Best platforms to learn programming?

I used Codecademy for a couple of months, and it was meh. A whole lot of content without explanation. I've heard recomendations of Team Treehouse, freecodecamp, and udemy? inb4 "muh books" I'm looking for a more organized way to learn with a platform.

Attached: 1534977355575.jpg (1280x640, 359K)

Other urls found in this thread:

Jow
docs.python.org/3/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shunting-yard_algorithm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Unironically books. Tell me what you want to learn and I'll tell you a great book to get you started.

Attached: 06ba4cc0c59f5fef.jpg (497x430, 42K)

Jow Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Computer_Science_and_Engineering

Tell me best Python books desu ne

Python shouldn't be used outside of research and prototyping needs. Python should never be used in production.

tutorials and documentation from language's official website if you are learning anything modern (e.g. java, python)

books for shit like C/C++

whats the best book to learn C for someone experienced in C++.

I want to learn java, atm i have my eyes on "C, C++ and java" from Deitel, any other good books?

Really depends on the person, I personally can't be really efficient while reading books but when I'm taking video courses I can do much better.
You already did Codecademy which is just instructions of what you should do, now try either a book a video course and see which works better for you, I'm learning C++ so I can't help on resources, just advises.

>not just reading APIs

Python in a Nutshell (Third Edition), Alex Martelli, Anna Ravenscroft, and Steve Holden, O'Reilly, 2017.
Also, don't forget fundamentals
The Practice of Programming, Brian W. Kernighan and Rob Pike, Addison-Wesley, 1999.
Beginning Software Engineering, Rod Stephens, Wiley, 2015.

Jens Gustedt, Modern C
Since you're comfortable with C++, you already know most of the language. You just need to focus on features that were added in C99 and C11.

Core Java: Volume 1: Fundamentals (Tenth Edition), Cay S. Horstmann, Prentice-Hall, 2016.
Core Java: Volume 2: Advanced Features (Tenth Edition), Cay S. Horstmann, Prentice-Hall, 2017.

docs.python.org/3/

Just get K&R. Didn't you get "The C++ Programming Language" by Stroustrop for C++?

thanks user

Attached: 736353.gif (495x540, 116K)

K&R doesn't cover C99/C11 though. Jens Gustedt's Modern C would probably be better for someone experienced with C++.

Attached: c6845d59601161d3.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

This but unironically

>being this stupid

Thank you for the reply, will start this asap.

There is difficulty to read programming languages that make difference to themselvesman, bbut I watch how I use my languages to remind or preclude myselfe, which is hard and difficult and to the point design. Dude, where the fuck am I? Am I a person on LDS? HAHA!

What was that 6-light traffic light?

Dude, if I was in France, I would short the Zig Zag papers because they changed them to rice and it is very confusing to find the gum.
Edit: It is inconvenient. In Beavis and Butthed, HIt stuck.s. It sucks,. I am making a public millions possible viewable post. Am I using the Inern?>t Am I? Using the Internet?
Edit: WTF Is the Internet?

I gotta wait 80s. Holy shit. I need to record with a microphone my speech.

Community college.

How does someone get a computer to operate addition and subtraction before multiplication and division, and if it moves further, then it repeats?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shunting-yard_algorithm

>I'm looking for a more organized way to learn with a platform

hahaha you fucking rajeesh

by reading and taking the time to understand every paragraph in the C specifications and any 500 page book on algorithms, you'll have more "structure" than any durgasoft-tier course on pajeetcamp can give you, guaranteed.

other than that just do projects, exercises, codegolfs, practice interview questions, etc.

Attached: 1507410948867.gif (849x458, 152K)

Definitely an overpriced university where you pay 40k n learn code from profs who cannot give less shits about you.

Attached: woah_is_me.gif (300x300, 2.13M)

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shunting-yard_algorithm
Can all computer programming languages do this? Set the arithmetic operators to the user's order?

yeah its just an algorithm you can program

That is a fun way to program computers. How many kinds of maths are there?

as many kinds as you want