome sucks so much ass.

peoples chose what is easy to use dude, nothing special, and in general regular user dont give a fuck about Arch or Gentoo or some other obscure distro to read 10 books to make it work, nobody have time for that.

Seems like Ubuntu Kylin is
Kylin it lol xD

Attached: 65146581.png (257x380, 133K)

Manjaro will be used throughout the solar system. Manjaro will replace macOS. Git your fucking Manjaro stickers off the press.

WE
ARE
HERE
TO
GET MANJARO ON IN THIS DOO DOO

Manjaro ass raping any other distro in existence because of its superiority

KEK

The #1 Linux distro is Android.
Followed by CentOS and Ubuntu LTS running on servers.

Xubuntu

xubuntu until lxqt becomes stable in lubuntu, then maybe lubuntu

I tried Xubuntu and is simply useless. If you're going for an OS which runs on old computers and crappy laptops then Lubuntu wins everytime with les RAM usage and LXDE being less CPU intensive. If you're going for something that's customisable and good loking then Kubuntu. Xubuntu is just in between those 2 and is doing a shitty job at both of them.

Those distrowatch numbers are pretty meaningless since it's clicks on a website and not actual installations. And the traffic to that site really is quite low which means that it takes nothing to skew the numbers. Put simply, if someone with just a minor website or minor amount of popularity, say 50k or 100k visitors per day or followers on some shitty thing like twitter or facebook link to a distro page there then the "popularity" of that will explode.

Android isn't a Linux distro, just like an embedded system running a stripped kernel isn't a distro.

What distro should fit into
>terrorist/pedophile tier

This has been known since forever, yet discussions like these still pop up. Who even clicks on this site? I click on Wikipedia, and the distro's own site.

Kali/Whonix

probably bait, but have a (you). it's a list of LINUX distributions, so BSD distros naturally won't be included senpai

netbsd is worst linux distro. it's super autistic and it doesn't work. today i noticed even dhcp client doesn't work in netbsd. it sends dhcp request, natbox receives it and sends dhcp offer but netbsd doesn't ack it. firewall wasn't the problem because it was not enabled.

Attached: cigar.jpg (657x527, 36K)

stop posting anytime

Attached: Untitled.png (469x120, 25K)

It's just OP being a faggot as always plus not realizing that distrowatch's list ist based on a ciunting clicks. The list doesn't say anything about popularity or quality.

Fuck you OP for making even more people aware of this inane website.

Linux is a kernel.

SJW taking over
mass exodus back to windows

Whats HPD stand for?

>Where is OpenBSD
in asshole

Wtf why isnt gentoo #1

I feel bad for every single fucking newfaggot using distrowatch as a credible source.
It was my first biggest mistake
Never ever go on that shithole shit
Fuck manjaro
fuck kde
fuck you bloatniggers

there's literally no difference (other than gantoo) because distros are completely homogenized these days
thanks systemd

Literally zero mention of Solus itt. What the hell guys? Its literally the most stable and performant distro I've ever used on ANY of my hardware.

Linux is a cuck kernel now

only people who have never used linux before visit distrowatch
i stumbled on it when i first looked into linux nearly 15 years ago, but felt no need to keep visiting it once i became aware of what the major distros were
it's ranking system has never reflected how good a distros is or even how many people use them, just how many people look at their pages on distrowatch, which is damn near meaningless, because nobody who uses linux regularly uses distrowatch