90% of the faggots on here are using sandy bridge desktops and laptops, with maybe a couple of FX users

90% of the faggots on here are using sandy bridge desktops and laptops, with maybe a couple of FX users.
Why are the intel/amd shill larping threads? None of you are going to buy anything

Attached: 123123123.jpg (600x600, 55K)

"encryption"
"Oh wow your so smart user here it's on the house"
>Coffee house cheers as the first man to claim a free coffee walks out

he cute

I stopped reading at the second line. Why is one variable color coded white while the other is green?

probably used emacs to write it, the font-lock system is a piece of shit

>.reverse()
wtf is this supposed to do? The function requires an argument, doesn't it?

Because it's initialized with a function?

Use Gentoo

>your_drink is not defined

this is kode with klossy levels of coding

Why would that matter though. We can already see that from the assignment side.

Hmm, not an expert but isn't reverse() a method of string class? If so you could call it on a string like that.

Probably to be consistent with how the name would be syntax highlighted in
function reverse(s) {

yeah, I was confused by the fact that it was defined as a function a line before it

I've been looking at this code for a solid 2 minutes and I'm so confused.
>why is the barista the one doing the request
>why is a variable being assigned a function signature with a body
>what does s.split("").reverse().join("") mean

"undefinedSecret word:encryption"
amazing

>maybe a couple of FX users
There's probably a shitload of us on here, but many aren't proud enough to say they were on a budget and got it, I'm definitely getting a T420 to accompany this motherfucker.

Attached: ayymdeee.png (777x818, 54K)

>a function that does nothing but call another function

hmmm

>from FX user
>to Intel

it feels so good bros, everything loads so much faster now, it's like I upgraded my Internet connection instead of my CPU

Attached: 12321414123515.png (2018x862, 242K)

>M5A99X guy
Congrats on the upgrade, my dude

Attached: 1523433903969.jpg (1038x1000, 140K)

Thanks user, went with a good mobo this time around too

>barista empties cash register into a bag and hands it to you

1. good question
2. functions are first class objects in javascript
3. split string into array, reverse array, rejoin the array

Attached: skeltel;.jpg (549x471, 24K)

Took me a minute to know what it is. I guess I should have started reading from the bottom up, could've gotten to the answer faster. Wish I could get a free coffee for solving this right now

"Abort, retry, fail?"

Cafe is in MS HQ.

>large black encryption
Sounds like a sex move

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 101K)

i don't know how to code but i found the word in 30 seconds. reverse str 2 + str 3 + str 1 = encryption
don't thank me though, enjoy your free coffee.

fuck off poorfag

would not go in there
no way

if you are such a good coder - why are you working in a coffee shop?

fuck off

>Poorfag because you won't buy 5% incremental ipc improvements every year when 32nm crap is still pretty relevant

I did the same. I went from
>FX/hd7970
To Intel/nvidia.
Changed my whole world view.

>maybe a couple of FX users
it's almost winter lads, rev up those BOINC projects and turn that FX into a space heater

Attached: Screenshot 2018-10-06 18.06.25.jpg (605x497, 61K)

FX is pretty cool at stock or a mild OC but the temps jump dramatically past 1.44375v, my thicc heatsink can't even cool it without throttling.

Attached: IMG_0213.jpg (4032x3024, 1.59M)

7970 was god tier gpu
today its performance is on par with 1050ti which is enough for 1080@60 gayming

I'm trying to get a cheap used 7970 for my FX-8350 rig, so I can have the ultimate 2012 AMD machine, it's still a better than console gaming experience.

Attached: IMG_0218.jpg (4032x3024, 2.07M)

ey, I have the same heatsink and things do start to volcano at 1.44v. I used to OC but I keep mine stock because I prefer a quiet machine. My CPU is the underpowered 95w TDP version too. Still gets the job done, don't need to upgrade yet but I've been eyeing the AM4 cpus.

I'm not arguing that the 7970 wasn't god tier for it's time, but I used to buy nothing but and hardware. Switching to Intel/nvidia was a fucking eye opener.
I currently don't have the same issues that I used to, and I don't have problems with software that I used to.
Even trying to make an HTPC, or running vms was a pain in the ass when I only used amd.

I'm in the same spot, the ipc of RYZEN is so ridiculously good, but my AMD FX rig still does fine and it's a beautiful machine.

A6-5400k here, what a shitty APU on linux I'll tell you what.

100fps in low-graphic mode of counter strike 1.6

your_drink was never defined

Had an FX8350/R9 290x

Went to a 3770k/1080

Amd is utter dog shit

WTF is this bullshit, delid this

FX-8350 is amazing and I would buy an new build with one RIGHT NOW if I could get a decent motherboard new.

dafuq? your build looks so much like mine.

Attached: IMG_1869.jpg (3888x2916, 3.15M)

>brown motherboard
WHY

Attached: 1513640157160.gif (400x400, 1.25M)

Smaller GPU=no sag
Also T4 is best am3+ cooler because you just latch it on without any backplates, screws, or other bullshit.

