/mpvg/ The Jow Forums approved video player

The greatest video player.

Attached: scrot_2018-09-05-19:51:06_1366x768.png (1366x768, 1.34M)

Other urls found in this thread:

mpv.io/manual/master/
github.com/mpv-player/mpv
github.com/jgreco/mpv-scripts/blob/master/rubberband_helper.lua
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/FAQ#I_want_the_old_OSC_back
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/6058#issuecomment-413653542
lhc70000.github.io/iina/
github.com/lhc70000/iina
twitter.com/AnonBabble

weeb

t. weeb

Forgot.
Manual: mpv.io/manual/master/
Github: github.com/mpv-player/mpv
>t. turbo weeb
kys (keep yourself safe) weeabo scum.

Attached: 69f8d40f1978e356992539e70d5cb5fbf0cf445f7f41e8c8a3b0b7dc149b42c6.png (543x842, 868K)

I made a userscript that switches between scaletempo and rubberband depending on the playback speed (since rubberband is wasted at >3x playback speeds imho)
github.com/jgreco/mpv-scripts/blob/master/rubberband_helper.lua

not sure if anybody else uses rubberband, but I thought I'd share it here. I use it a lot when fast-forwarding through lectures and whatnot. With rubberband I can understand human speech at 2.9x while with scaletempo I stop understanding it at around 2x or so, accent depending.

Attached: 018-Pile-of-Colored-Bands.png (1024x676, 194K)

>Aparece Nico

Why do you like children so much you disgusting weebs? I don't even hug my cousins and I visit them every weekend.

Trying to compile with MSYS2, waf is giving me
>Writing configuration header: : Could not create the directory C:/compile/mpv/build/C:
It's being retarded and appending the base directory to the end of the path. Why is this?

Those children are 17.
>I don't even hug my cousins and I visit them every weekend.
Why? You sound like a sad person.

>Why? You sound like a sad person.
Chances are he either grew up around sexual abuse, or around people who did. I'm the same way, and I found over time a lot of my behavior and perceptions came from the fact that one branch of my immediate family had longstanding sexual abuse. So I grew up aware of that from a young age being told about directly, but also being around subtle signalling and other things that shaped my expectation of how my environment would see certain actions. My mother wouldn't touch me or let me touch her until I was nearly 20. Touching her provoked irritation or "rejection".

So I was programmed to behave the same way. And those mental associations, awarenesses, and expectations are difficult to override or reprogram.

Also, if mpv is so great then someone answer my fucking question. Why is waf doing this.

shift+drag youtube links into mpv and it will queue them up instead of immediately playing them.

Still bit fuzzy on how shaders stacking work.

What is the order for shaders to work together? How do you determine the order? Which ones are redundant?

For example, if I have adaptivesharpen, SSIMSuperRes, KrigBilateral, FSRCNNX

What's the best optimal use?

jesus christ, that's fucked and I just realized how much I can relate to that. Except maybe not sexual abuse (I hope) but any contact I had as a kid with my parents involved a belt, kneeling on salt, or having things thrown at me and being yelled at for long periods of times.

I feel broken.

Attached: fug.gif (220x234, 55K)

I can understand the methods of abuse you experienced but
>kneeling on salt
wtf

I downloaded your image-viewer fork from last thread and it's working great, thanks bud.

They'd make me kneel on coarse sea salt for an hour and getting up meant I gog hit with the belt.

So is profile=gpu-hq still the best thing to put in your conf file if you have a powerful graphics card?

Attached: 1529191285981.jpg (1536x2049, 120K)

ravu is great for anime

Did you ever get caned?

>kneeling on salt
What the fuck user, your parents were fucked.

Not that I could remember but crying myself to sleep from a swollen back full of belt welts wasn't uncommon in my youth.

What age did they stop hitting you?

>>kneeling on salt
turns out it's (or at least was) a common punishment
I only ever got spanks and grounded in my room for 15-30 minutes
I wan't a bad kid though so it rarely happened
loling at the kids who got beat by their parents
don't be stupid and you won't get beat

Sorry to hear user, sounds like your parents were abusive cunts.

>don't be stupid and you won't get beat
Is that true all the time though? Sometimes people's parents are just abusive.

I attempted suicide sometime in my teens so right about after that.

Have you seen someone about this?

just joshing mate
even if the kids are in the wrong, the reason can usually because the parent sucks at raising them
at that point the punishment will make the kid worse

I'm a fucking failure in life but I don't drink like most of my cousins who grew up in similar situations so I guess it's not all bad.

I'm sorry Jow Forums, it just feels so liberating to let other people know. It feels as if it makes my scars hurt less. Not emo btw, I literally attempted suicide because I genuinely felt I was better of dead than dealing with the abuse.

great, the thread is derailed by some autismo.
it's a shame your parents didn't finish the fucking job.

Nah, I'm not sure I want to be "fixed" anymore. Not even sad, just genuinely uncertain about myself at this point.

I actually dreamed of that and kinda hoped it wasn't a dream desu, it feels as if that would right my wrongs with theirs or something.

Dream went something like this: "this is the last time you make me look bad user, now JUMP"

That sounds depressing user, please 'don't look so sad, there's gonna be a better tomorrow'.

>Python 2

I always tell myself tomorrow will be the same but yesterday could have been different. It sometimes cheers me up, for whatever it's worth I guess deep down I know it's okay to be alive.

np, glad to hear it

I'm lazy.
Any of you guys have mapped + and - to make subs bigger and smaller? Mind sharing input.conf?

Attached: scrot_2018-10-04-13:09:58_800x600.png (800x600, 390K)

+ add sub-font-size 2
- add sub-font-size -2

God bless you user.

