What is the appeal of Apple?

What is the appeal of Apple?

Attached: 250px-Apple_logo_black.svg.png (250x250, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/c0FpvIbkYeE
youtu.be/r7tf4JASzlI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

being the best

it just werks™
also great build quality

Attached: steve_jobs_by_rware-d3af4rz.jpg (487x740, 168K)

If something goes wrong you can just buy another one.

Decent quality, only runs on decent hardware (You can't get a shit tier Mac), great hardware compatibility (Because no options), POSIX support (helps with developer intake) clean polished and CONSISTENT UI, integration with cloud services and excellent consistency between devices.

Seriously. Using a Mac, iPhome and iPad are amazing together. Individually not so much.

That being said, my gripe is that the POSIX layer is actually ass, Apple ships old as fuck compilers and instead of writing once and running everywhere you end up with a pile of Mac centric hacks.

But to your average goon: It just works. Seriously. You can give a retard/grandma a iPhone and there is no way in hell they will fuck it up. Get your family on Apple devices and never have to worry about supporting them agaiin.

>it just werks™

until it dies from heat

Attached: 1395786601277.gif (500x354, 1024K)

>Polished, unix-like OS
>relatively reliable hardware*
>good screen quality (laptops)
>long time support for the products (most of the time, see: iPhone 5s getting latest OS)
>easy support from the apple store who will sometimes just replace faulty products if you're nice to them

The negatives include
>overpriced
>non-repairable
>stupid anti-consumer design choices including no ports, unnecessary technology changes (firewire>thunderbolt>thunderbolt3)
>proprietary charger on phones (lightning port)
>no games

Probably more but I think I got most.
* debatable atm with the shit keyboards in the new laptops.

Good build quality with a POSIX compliant OS.

>no games
Not a big deal for adults.

Wow, adults sound like really boring people.

Cuckolding.

Attached: 1537691379203.jpg (768x768, 151K)

you can show off how not-poor you are pretty effectively

you forgot to include
>have to install a fuckton of drivers just for windows technology compatibility
>can't upgrade your hardware anymore

(OP)
Women like them because they are high priced enough to be status symbols. They get a hardware update with some controversial news like no headphone jack that gets everyone talking, and then when they show off that they got the controversial latest model, they become controversial and people pay attention to them a little more.

Men like them because some men are faggots who care about fashion accessories

>status symbols

Attached: 1517077975267.jpg (800x2500, 799K)

yeah niggers and women have the same low IQ concepts of status symbols, I know. Shoes and iphones

You are not required to use windows/android, like anywhere else.

it literally just works

other than that it's fucking normie trash

> coping images of the poodroid users

the devices are pretty good at interoperability, iOS has apps while Android doesn't, their software is rather stable and gets support for a pretty long time, macOS is a good compromise between GNU and windows: depending on your industry it runs the commonly used proprietary solutions as well as providing first class terminal support
sadly they seem hell-bent on fucking their pc segment up, the new keyboards are unusable shit the hardware integrity shit sucks a lot

fpbp

Attached: 1537891492807.png (657x527, 44K)

cheapest ecosystem for yearly upgrades. I can sell an iDevice and buy the newest one for like 200$

You can act like a middle income fag while being a poorfag.

> Get your family on Apple devices and never have to worry about supporting them agaiin.
This. I haven’t had to troubleshoot for more than a minute here and there since I got my family on macbooks and iphones.

Being an applefag and a consolefag go hand in hand though given the jest werks philosophy.

It just works
Best compact / portable / mobile hardware
Best desktop and mobile OSs
Thoughtfully and deliberately designed everywhere
Software updates for years
Doesn’t shove ads in your face everywhere
Doesn’t collect and track everything you do for said ads
Doesn’t let crappy software drain your battery and waste your CPU cycles
Good security (occasional bug notwithstanding)
Doesn’t insult your intelligence with patronizing baby-talk and cutesy graphics like Microsoft and Google
Best resale value
Craig

Attached: 0277217E-839E-4272-B765-6A0A7748D1C8.jpg (593x741, 42K)

The OS

stable os for work with most software

Attached: 1494862782851.jpg (900x556, 67K)

Reminder that these threads are invariably made by shills so that shills can reply to themselves. Report and hide.

