8 months since finish CS degree

>8 months since finish CS degree
>sent out hundreds of applications
>no job
I-It wasn't supposed to be this way.

Attached: 1509325304711.png (499x513, 283K)

Just keep trying. It took me almost 2 years to find a job. I did manage to find a fairly comfy job at least.

Attached: 1430930782839.jpg (600x716, 73K)

>been a whole year
Universities were a mistake

Re-write your CV, write covering letters git gud at interviews and persevere

> He didn't have an IT job well before he even enrolled
Lemme guess, you spent most of your uni time playing video games or some shit.
I'm not even done with my degree yet and I already have received multiple offers since I quit the job I had a few months back.

>looking for a job AFTER getting the degree.

Help desk and network your way up. There is a reasonable chance you will stuck there forever, good luck user.

This OP, if you believed that passing exams what all you needed to do, and...
- didn't network with other students (uni is literally the best place to meet potential business partners, or at the very least, making friends),
- didn't network with your professors (they often have industry contacts, but they don't say that as recommending any dummy would kill their reputation),
- barely spent any (or no) time into your own projects and study...

Then you really fucked up.
You'll need to choose some area of specialization and work on that. Ask some people who already work in the area for guidance on what could make or break an interview, and look into job postings to see "what's hot".
Finally, friendly reminder: time passes REALLY fast when you're not following a routine. Waking up late will kill any energy you have; lethargy can only be partially willed away by discipline, as mind-fog will still remain. This is very important to remember.

Attached: 1538676879446.png (1550x1950, 279K)

>making friends
great, lovely. too bad I'm shit at that

Let me guess. Zero internship?

Yeah well that's what you don't get taught. In any field, unless you are the uber smart turbo autist who is worth hiring regardless of their skill set in human interactions, being good at social shit is required. If you didn't network and make friends, you fucked up. If you're not good at that, the system failed to train you to be.

>tfw have an interview in a week and I'm gonna bomb it cuz I'm horrible with algorithms and data structures
Maybe they'll just ask me to do fizzbuzz...lol.....

I've got the Autsim and I'm ugly, although I'm working on the later there's not much I can do about the 'tism

>the average american lives to be 90
that picture needs improvement

it shows "average lifespan" for men to be 76 and women to be 81

Funny how none of those things require actually going to college.

Post your CV. There were similar posts here before and once user post CV it always clear why he is not hired. You will get some useful feedback here.

This, also, whether you had internships or not is a lot less relevant than turboautists want you to believe, since serious employers know 99% of them consist of fapping to traps all day.

You need to find a person inside that could recommend you to HR. Or else you need to be patient.

you shouldn't mention that you spent all your spare time on Jow Forums and jerking to noseless cartoon whores

ps. three times a row
Error: You seem to have mistyped the CAPTCHA. Please try again.Error: You seem to have mistyped the CAPTCHA. Please try again.

>Average week a woman has her first child
Does it mean everyone tend to fuck alot in april?

thats not what it means at all.
learn the definition of the word "average"

Ok, sperg.
Does it mean everyone ONE AVERAGE tends to fuck a lot in april?

Sounds like a bunch of bullshit. Why not do a MS, then a PhD and get paid to take classes? Sure a stipend of like $20k or whatever is nothing to you $300k/yr programmers, but whatever.

But it is supposed to be this way
>Companies want to cut expenses
>Cry about lack of qualified employees
>Import H1B slaves and train them 100%
>Meanwhile colleges take companies at face value and collect your money.

bros, i am not a computer scientist, i am an engineering student currently writing my master thesis, but after reading this thread i am getting anxiety..i only did one internship for 3 months...
HOW FUCKED AM I?

Attached: sweatingPepe.png (604x613, 257K)

>I'm not even done with my degree yet and I already have received multiple offers since I quit the job I had a few months back.
I haven't even finished elementary school and already have multiple companies offering their ownership to me, because of how much of a badass I am at programming.

I needed almost 3 years to get a shitty code monkey job
my cousin, who didn't even finish school, earns more than me

How the fuck does networking even work? I don't plan on starting a company. I just want to get a job. Should I just keep talking to people I don't like in the hopes that they think of me when looking for someone to hire? Should I keep pestering them about how I'm looking for work? How do I do it?