Attached: 83d0f2cd0f5959477614f7d818829bebd2b9883a57baecce746b3fb2057dae63.gif (180x180, 903K)

Is there a reason to switch over to mpv from mpc?

I started off by using mpv exclusively to play online videos and streams, but then I realized how much lighter mpv is in general and I made the full switch. You can start there too.

>mpc
pic.
>mpv
profile=gpu-hq

Attached: dc519d8cdd3ee405770eb8af412faa54f8313f409622ccaea1b382ea13f81497.png (1723x1060, 1.36M)

Hmm I never had to do all that when I used madvr and everything else for mpc. Just a few clicks for me, lol

Thanks gosh I never used this shit.

>lachs0r
vs
>shinchiro
Windows build?

chinchiro

I'm going to sleep

I'm going to sleep

Is there a config for title color?

Attached: Screenshot 2018-10-07 at 15.34.33.png (766x480, 393K)

What makes this build better?

when will mpv get a good UI

Doesn't need one. It has good kb shortcuts, and the config file is all you need.

What font are you using?

Kill yourself spic subhuman

What if he's from spain?

Then it's still correct.

The psuedo-gui is good enough for anybody.

I think it's IPAGothic, that's the default in my os.
Don't bully

How do I get this GUI ?

Attached: OHRNs.png (441x123, 38K)

they are pedophiles, since they can't express their true feelings about real children, they use avatars to sexually satisfy themselves.

That's just a reskinned psuedo-gui, it has the same capabilities as the default one. It came from some Chinese build of mpv or something.

It's the old UI.

>Chinese build of mpv
Deepin video player?

github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/FAQ#I_want_the_old_OSC_back

is it possible to pass a string to an mpv instance so that it can be called back later?

e.g. mpv file.mkv "string"
so that the string is somewhere that can be used in scripts?

probably but I wager it would be a hack that reads that string out of the playlist. Maybe there is a cleaner way to read environmental variables instead.

--script-opts=key1=value1,key2=value2,...
Set options for scripts. A script can query an option by key. If an
option is used and what semantics the option value has depends entirely
on the loaded scripts. Values not claimed by any scripts are ignored.

I think I might try passing it as --title

If I try to load a Twitch stream, progress bar constantly goes ahead of the cache line which causes heavy stuttering. In the best case, it more or less stabilizes after quite a while, worst case, it shits itself and stops loading entirely. Works fine in browser.
What do?

Slow internet? I'm watching two twitch streams in mpv without any problem. Make sure your mpv/youtube-dl is up to date, and run mpv from the command line to see if there are any errors.

use streamlink for streams instead of youtube-dl

>Slow internet?
50mbps, zero stuttering in any browser.
>Make sure your mpv/youtube-dl is up to date
Just updated both, same shit.
>run mpv from the command line to see if there are any errors
Will try that.

Default cache is retarded, increase it.

Attached: Screenshot_20181007_191645.png (1366x768, 191K)

Nope, no errors, just pic related.
Works better but still stutters just a little bit, doesn't auto-close CMD, and I don't feel like having it installed when ytdl is just one file.
Didn't help.

Found this though. github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/6058#issuecomment-413653542
Tried shinchiro's build, actually worked. What the hell.

Attached: buffering.png (573x87, 5K)

mpvveeb

If you're on Mac, just use IINA lhc70000.github.io/iina/
I recommend installing the beta from the GitHub github.com/lhc70000/iina

Why does this lua script do nothing when called via keybind in mpv?

function get_title()
local title = mp.get_property("title")
mp.msg.info(title)
mp.osd_message(title)
end

mp.add_key_binding(nil, "get_title", get_title)

I'd want the script to print the title on the OSD and in the terminal

I have 10.11.6 and IINA won't work at all for me

Ok, actually I just realised it works as a standalone script but not as a function within another script I'm using.

Attached: Screenshot 2018-10-05 at 02.38.05.png (779x273, 22K)

i doubt anyone using iina cares about video-sync, they just want a shiny gui.

what's wrong with vlc?

>artifacts
>crashes constantly when seeking
>a/v desync when seeking
>shit resource management
to begin

Use PotPlayer on Windows

Font settings?

What? Do you like my font rendering?

Nothing. It's the absolute best media player.

Attached: PSArips.com The.Grand.Tour.S02E11.Feed.the.World.720p.WEBRip.2CH.x265.HEVC-PSA - VLC media player. (996x671, 1.35M)

Do not listen to namefags.

yeah

Each script runs in its own Lua context, you can't call functions from other scripts.

t-thanks, I haven't really changed my local.conf but here is

true

true

hintfull

rgb

lcddefault

The font it's IPAGothic from otf-ipafont.

Attached: 4447b934b96d960c7f53cae618f523f9e6abba084b627af52aa7b613f972f23d.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

cheers la

Yeah but can't you have
function a()
end
function b()
end
function c()
end

mp.add_key_binding(nil, "a", a)
mp.add_key_binding(nil, "b", b)
mp.add_key_binding(nil, "c", c)
?

VLC just werks. fuckin nerds lmao
>muh scripts

Attached: lol.jpg (524x399, 25K)

And I thought frogposters were redpilled, I'll explain to you, mpv and scripts redpill, vlc and bugs bluepill.

how do I install mpv scripts on Manjaro?

Create a folder the script folders in ~/.config/mpv, add your scripts to the script folder, that's it.
mkdir ~/.config/mpv/scripts

whats the way to give a specific .conf for all files within a specific directory?

nevermind, I'm an mpvmissle now
for my eyes have seen the glory of not having dropped frames

Attached: 1538673380814.jpg (502x393, 108K)

yes, that's very hacky though