Attached: macshills.jpg (4500x3000, 1.6M)

I can get a new usable redmi for less than 150€ and just throw away the old one

brainwashing

The appeal of the Apple? Apple has tremendous appeal.

The perceived societal status.

>using PC for live performance / drawing / music production / video editing
>WINDOWS WILL RESTART IN 5 MINUTES, YOU CANNOT CANCEL THIS

Just pure cancer.

Attached: 28959375_10160397366905508_3109513849372409856_n.png (564x752, 749K)

What a coworker told me when it comes to software/web development:
- It's the best compromise of a windows and a linux system.
- MacOS is basically a User-friendly Unix system, but without a package manager!

I'm a arch user but for pragmatic reasons I went for a MacBook at my workplace.
But maybe I'll switch to a linux system, depends if the IT stuff wants to replace my machine etc.

>mac book/pro
build quality and just works

>iphone/ipad
just pure longevity. android phones dies after 2 years

>mac book/pro
>build quality

Attached: 1358903469006.gif (320x240, 2.87M)

literally the only thing i dont like about apple is SIRI sucks ass and macos doesnt have volume splitter.

muh customizability is overrated not just in tech but pretty much anywhere.

If you've ever seen gordon ramsay talk about restaurants he always criticizes menus that offer "customizable" meals.

It's practically impossible to maintain a level of quality when there are hundreds of customizable options. Quality is more important than gimmicks and that's exactly what I think about when people on Jow Forums talk about memeOS. It's not about meme features that perhaps might have some use, software and all good products depend on USABILITY, STABILITY, SUPPORT and PRODUCT INTEGRATION.

Actually, any company that offers customizability as its "thing" is too insecure to say "this is what I think is good". They rely on their customers to tell them what is good - a true sign of a betamax

kek

im happy everything tries to rip off apple. should i ever not be able to afford it, cheap shit will trick me

Attached: 2018models.jpg (1840x1855, 739K)

>Quality is more important than gimmicks
guess that's why they made the touchbar which renders your laptop inoperable if it ever stops working because designing a motherboard is hard

i guess you never had any apple product?

Not as boring as NPCs

No, but I subscribe to Luis Rossmann.

... I don't see your point.

I'm using a 2015 Macbook pro (15") and I couldn't do without the display/touchpad. Text looks amazing on the retina screen, and touchpad has zoom gesture, force touch, scroll, left and right click from anywhere on the pad, etc.

Brightness levels, volume, media keys, task manager, all are physical keys on the keyboard.

If you use one for any time and then try out other laptops they will feel like garbage in comparison.

muh unix

Attached: 1533282994124.png (506x916, 103K)

comfyness

also this

Symbol of status

Unix + software
That's it.
If a SINGLE linux distro had working software it would put a large dent in the macOS world.

But OSS is shit, so..What are you gonna do?

Having it work in a professional setting with many people using their own equipment. If one uses a pc laptop it becomes a hassle. Also pc laptops tend to be loud. Not wanted in many pro settings.

You can install a package manager

desu their build quality is imo pretty good and their software is (mostly) stable and secure, however, don't buy their phones..

They're such a trap that you have to use their cancerous iTunes software which doesn't even exist for Linux just to load mp3s onto your phone

> desu

wtf why did it replace the abbreviation for "to be honest"

Also, they're pretty strict when it comes to emulators and that shit

hello new friend

WHY CAN'T THEY BUILD SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T THROTTLE

Attached: 1535873881892.jpg (472x472, 12K)

>can't get a shit tier Mac),
youtu.be/c0FpvIbkYeE

Check like 4:54-5:02

Apple is still selling the horribly outdated mac mini for one thousand dollars.

But many gsmes do get ported to mac, and boot camp / dual booting is what all my macfag friends do for games that arent ported.

