Do websites lke Jow Forums save all visitor ips forever? Or do they clear those periodically?

do websites lke Jow Forums save all visitor ips forever? Or do they clear those periodically?

I'd hate to have Jow Forums admins sit on literally years of my shitposting.

Attached: 4chan[1].jpg (1366x768, 264K)

They don't need to. The deep state does that for them. Please take this to the stupid questions thread next time.

This is a government shitposting website.

Attached: 1538815278562.png (480x480, 195K)

We don't know, hiro most likley wont be due to how big the log files would be these days however yes it is possable for Jow Forums to hold all ip's forever if hiro wanted to

Probably not but look on the bright side you're a fucking looser who shitposts on a Chinese pedophile website regardless of whether the rest of the world knows or not.

can't they do canary disclosures like some other sites?

Are you implying you have had the same static ip for years?

no need
gogol catphar already do that

log files are periodically cleared.

The canary must surely have flown the cage by now.

> tfw shitpost with the 3 letter agencies

Attached: 1537686515033s.jpg (250x221, 4K)

>I'd hate to have Jow Forums admins sit on literally years of my shitposting.
You're as new as it gets by the looks of your thread. Hang yourself kiddo.

>who is Hiroshima Nagasaki
Go and be an hero, user.

the answer is no. Jow Forums has always had the cheapest owners and storing all that data costs money.

weren't there news that hiroyuki kept logs of people that linked their post with credit cards and then charged people to actually deleting those post?

I wouldn't trust this guy on being completely transparent when it comes to this.
Your safest bet is to use a vpn and cover your tracks.
however, even in those cases, if someone really is against you, if they want to find you, they will.

>t linked their post with credit cards
wut? payment is through that paypal clone, he gets no details given to him

Jow Forums is sustaining its cost by selling its users data.

couldn't the email that you use for the pass be linked to the account you paid with and ultimately the credit card you use to pay with?

not quiet. you dont need an account for stripe, and in addition Jow Forums supports crypto payment bitcoin, litecoin, eth and something else. the email will be linked to the payment yeah but its a one time token through stripe.

this isnt obvious? moot saddens me

Hiro probably does not store the data himself. Instead he probably sends a copy of the data to the NSA at the end of the week to be archived. Then he can delete his local copy.

>all those people worrying about their ips being tracked
meanwhile where I live most people use really good 4G internet through prepaid sim cards that unlike the ones that also allow you to make phone calls are not registered anywhere (you don't give them your name when you buy one)
sure you can recharge them but if you are so worried about your privacy might as well just get new one every month
don't you have that in your countries?

guys.. i am sure no organization want to deal with the amount of daily shitposting on this site, i mean.. let's be serious

NSA got backups