When will this gravy train end?

Attached: 1516368009595.png (664x840, 149K)

I'm making over $130k in 1 year of working and not even for marquee company.
If startups want talent they need to start offering legit equity.

>didn't read lol

well he has a point that any developer with any savvy will know that the equity the startup is offering is very likely to wind up worthless. If you're offering equity instead of cash you're going to get applicants desperate enough to be paid partly in lottery tickets, which isn't the good ones who have better options.

>the equity the startup is offering is very likely to wind up worthless
I think some people get wrapped up in the idea that their work could be what makes the startup worth something, then they'll be at the heart of something huge, when in reality they're just a code monkey who got hired because they were the only thing the startup could afford.

True Dat!

Only fools work for free.

Google doesn't pay 350k until you're L5, which either takes 5 years inside or 10 years outside.

Just outpay Google's salaries then lol

>stuggle

Attached: 1538794594060.png (187x187, 62K)

imagine getting paid for literally stealing people's data.
living the fucking dream, get fucked startup cucks.

Working at an

california?

find another job user

You have impostor syndrome, get some help.

Why work for a startup in which there's a high chance you'll be looking for a job the next 2 years when you could work for a reliable multi-billion dollar corporation that's basically better in every facet.

yes

I got a master degree. And in my cunt I could earn more if I'd roll into a IT traineeship for people with no IT skills. It's ridiculous.

Unironically about to switch careers.

Getting a degree means nothing.
Can you actually dev enterprise software?

What? Are you fucking Indian or something?

I can shot web.

Some people can't deal with your typical big corp internal politics, drama, overbearing HR, etc. You also generally don't get a whole lot of agency in big companies, and the projects you'll be given will be mostly tiny stuff (e.g. you're the dude who works on the polish localization of a single tab in the admin settings page).

Contrast this to small to mid sized startups, which have little to no politics or drama, potentially no HR at all, and tons of agency with big, high-impact projects.

Some are willing to take a substantial pay cut to get the latter of the two environments, and I can see why.

>internal politics, drama, overbearing HR, etc
but that's going to happen at literally any job you apply to. it's worse at smaller companies because the rumors and news spread faster. I'd rather blend in.

>and the projects you'll be given will be mostly tiny stuff (e.g. you're the dude who works on the polish localization of a single tab in the admin settings page).
so? you get paid the same. if you're good you'll get noticed to work on bigger things.

>and tons of agency with big, high-impact projects.
meaning more pressure, and if you fuck up, a potential career end.

Having worked at 3 startups so far, I've seen very little politics and drama. Maybe I've been lucky though.

>so? you get paid the same. if you're good you'll get noticed to work on bigger things.
>meaning more pressure, and if you fuck up, a potential career end.
I mean it depends on what you're looking for. If you're going for a super safe salary, yes, megacorps are a better bet. For many, this sort of widgetmaker work is soulcrushing –especially those who enjoy programming. If fulfillment is what you're after, startups are a better bet.

As far as screwing up goes… it'd have to be damn a fucking colossal huge screwup to be career ending. We're talking Equifax huge. That sort of risk is reasonably avoidable, though… just avoid companies/projects with those sorts of implications. The risk is a sliding scale, not some fixed number.

Your average dev is much more likely to ruin your career doing some boneheaded harassy thing after getting drunk at a company party than screwing up the software you're working on.