In reality...
1) Apple Care. You cough up the money, and you get anything replaced no questions asked.
2) Support. Got a problem? Go to the apple store, set up an appointment, and solve it.
3) Ecosystem. If you have an Apple phone and Apple computers, they all sync well without much effort.
4) MacOSX is a BSD offshoot so the terminal is more familiar than CMD/PowerShell.
5) Simplicity. The iPhone has a great simple interface and design. Same with the Mac too.
6) Need Windows? Boot camp is easy as fuck. Same with adding a Linux partition as well, though the touchbar macs don’t support WiFi and Sound drivers lol.

Bad news is that it’s so god damn expensive. And extensive customizations are a complete bitch or you can’t do. And repairs are almost strictly at Apple as 3rd party is discouraged.

Tbh you're new senpai

superior font rendering and butter smoothness

They make their products like they're supposed to be your personal pet.

They use design tricks to make the device feel like your baby (rounded edges, infantile interface with blurred contours, primary bright colours, lots of antialiasing in font rendering, etc). Everything is made too look soothing, in order to create emotional attachment to the device.

It's psychological manipulation in design form. The idea is not to win performance tests, to come on top of any other device in its class in terms of performance, but to capture the consumer's attachment emotionally.

Attached: macpet.jpg (700x700, 173K)

>Need Windows? Boot camp is easy as fuck

Bootcamp is actually a buggy piece of shit. It keeps creating issues for users when they install macOS updates. They tend to mess partitions, if you have multiple partitions on the same disk. They also mess with drivers installed on the Windows, which are supposed to enable support for apple hardware functions.

Bootcamp is really not an optimal way to have dual boot with macos, but there's no other way right now.

I imagine apple will scrap it at some point, when they move all their product line on their own CPUs. When that happens, it's bye-bye dual boot or hackintosh.

Just because you fucked up a consumer-level config doesn't mean it's the software's problem.
Your attitude would have a lot to do with it.
The only problem I have with BootCamp is with the Windows OS wanting to update at shutdown and hanging when I start up.

>I imagine apple will scrap it at some point, when they move all their product line on their own CPUs. When that happens, it's bye-bye dual boot or hackintosh.
What a fertile imagination you have.
I agree that Microsoft will never sever its parasitic bond with Intel. So when newer, better CPUs arrive on the scene you guys will be left hugging your legacy silicon to your asthmatic chests.

To be fair, I've had an iPod that I got from a pawn shop break and they replaced it for free.

I have a Dell laptop that abruptly cuts off if you pick it up the wrong way. This is a problem that Dell knows about and refuses to fix. It affects several laptop models of theirs.
THAT's shit build quality.

>youtuber says so, so I say so

Attached: linus fanbase.jpg (812x621, 79K)

Thinking about buying an iPad since every phone I buy turns out to be the unlucky fauty model of the company which means my warranty is pointless as they would simply switch my shitty phone for a new,shinier shitty phone. Got any tips or experience to share?

Attached: 1538894889028.jpg (1080x1346, 1.67M)

Attached: 1521290861011.png (1536x2048, 256K)

Can't we just ignore the "updates"?

Attached: 1538894934790.jpg (1920x1080, 178K)

fpbp

I’ve been waiting for a mac mini update for ages, fuck Apple to hell I’m not buying their shitty fucking laptops for 1000000 dollars.

>You can't get a shit tier Mac
I think that is the greatest appeal. I run arch on an MBAir. A thinkpad25 will be my next though.

>Can't we just ignore the "updates"?

Attached: 1520835945375.jpg (1198x836, 272K)

>it just werks™
ok yeah i'll give you that one
>also great build quality
no

Social signaling

Objectively false. Though I realize your post is probably bait.

They didn't have a single device which worked properly in the last 10 years.

They had a bit of 'the outsider' appeal originally, back when IBM and MS ruled the world. They are The Establishment now tho, inarguably. But Steve Jobs is under estimated for what he did - 'rip-off artist', 'conman', 'cunt' - all true. BUT he also actually GAF about the products, inisisted they looked good, had some aspect or aura of that great indefinable, Quality. And it is way, way easier to think of this being obvious than it actually is to force Visions of Quality through irl - you really do need to be a cunt, and one with persistence.