>currently trying to get a CS degree
>tfw failed Algorithm class 3 times by now and if i fail the fourth time next year, im out

Attached: 1519042242692.jpg (650x490, 20K)

>99% of them consist of fapping to traps all day
Most internships are actually mostly doing the same work as regular employees for a quarter of their pay.

lmao

same boat bro
Algorithms by Robert Sedgewick sucks ass btw.

> Failing algorithms class
Maybe you shouldn't be in CS if you suck so much

you're already doing better than most.
Do an internship for 3 months or longer after uni and you're set.
Hell, i plan on doing 2 months next summer.
if you are really unsure, jst pause uni for a semester to do another one.

>studying computer science
>not bad at it but hate it
I don't want to spend the rest of my life having to comply with bullshit deadlines and know it all faggots

>1 semester till I finish CS degree
>Already have two companys actively messaging me about employment

Feels good man

Dude get a tutor

sure. By this point i have already passed 80 percent of all exams in my entire CS course. I literally already passed advanced algorithm class. Not even kidding, i just can't deal with the pressure in this one.
I literally passed all the homework series two times by now, but i still break under the exam pressure because so much is at stake.

Attached: pepe sofa.png (500x332, 75K)

I bet your handshake is soft as fuck.

I have a lot of really cool personal projects and shit, but absolutely no skill with networking or making friends.
How fucked am i?

What kind of plebs are u guys? I self-studied for 2 years for PHP, I don't even know laravel. Landed a job within 1.5 month.

Ur good, just have a lot to show. Don't apply for advanced software engineering jobs with 1 big software. Apply for jobs that have leads and you have to make websites / apps for small / medium customers.

University is the big problem. Self-learning is easy because you can learn at your own pace. University learning is very much "move or die"

You must be forgetting most people here have quite poor social skills, so even if their technical skills are adequate, which i guess they must be (considering the average Jow Forumsoyim is comparable or better at tech than your average CS grad), their social autism sinks their ship

>considering the average Jow Forumsoyim is comparable or better at tech than your average CS grad

Attached: 1390254764894.png (370x398, 285K)

I'm obviously not talking about top colleges, but your average mid low or community college tier grad.
They can't do anything other than basic webdev and pride themselves like they're fucking elite hackers or something

Pretty sure average user can’t even program.

Start a datamining thread with a strawpoll asking fa/g/s if they can program.

That sucks OP, i hope you find work soon. I'm in my last semester of uni and have multiple job offers. I did 4 internships, 3 of them at Fortune-100 companies. I worked on a bunch of personal projects and polished them. I was a tutor for one of my uni's harder cs classes and worked with my professors on their research and got my name on a few papers.

I attribute my relative success to studying hard and dropping all videogames. Installing Linux unironically helped, I haven't touched a windows or mac in 2 years or so.

What do you do for fun?

Personal programming projects when I have the time, otherwise its all school, interviews, and housework. I never really had friends my whole life do I guess that helped as well

you don't understand.
CS fags are nerds in the loosest sense of the word. They spent their time getting high and playing vidya. Nothing wrong with that, but they will not retain any of their knowledge and they will never try to learn anything except outdated course material for the test. I'd wager only 10 percent of them eventually study languages outside college and do internships.
I am responsible for any of the programming stuff in my courses, because i am a lot faster and organized than my comrades are. I had to explain Git to a 3rd year student and it was too confusing for him to use, even after i shared him multiple yt beginner guides.
90 percent in the course are like this. of those, about 50 percent are in it for the money and never realise until graduation, they will have to keep on learning. The other 50 percent are jsut your average NPC without any self-awareness and reddit as their main news source.

What school is this?

Not the user you asked, but every school mate

Mine didn't seem that bad.

I'm starting to think I won't make it.

>hear that there's a field with lots of jobs
>do the same thing as everyone else and go to school for it
>do nothing to distinguish yourself from other students
>don't secure a job before you graduate
lmao you deserve what you get

Attached: taytay.gif (340x420, 283K)

welcome to the real world

I like this expression, because it implies that, unless you are currently employed or seeking employment, you are living in an unreal world.

