Why is Australia's internet so bad? Telstra is screwing us over

Why is Australia's internet so bad? Telstra is screwing us over

Attached: telstra-tax-choice-696x522.jpg (696x522, 350K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xxKVI3O16K4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>TPG
>pinoy tech support
>PPPoE over NBN, no IPv6 ever

the satellites are venomous

Attached: 1515663836985.jpg (488x378, 125K)

Telstra leverage the fact that they used to be a monopoly to overcharge. And tbf they do have comprehensive 24x7 support, even if they are all indians in melbourne. Slightly better than the malaysian call centres / email only or the support channel being the RSP director

Telstra mobile coverage is unmatched though

ABB is easily the best NBN RSP going

ATT fttd: 2160$/24 months. 1000/1000mbps. No data caps.

You can thank the Liberal party for that

Because youre the decendants of criminals so you have to pay more to pay the back the cost of bringing them to the land down unda.
Also why the dollary do is worth so little.

Based Mr Broadband
youtu.be/xxKVI3O16K4

Attached: tb.jpg (620x363, 34K)

Both if those plans are bs. I pay $80 for unlimited 50/20 with aussiebroadband

I pay $15 for 500/500, and there are no limits what so ever in my country. Uppsidedown fags be mad

t. Sydney cunts

240mb down/15 up for £34 including TV and line rental.
No data caps, no traffic shaping.

lads which ISP does not get affected congestion?

It doesn't matter, it helps our exports.

>caring about the cost when your on ceno
Must suck being a wagey

All of them do.

because the government won't allow competition, they want crony capitalism, aka oligarchy, not real capitalism

actually you can thank the labor party because they are the ones who nationalised the internet infrastructure, just like the communists they are, and now no competition, which would cheapen the service and increase the options available to you, is welcome or allowed

I had TPG adsl a few years ago, they had strange routes.

I would do a trace from uni/home home/uni and it would go through QLD. I live in VIC.

The FTTN was better, and then I had to move. Kill me.

Attached: 1537324472199.png (630x828, 653K)

>dude just nationalise the entire fucking infrastructure around the internet, it's going to be great
*rupert murdoch rubbing hands in the distance*

kill me

Attached: speedtest.png (513x187, 30K)

> iiNet
> Saaaaaard Efriken suppoaaht

those accents are really hard to not make fun of. (dose eksents ur rilly hawt to not mek fun awv)

>I had TPG adsl a few years ago, they had strange routes.
>I would do a trace from uni/home home/uni and it would go through QLD. I live in VIC.

if the regular route out of the country is congested, of course it's going to go via some other leg. that's what dynamic routing is.

Is that ADSL?

yep.

HFC NBN middle of next year, maybe.

Attached: f3345244960.gif (500x700, 1012K)

why would you ever need tech support for your internet?
Are you a literal fucking retard?

literally, 99% of Tier 1 calls are power on and off your device...

I get the same speed. My NBN date is the 21st of December but that's still on the estimated sheet Telstra's site. So probably 2019.

Attached: 1219453859085.jpg (492x449, 25K)

My net is okay, I'm with telstra in a rural town, $70 a month for unlimited 17mb down 4 up, when i first got the net you could only get 250gb, then they bumped it up to 500 for free when netflix came around, then they bumped it to 1tb and now unlimited and i dont pay anymore, allows me to down and upload music on soulseek all day

not a terrible plan.

people with narrow perspectives always compare countries like south korea and their internet speed with australia or the USA. it's like, well, the entirety of south korea is the size of a quarter of NSW, geographically, and has 3 to 4x the population of australia

That is absolutely horrible. That's such a dumb excuse. The entire city of Geelong has 100mbit up AND down connections with 1TB limits.

70 dollars a month for 17mb down 4mb up is literally worse than 3rd world tier. It is absolutely mind-boggling hat anyone would defend this in a first world country. The size of our cities are small enough that we can roll out decent internet. What is wrong with you.

Why do you need TV? Do you still watch tv in 2018?

Our companys IT support is based in SA and holy shit understanding that accent over some shitty phone connection is a pain (and I lived in SA for 2 years)

i live 900 km from the nearest city, what can i do?

Start digging a trench and lay some cables.

FTTP NBN reporting in.

Attached: 1521603975482.png (724x272, 43K)

meh, i wish it was cheaper tho. like $90 a month

Attached: Capture.jpg (767x185, 22K)

>this
Even rural areas in eastern europe now have 500/500 for less than $20 a month

my uni was

Attached: 1538875496013.gif (372x302, 1.97M)

romania or something?

Paying 50 for 500/500 unlimited. The only thing good about Singapore possibly.

Monopolies is the end game of capitalism

the reason i use telstra is their proven reliable international peering through both america and asia. i regularly get over 100mbit from foreign locations and low latency to SEA.

When i lived with my parents on optus they literally flipped a switch at 4pm until 2am that limited international bandwidth to 500k every day. all traffic also goes through san jose so pings to singapore are like 400ms

tpg may be as good as telstra in this regard but i doubt it. the enemy you know...

Explain this. T Mobile Puerto Rico

Attached: Screenshot_20181007-101059.png (1440x2560, 125K)

kb/s

lmfao and I thought my speeds were bad

Yeah mate for sure telstra had that price so low before the NBN drove the price right up

mfw im paying 10x less
no limit
12month contract

Attached: listen buddy.jpg (1024x768, 350K)

Mfw when I pay 10 euros for unlimited Fiber.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-07 Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test.png (703x248, 32K)

>Being this retarded

Attached: Screenshot_20181007-111830.jpg (1440x1147, 145K)

>using either of those hopeless cunts

>ABB is easily the best NBN RSP going
fucking this, been with the cunts for a year after iinet and telstra and couldn't be happier (unless they drop the prices of the 150 and 250mbps plans)

and what do cunts make in a month there?

Perth