Now? no-one cares, its all shit. Not even joking, last product you said, 'ok, Apple are cunts, but, thats noicceee..' nope, now, they are just cunts. Cunts selling overpriced trash to even stupider cunts.

Thank you sir

Attached: 1538847439843.jpg (480x544, 65K)

>also great build quality
2016-2017 macbook pro keyboard issues is a huge disappointment, especially since it seems 2018 didn't fix it entirely

>>Polished, unix-like OS
meh
installed final Mojave on mbp 13 2017 TB
got 2 complete system freezes while watchin twitch
sometimes get weird lag in chrome and safari for 3-5 seconds whenever opening or closing a tab
sometimes Safari/Chrome eats 100% cpu for some minutes while watching Twitch stream, ramping up the fans
meh

Guy who fixes shitbooks for a living.

/thread

Attached: 1517866403039.webm (238x360, 2.91M)

for iphones :

snapchat/fb normie apps way better optimized, a lot lot faster for dumb normie stuff

better camera in auto mode

cheaper to repair

>build quality
What the fuck do people even mean when they say "build quality"? I'm convinced that it just means "it's made of aluminum" at this point. The last few iphones and macbook pros have all had known engineering issues and/or serious overheating problems. Watch a few of Louis Rossmann's videos and tell me macbooks are anything but chinkshit quality.

So what you're saying basically is that apple products are like anime girls?

It's because you need to go back to r/eddit.

>Watch a few of Louis Rossmann's videos
I'm pretty sure this have become a meme. Often told to watch his videos as if I didn't already knew about him. People seem to only watch his stuff to fuel and justify their hatred for Apple also, instead of going there for something more positive like learning to repair laptops and other electronics. He has a shitload of good content, but many just seems to get the "I hate Apple" message.

iphone: social posturing
macbook: who fucking knows. new ones are irredeemable trash, even my applefag mother agrees

That apple doesn't have a peel.

You haven't refuted what I said. When someone with knowledge opens up a machine and shows you exactly why it's shit, it's pretty damn good evidence. Just because there's an audience there to see that doesn't make it any less true.

>but many just seems to get the "I hate Apple" message
Because that's what he says?
youtu.be/r7tf4JASzlI
Don't make the mistake of thinking this is a laptop repair channel, it's a MacBook repair channel - many, many of the issues he deals with are exclusive to Apple.

>But to your average goon: It just works. Seriously. You can give a retard/grandma a iPhone and there is no way in hell they will fuck it up. Get your family on Apple devices and never have to worry about supporting them agaiin.

Yeah no this is the biggest bullshit. I used to believe this until I gave an IPad to my grandma and a IPhone to my mom. Both have struggled to get done even the simplest of tasks.

"It just werks" is a bunch of BS

My only interest was "watch louis rossmann videos". You never had a conversation with me, I'm not interested in whatever conversation you were trying to make. I was only interested in the meme that "watch louis rossmann videos" have become. Which is why I quoted only that part, and nothing else.

There isn't. It's only popular where it's been historically popular. It can't penetrate new markets. Kind of a self-sustaining loop here, people buy it because it's popular, where it's not popular people simply ignore it.

The apple thing is literally one solid brick. It is impossible as seen in the picture to repair it.

That's a bad thing not a good thing retard.

Ofc. he says "I hate Apple". I never denied that. Saying that's the only message people ever get from those. And yes he does focus on apple laptops, but that doesn't mean the knowledge cannot be applied elsewhere. With some figuring out, the skills can just as well be applied to latitude and elitebook repairs. Apple products isn't the only things he has attempted repairs on. I think many watch his videos not out of their interest in repairs, but to hear someone else say they too hate Apple. Over the years I've heard "Cult of Apple" talked about, but I'm convinced there is an equally retarded "Cult of Apple haters".

Oh, so you just wanted to be an annoying little nag and try to derail the conversation. Cool stuff, user.