At my uni about 90% were employed after the morons got filtered out and I'm pretty sure that average work experience after finishing it was at least 2 years.

Being actually paid in an internship is already an achievement.

Is this how things are in America?
No same company here could expect not to be laughed at after offering an unpaid programmer internship.

Nah you talk to people with similar interests and you go from there.

>almost 2 years unemployed
>above average grades
>not an actual idiot
>1 internship at a good company
>been trying to find another internship, but companies doesn't offer any
>several first interviews, several successful coding tests, several second interview, still no job
>willing to spend 4 hours commuting per day
>not completely socially retarded, have friends
>I laugh at the stories about when people at interviews fail fizzbuzz or don't know what "%" does.

>media keeps saying that there's a shortage of 20000 people within IT in my country, and that they're starving for employees
>government labor agency in my country says that there's a shortage of software developers, and that there will still be 5 years from now

>been told by IT consultant companies that they could price me at less than half the hourly fee compared to someone with 2-3 years experience and still no company would want me as a consultant
>been told by companies that they've had lots of applications, when there's a supposed shortage
>been told by an employer that he interviews 5 people per week and that he only employs 1/10 people, he still claims that there's a shortage of developers
>been told several times that I have an "attractive education"

>even if I wanted to move I can't move because I don't have that kind of money
>no low wage business wants me because I'm overqualified and are scared I'll leave soon after being employed by them, wasting their ramp-up time

>I genuinely wanted to be a developer, but I also fell for the "easy to get a job" meme

It depends on your field. For software developer internships, getting paid is the norm.

In my area, software dev interns average $20/hr

>and you go from there
please elaborate this part fully

>$20/hr
That's more than twice as much as what I make

Interns are only at a company for a few months and dont get any benefits like health/dental/vision insurance or PTO or sick leave, so it kind of evens out.

>tfw 3 job offers just from time spent as working student
>tfw weekly cold-approaches from headhunters on linkedin
>didn't even do anything special or amazing, zero awards or similar
You should have spent your time studying more productively, user. Now you get to slave away at some underpaid internship as a graduate instead of jumping right into full employee with benefits and the whole shebang.

Attached: 1523818720289.jpg (1561x2048, 319K)

Welcome to the NEET club, you're here forever.

>8 month programming course
>get a job after less than a month
>good paying job as well

What made you do the mistake of going to university?

Huh? Algorithms is one of the easiest CS classes. Not only that, it is a fundamental CS course. If you can't pass it the first time, you probably don't belong in this field.

You've got to get out of the boomer mindset and stop expecting people to just hand you a job right out of college. Stop being a victim and try to understand what employers are looking for, and fill that gap.

Also you should have networked in college while you still had the time, you useless piece of shit.

Don't tell me you actually wasted time *studying* during college, right?
You're supposed to cheat on all coursework and spend that time networking and getting into nepotism, since you're gonna learn the actually relevant stuff on the job anyway.
The whole point of college is figuring this one out.

Based. What language do you use?

not that guy but Oracle tried to offer me an internship for barely above minimum wage right before i graduated.
I had 2 years of experience developing and maintaining JEE applications used in production at that point.

Companies will always throw out trash offers just to see if they can't find some cheap idiots.

Not legal in America. Know some people that still do it as desperation for experience though.

OP what did you do after your graduation?

Just send applications?

>didn't get an internship in college

Your fault bro. Might as well apply to the local McDonald's

I have never heard of an unpaid software developer internship. I get paid $22/hour for mine and I think I am underpaid.

lower your standards, your need experience ASAP.
and stop jerking it off to chinese cartoons in your spare time and work on studying / polishing your skills.

Also as to ex-classmates that actually got jobs for possible oportunities.

Did you go to a shitty school? No internship or projects? Ba? I had a $80k job lined up before even graduating with cs bs

Has OP even relied once ITT?

maybe you should stop wasting your parents money and start sucking cock for a living.

This. Post your CV and we’ll help you. It’s probably shit but you think it’s great.