It's the copper showing through because it's not matte like the 990 boards but I still think it looks good.

>went to a 6 year old processor and a 2 year old graphics card

Sure thing, champ.

encryption

It's black but flash makes it look weird. Besides, baaack then there was only green, red, or brown mobos and brown was OG AF

Attached: 5616351351.jpg (600x450, 72K)

oh for some reason i thought they made them brown, kek

absolutely atrocious single thread performance
throttles at the drop of a hat

so what, games perform about the same. They last a long time, I don't notice a difference. Mine is 6 years old and still ticking. Probably go to 10-12 before it's ridiculous.

"NULLSecret Word:encryption"

What did they mean by this?

>Games perform about the same
Only if you automatically avoid all the good games that don't perform the same.

You play older titles on a 60hz monitor

Shut the fuck up

And if you avoid those games you might as well just buy a console.

>None of you are going to buy anything
Cose AMD FX still perfect

is .split .reverse .join part of the language or i had to interpret what those things do?

>naming a custom function after an integrated function which just calls the integrated function

Attached: 1538864774575.jpg (100x125, 1K)

>undefined
Do I get a free coffee now?

The reverse function is on the array prototype. Smarter thing would be to create a reverse function on the string prototype and call that.

what?

Attached: 1515743681438.jpg (350x350, 21K)

>tfw phenom II has almost 10% better ipc than FX

Attached: vwmpn.png (412x351, 114K)

no it's part of the array object
this is js by the way

who da fuck uses var anymore. let and const only you noobs.

ya that, plus I unlocked mine to a X6 1605T

Haha, I'm still rolling with my trusty 955 right now. Unless your gaming with newer games really why the fuck would you even upgrade anyway? Toss 32GB of ram + a SSD at it and be done with it. I did (back when DDR3 was cheap as dirt). Rolling along fine and dandy

I don't know how to code at all in any language but I can still figure out this coffee shop sign well enough to say the word "encryption" to the barista and expect some kind of free coffee

>Sandy-Bridge
more like Conroe

Attached: E6700 CPU-Z.png (424x417, 69K)

>being a consumerist whore

Kill yourself

I have a SB laptop that I've added memory and a boot SSD on. My desktop (which I'm typing this on) is a Ryzen 7/X370/GTX 1080 system. I also have a Haswell based system which I use for a home server.

>2018
>using var

Attached: Why the fuck everything single threaded.png (800x522, 265K)

Oh, and I have an FX-8350 in an old gaymen rig I turned into a NAS, it's mostly used as a backup destination for all the other shit on the network, as well as archiving for all my shit.

>1 ton of coal a year is dedicated to powering a NAS

Attached: 1529592750108.jpg (471x635, 85K)

You say that like I give even a single fuck. It's not drawing full TDP anyway, so that's not even true.

And I'm not going to go and buy a purpose built NAS or hack together an ODROID setup or something when I have the hardware laying around. Take your bullshit and GTFO.

>take your bullshit
>>switching from a FX 8350 to an R5 2600X saves me 12$ a month in power

Attached: The_Doctor_calls_OP_out.gif (432x242, 2.1M)

The fuck are you talking about? Are you saying I could save money? Power is fucking cheap here, and $12 a month is next to nothing.

Do JS strings really not have a bulit-in reverse function?

Checked.

>undefinedSecret Word:encryption
>code has no side effects

kek

there's no string class in js? well, i guess javascript is not the same as java.

They do. He even uses it inside the user defined reverse() function.

Because real world performance gains have been minimal if you had a server cpu or HEDT from even seven years ago.

Um?

Attached: 1c706b9e76e5e7a715903aed9a9e008b.png (469x827, 51K)

>using new processor in 2018
lol

Hardware is almost a hobby for me.

Attached: ryzenvegabuild.jpg (1280x960, 241K)

Your post ID has low entropy

Ssme bro went from a 8350/7870 to a 4770 / 970. They are worlds apart in performance and temps are not even close.

faggot op encryption

They should define it with an argv so the customer gets to pick their drink.

Fpbp
Also checkd

Javascript code looks so disgusting

>0000
naice

>Let in global scope

Kek

Why is this? explanation?

Woah that perfectly describes me actually. I have a Sandy Bridge laptop that I will probably use for the next couple of years at least, and a dead FX desktop that I really want to fix up but not enough to actually go to newegg and buy a new heatsink, GPU and case.

>this thread
turns out hipster faggots are better at programming than Jow Forums

>good sir I cannot request my fucking drink cause 'your_drink' is undefined and I cannot input shit from that code. Declare a main function which passes 'preference' to barista.request() or you'll have a bar full of angry people claiming drinks.
>also assuming your_drink = "coffee" why the hell would you return me 'coffeeSecret word:encryption' for any drink request I make? I just want a coffee god damn it!

Attached: rms.png (982x878, 650K)