Why does EVERYTHING have to be ruined by soulless flatshit design? Is nothing safe from this blight?

Why does EVERYTHING have to be ruined by soulless flatshit design? Is nothing safe from this blight?

Attached: Untitled.png (855x1150, 197K)

Other urls found in this thread:

deviantart.com/carborunda/art/Snowy8-for-Windows-8-8-1-409788674
youtube.com/watch?v=vcBGj4R7Fo0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because you're stuck in 2001
use a cli if you're so anal atrophied, sperg

>wahh i want things to look like a fisher price dashboard like the XP days

nu-boomies like you need to die.

Attached: 1451531180540.jpg (600x575, 66K)

I'm more concerned with how everything has to have a dark theme now.
I'm not black. I don't need a dark theme to blend in.

Flat is dead, lifeless, zombie-like, cybernetic techno-design.

Bring back colors. Bring back drawings. Bring back realism.

Make it real

>hurr stupid fancy spinners and transparency effects but it's okay because it's FLAT
flat design by itself is fine

Why does EVERYTHING have to be ruined by a shitty gradient? Is nothing safe from this blight?

Because that "soulless flatshit design" is way cleaner and easier to look at.
Niggers might be ugly as shit but when I'm looking at a screen I prefer a dark theme so my eyes are fine to stay using my PC at night

NO NO NO
STOP DISAGREEING WITH ME
IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THIS

Skeuomorphism is tacky af and I'm glad it's dead. There is no reason to refer to real world materials and objects so literally. That defeats the distinction between hardware and software anyway.
Graphic designers must understand that consumers are smarter than they're given credit for, but also not nearly as smart as they think they are. They can understand UI metaphor.

Have you read material design? Its amazing how philosophically rigurous it is, reminds me a lot natural law.
If it really takes over the way it seems it will then I have no problem, not to be kantian but its the closest we are to an objective absolute aesthetic, its mind-blowing it exists in a time like ours

material design is what happens when you let npcs do things by themselves

Skeuomorphism and flat design BOTH belong in the trash. We had UI design solved properly in Windows 95.

No fisher price nor flat dead.
The perfect gui is the small monochrome detailed things such as Mac OS and X-Window on X68000

Attached: 144719-1.jpg (1280x1024, 128K)

Attached: xwindow.png (823x560, 188K)

I like elementary OS approach of being mostly flat with a bit of shadows and skeumorphism. I find it pleasant to the eyes.

Attached: 1529099868803.png (1926x1286, 378K)

Where is that from? Comfy as fuck desu

Why does shit software have to be ruined by custom GUIs. Use native functions fuck.

An japanese OS named X-window for the X68000 computer.

Flat design doesn't have to be bad, but flat also dumb things down for the lowest common denominator.

Attached: kaspersky.png (1530x598, 635K)

that looks terrible. its made worse by the fact that its masquerading as something 'elegant'.

looked better before, looks soulless now. reminds me of gandi.net's website redesign. garbage

>this is the kind of cringelord that won't shut up about dark mode in 2k18

>ruined
Bottom is literally better, except if you're blind.

OP you provided a terrible example.

But you're right. Flat shit is garbage most of the time. There's plenty of options besides flat and whatever tacky shit people like to come up when you dare to criticize flat.

The worst thing is to make everything similar. I don't care if it looks dated, I'd rather be able to take a glance and know where to click or touch quickly. I'd rather have borders, some weak gradients and such. Some shadows. The reason why I would choose something like macOS for instance, instead of Windows (not Linux, because there's endless options there) is because even though they did switch to something more flat, it's still not just plain blocks. It definitely is easier on the eyes to look at the dark mode in macOS than the one in Windows 10.

On another subject, we have more and more icon packs on Android and such which just don't fit most wallpapers, precisely because they use flat colors and don't stand out well. They also use the same shapes, some use even the same colors, that might look "good" but it's definitely not as usable. I'll never understand the kind of people that use the typical round icon pack with a white flat logo inside for each program. Nothing helps more than an icon that you can tell apart by just looking at its colors.

I use this on Windows 8.1
deviantart.com/carborunda/art/Snowy8-for-Windows-8-8-1-409788674
It just looks good to me. Call me old fashioned.

xp fischer price design was the lowest point of ui design

dark backgrounds are for people with light colored eyes instead of brown ones

Everything being that cheap early 2000s bubble look was hellish.

The modern minimalistic approach is a step backward towards windows 3.1 styling, if anything.

Honestly what I like is how much shit they could fit on that resolution without it looking bad.

Attached: Mac_OS_9_screenshot_2.png (1024x768, 60K)

Have you ever seen a nigger with black iphone or something?
Pretty much every white boi will black himself and buy a black phone while every nigger get a white one

This is a rip-off of aqua. And aqua did it right, at least until apple fucked it up with 10.10

best ui

Attached: 45829-1.jpg (1400x1050, 273K)

only if you're 12 years old

>>The modern minimalistic approach is a step backward towards windows 3.1 styling, if anything.
Hardly, because modern design hates information density with a vengeance, and that's getting worse, not better.

Using sick components and built in icons
>Soul
Using OC icons and design
>Soulless

Attached: excuse.jpg (800x450, 54K)

>

>left
soul
>right
soulless

Stock*

This. Flat design is the laziest thing ever. It has no creativity or whatsoever and i blame pajeets for its existence.

Wow, really makes you think

heres some info.
microshit did not invent the gui, they delivered a lesser implementation of it.
they have not advanced it.

Fucking this.
There's some good flat design, but most is soulless and boring.
I loved when things used to have a bit of flair.

I think Microsoft's fluent design shit is quite nice, but it's barely implemented in Windows 10 and what has been is still buggy as fuck and inconsistent.
Also, while it looks pretty nice in general, it doesn't really look like it's meant for an actual desktop OS.
youtube.com/watch?v=vcBGj4R7Fo0

Flat design is objectively better. Deal with it, boomers.

Attached: Hacking the Humanities - The New Yorker.jpg (320x403, 61K)