Hey user...

>hey user, I didn't feel like paying you for the last 2 hours of code you wrote so you'll only get 6 hours worth of pay today, sorry buddy
>the code is still there on your computer though haha, I haven't stolen anything, I just copied what you'd written
>don't you have like $10k in the bank anyway? you don't even need my money haha

Attached: pirating_boss.jpg (1023x682, 65K)

Garnished wages?

Seriously why don't code cucks just grow a pair and stand up for their workers rights...?

ITT: shit that happens to antisocial beta cucks only.

A cunt once said this to me while I was doing some contract for the police.

>"user, you don't need the money now, I'm holding them in escrow for you. When you need them, you call me and we'll work something out"

It was like 120$. I was 17. Told him to stuff his escrow up his ass and send the money that fucking minute.

Got a message

"Sent it, user"

>be a programmer
>don't unionize because hurr durr our profession is unlike any other
>share your code on github for imaginary internet points
>share your knowledge, ideas, tools and processes on blogs for imaginary internet points
>be surprised the rates/wages are constantly going down
>be surprised there's $HUGE_NUM of fresh graduates willing to replace you for less
>be surprised there's $EVEN_BIGGER_NUM of third worlders willing to replace you for a bowl of rice
>be surprised your boss can fuck with you any way he pleases
>be surprised you're a literal prole
wew

Fuck you scammer! Im paid for the time I clocked 9 am to 5 pm. Not whether you like my work or not. Now you better pay me before I single-handedly destroy your pathetic corporation

cancer

I'd take that over getting called into your boss' office because you shrugged at a cunt who asked you for a absurd 'emergency' request and you followed through.

There is no job protection in programming and it's even worse in IT. in Ireland the is an artificially low number of college places available to be a doctor or surgeon or accountant or pharmacist and especially lawyer. This makes sure they get stupid high pay. Whereas anyone and everyone can go on YouTube and lrn2kode. Wish I knew that before I went to college.... ten years ago

ITT things that are illegal.

Is everyone on this board really so dense that you guys couldn't understand OP is trying to have a piracy discussion? I mean shit we have like 5 of those right now so this thread should die but how the fuck can you be so retarded

I don't believe this really happened but if it did you should have quit that second.

I think it's because OP's analogy is retarded. In the analogy, the company is paying OP for his time and the work he produces, and they get to keep ownership of that work. In A&E you're paying for the media, and most media distributors are pushing for every legal loophole to say that you don't even own that even if you're a paying customer.

>piracy
Piracy is robbery on the high seas.

Per contract i only surrender the rights to code i write during working hours to you.
See you in court for copyright infringement.

>Not knowing that OP is talking about piracy
wew

yea i dearly remember that one time i pirated 2 random percent of a software

>piracy
see

>piracy
>piracy
>i pirated 2 random percent of a software
What you're referring to as piracy, is in fact, prohibited filesharing, or as I've recently taken to calling it, sharing with your neighbour. Piracy is not a crime unto itself, but rather another piece of propaganda of a dysfunctional media industry propagated by publishers and harmful laws like the DMCA.

Many computer users partake in prohibited filesharing everyday, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, prohibited filesharing is often called "piracy", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the sharing information with your neighbour.

There really is piracy, and some people are doing it, but sharing is not ethically equivalent to attacking ships on the high seas, kidnapping and murdering the people on them.

how am I suppose to know that you fucking massive retard op?

are you mentally retarded?

>What you're referring to as piracy, is in fact, prohibited filesharing, or as I've recently taken to calling it, sharing with your neighbour. Piracy is not a crime unto itself, but rather another piece of propaganda of a dysfunctional media industry propagated by publishers and harmful laws like the DMCA.

>uses copyright laws to enforce copyleft
>perfectly fine with violating the copyrights of others for reasons unrelated to bettering one's self

Most programmers think of themselves as rock stars who are so indispensable that their employer would never consider fucking with them or arbitrarily firing them even when that's exactly what happens, the rest think of themselves as being more deserving of labor protections than their blue-collar neighbor so they end up shooting themselves in the foot

>perfectly fine
I never said that.

except pirates don't pay for any % of the work
OP is describing a boss about to get sued for not paying their employees, or if they adjust hours, a labor department complaint and a lawsuit

says the person interjecting like a stallmanite retard.

Invalid. Ad Hominem.

Wow sorry I didn't understand his retarded metaphor that makes absolutely no sense.

the problem with this argument is that mega corps or super rich artists have a bit more than 10k in the bank

Irrelevant argument since their work is also beneficial to a proportionally bigger number of people.

People do this?

If you do that i'll sue the shit out of you

Is it, though? Employers wouldn't want to be sued by programmer and if they had money they'd pay to avoid that. As for piracy, it's not worth the effort because more resources would go towards catching pirates than they would get back out of it. Best they can do is transfer some shekels into OP's account and let him try to brainwash people into not pirating.

>pirates
What you're referring to as piracy, is in fact, unauthorized copying, or as I've recently taken to calling it, unauthorized sharing. Piracy is not the act of obtaining an unauthorized copy of a copyrighted work, but rather robbery or criminal violence at sea.

Many computer users make unauthorized copies every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the act which is widely performed today is often called piracy, and many of the people who do it are not aware that it is basically copying, and not stealing.

There really is a piracy, and some people are doing it, but it is just robbery at sea. Piracy is an act of theft: an action at sea in which goods are forcefully transferred from one ship to another. Piracy is important to be aware of, but unrelated to unauthorized copying; it can only function at sea. Piracy is normally not used in combination with unauthorized copying: the two acts are basically seperate. All the so-called piracy is really unauthorized copying.

coding on company hardware and time = the code belongs to the company, most working contracts will have something like that

this analogy is bonkers and OP should feel bad, but he already got his 100 replies so well played