How do I burn a disc so that it writes garbage data to all of the unused space? I'm not talking about closing the disc...

how do I burn a disc so that it writes garbage data to all of the unused space? I'm not talking about closing the disc. commercially made discs are all always burned to use 100% of the space and homemade discs always look ugly cause they're like half written before being closed.

Attached: CD.gif (350x263, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

linuxnix.com/what-you-should-know-about-linux-dd-command/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-DISC
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

linuxnix.com/what-you-should-know-about-linux-dd-command/

Use example 7 with /dev/random to create rubbish the size you want.

yeah I guess that works and I can not close the disc when doing a music CD and append the garbage data before closing I guess. I was just wondering if there was a more "elegant" way. like software that automatically calculates how much free space is left on the disc for you and appends the garbage instead of having to do it manually. but thanks.

Can we change the density of 1s and 0s to write pictures to the disk?

Write it yourself

the whole point of asking if such a thing exists is so that I don't have to write something myself. if it exists I'm not gonna reinvent the wheel.

IIRC there was a burning program that let you do that. I think it opnly ran under a broken OS though (Win)

Maybe it can be repurposed to make home made computer chips.

Attached: sam zeloof's chip.jpg (800x450, 68K)

If you are using disks in 2018 you are doing it wrong

They're good for long term storage tho

You create a dummy file that you put on the disk.
Same technique as it was used to put CD games on DVDs in the PS2 era.

No they're not lol

They have a bad life expectancy. They are only good for storing non-important stuff.

m-disc is
cd-rom, dvd, and blu-ray are not

This thread has obviously degraded into stupidity...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-DISC
unfortunately it is botnet

this is all besides the point. discs still serve a purpose as long as there is disc-dependent hardware still in the world. plus it's the cheapest way to distribute physical copies of something. you can get blanks for pennies.

>disc-dependent hardware
elaborate

This, plus in a lot cases the bandwidth of sending a cake-box of DVD's via FedEx is a lot better than transferring the files via the 'net, and a lot less error-prone.

car stereos and game systems are the biggest ones coming to mind. yeah, yeah, I hear you "change your stereo" and "emulate your vidya," but if you don't want to do that, you have to rely on the original hardware.

reason for using discs isn't the point of the thread anyway, but I'm guessing software to automatically write to the excess space doesn't exist and even if it did Jow Forums would rather complain about "using discs in 2018"

there's plenty of uses, not limited to being an amateur recording/production studio or even just giving software or movies or something to other people in a really cheap and easy way where they will always have a backup of it.

iirc some computers can only boot fom CD or floppy

>car stereos
get an FM transmitter for like $5 and play media from your phone/USB stick/SD card
>game systems
unless you have the latest generation (which can't play backups afaik), you can use some other sort of storage, i.e. HDD/SSD/SD/USB stick

>software to automatically write to the excess space doesn't exist
lurk moar faggot. answered it for you

There are workaround for those, as well.
However, OP is still being a faggot even after his question has been answered.

I never knew that the dd tool was so versatile. I've only ever used it to clone flash drives.

Attached: Thoughtful - 01.jpg (570x320, 63K)

FM transmitters are cheap and unreliable at best and lose connection frequently, plus you don't get the same quality as you do from 44.1/16 or playing high quality files through an aux port. some consoles can be modded to play off external storage but I don't believe a lot of them can, I know the PS2 can. how many times do I have to say why I'm using discs is fucking irrelevant?

>lurk moar faggot. answered it for you
*manually* adding the garbage data with a file full of garbage data is not the same as having disc burning software that calculates how much space is still left and writing data to it *automatically*

just fuck off already if you can't help or have no desire to help

>disc burning software that calculates how much space is still left and writing data to it *automatically*
Isn't this what the Finalize Disc option does in imgburn?
Or am I just being retarded?

>plus it's the cheapest
Nope, a hdd or even ssd, or even usb 3.0 flash drive is cheaper per gb

>fm transmitter lose connection
Fake and gay. They only "lose connection" if power gets cut (battery dies or get manually disconnected from car dc supply)

probably just closes the disc. not the same as writing through the empty space.

Or if you drive past a strong RF source.
Or if you drive under HV power lines.
Or if you drive through a tunnel that has an emergency broadcast system in place.

Oh, the inducted noise from your mobile phone transacting with and handing off between cell towers is fantastic as well.

You're a nigger. Quit arguing about "using discs in current year xd."

>Nope, a hdd or even ssd, or even usb 3.0 flash drive is cheaper per gb
Quick search on Amazon and I found a Verbatim 100pk of DVD-Rs for $25; that's 5.3ยข/GB

Assuming 8GB.
> use a $5 thumbdrive to hand over of files
> use a $50 SSD to hand over files
> use a $50 external disk to hand over files
> use two 15c DVDs to hand over files.

Were you born retarded or did you suffer an accident?

>strong rf source
Nope, a rf source of that strength is literally illegal and you wouldnt just encouter it in a middle if some town, highway etc, power lines also dont affect it unless the actual line is directly above you, I have only seen that on rail track crossing that have power lines above, so how long do you stay on the fucking rails that it will affect you for more than 1s (if at all)

You are literal nigger trying to do something dodgy, probably sell pirated movies and shit to other retarded niggers and want to make disks appear legit in [current year].

Op mentioned cd, not dvd. Dvd is possiblly cheaper but then maxell or verbatim dvd RW is 25$ for a 25 disk pack

stop shitting up the thread just because you don't like discs, I don't give a fuck if you don't like discs and don't want to use them, good for you faggot go to a different thread

>a rf source of that strength
Strong enough to drown out a 20mW transmitter? Distributor based vehicle ignition and neon signs are enough.
> power lines also dont affect it unless the actual line is directly above you
You mean like the ones that travel parallel to most roads? But I like how you skipped the biggest one in modern society, the induced noise from the phon-BT-ZZZT transacting with ce-BT-ZZZT-ZZZT-ZZZT towers as you tr-BT-ZZZT-ZZZT-ZZT to listen to a podca-BT-ZZZZT-ZZZT-ZZZT from your pho-BT-ZZZT-ZZZT-ZZZT.

that's probably because it's RW. and I mentioned CDs because that's what I most commonly burn. I usually burn FLACs to CD for 44.1/16. I like music and high quality/resolution audio and I've often considered pressing records for small-time musicians. you can get lightscribe burners for fucking cheap and the discs aren't expensive either, meaning you can really cheaply and efficiently even make artwork for the discs. if there's a way to add the garbage data automatically rather than manually that would be easier. the nice thing about lightscribe is that it has a shockingly well supported open source community, too.

Literally only happens before the call

> mobile phones do not hand off between towers as you drive along.
> background data services are not constantly pinging their servers.
> STREAMING A FUCKING PODCAST does not use mobile data.
Why are you even on this board?

Attached: 102763818981.jpg (600x389, 44K)

because others using discs when he doesn't personally like them really triggered his autism and now he must defend it tooth and nail

Using 3g/4g internet 1.8-2.5 ghz does not interfere with fm radio 88-108 mhz range

Search for "Sam Zeloof" on youtube, he used a DLP projector to make that thing in the pic I posted (an MOS IC differential amplifier).

fill it with FF

You are wrong. There's a lot of commercially sold discs that are not full and you can see the empty space. Both CDs, DVDs and BDs.