>thinking a university degree is specific vocational training
A common mistake

>ITT:
People being stupid.

The situation is different everywhere.

There are states even in the US alone where the job opportunities are great and state where the same positions are laughable (pay-wise etc).

Attached: 1360405583592725[1].png (511x410, 27K)

is a general advice to be honest. This goes to everyone that is struggling getting a job.

I was lucky enough to get a job on my last year in university and i was there for 4 years, after that getting jobs wasn't that hard specially if I actually applied to some instead for idling thinking something good would come up out of nowhere.
Also it took a lot of effort from my part on self-learning new stuff while I was working to keep up to date with that the market needs. My first job was developing in informix-4gl, an old ass language that has literally 0 market value, did that for 4 years and luckily i started studying php/laravel on my own since i knew webdev is hot where i live. Second job was some shitty startup for about 8 months doing laravel and currently i'm working mostly with python.

Just keep applying, any job and some spare money is better than not job and no money, remember that the older that you get the harder would it be to get a job, specially if you lack actual experience.

>his cv was not written in LaTex
stay umemployed pleb

You're fine IF the "shitty" job is in the right field imo.

>Go to local hackerspace
>Work on stupid projects and drink
>Help out others, have others help you
>Get reccomendations and the drop on jobs

It's not hard user. Just hop in IRC and get out off the wired every now and again

>not researching that shit ahead of time.

Use your resources. Your uni probably has a career center that helps people get jobs. In my case they looked at my resume. If not your uni there are usually free community programs for poorfags.

Looks at the part where things are breaking down and focus on that. If you are getting no callbacks, you have a bad resume or are a bad candidate. If you do a phone interview and never get a response, you need to work on that. And so on.

US unemployment is incredibly low. Even shit candidates should have a shot. If you're willing to work for peanuts just to get in the door and get more offers that works too.

I worked for $12k below my target for the first job I had (no internships in college ) and 7 months later I had a new non internship job worth 17k more.

People are actually graduating with CS degrees without jobs lined up? You guys really need to do some internships and work on your profile.

Build a good GitHub, LinkedIn, resume, and study your ass off for interviews. No reason to not have multiple offers lined up coming out of school.

this
school is as much if not more for networking than actual learning. y'know those dead weights y'all is always complaining about having to carry in group projects. yeah well they've got excellent social skills and will likely have a job before you. instead of being a dick to them, use them just like they're using you

>expert vague understanding
my sides everytime

underage b&

Full stack PHP, but currently learning node.js and .NET

Had three offers from top companies from SF + Amazon 6 months before grad.
Don't waste your time in college, shit'll pay off

That's true. It's easier to do while at college though, specially for socially inept people.
You get to work with other people in group projects, and by doing so you quickly learn who's a flake, and who's someone who can be depended upon.
If your work is good enough, you'll even cause a good impression on people beyond those you directly work with. I still remember two people from my student days, and one was an actual autist, so that's no valid excuse. The former worked at a level beyond many ""professionals"" with PGP code signing, automated build systems, Git, and using Linux (on a Thinkpad, kek) waaay before finishing his degree, and the latter wrote an ASCII Pokemon-like game right after he learnt the basics (print, input, and if statements) of some pseudocodeish language. The source code was a utter clusterfuck, but it didn't detract from the experience.

I've been in charge of hiring a few times, and I'll tell you something: I won't even post a public job posting unless that's literally my last option. Too much noise. It goes like this: people who I've personally worked with, recommendations of trusted friends/colleagues, people who have caused a positive impression on me, recommendations from other people in the industry, public job posting. Once it came to the latter, which was when I did hiring for the first time and wanted to be "fair". Fuck, my idealism wore away very quickly after a few one-on-one interviews. Fizzbuzz became a meme for a reason.

You can do it, silly frogposter! Make sure you're sleeping well, and give hard topics a last review before going to sleep. When you wake up you'll understand them a little better.

It's a big plus. Make sure they're either accessible from a browser (if webshit), or at the very least include screenshots of it working somewhere (e.g. in the README).

What country?

Attached: 99.7_percent_anime.gif (225x324, 3.36M)