/hpg/ - Headphone general, Z for Zeos edition

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: 5593E4F6-831E-443D-B8D6-108D225A97BA.jpg (748x805, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Yamaha-HS5-Powered-Studio-Monitor/dp/B00CFOX420
amazon.com/Klipsch-KB-15-4-Inch-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B00AS3X740/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1538937805&sr=8-2&keywords=klipsch icon
ascendacoustics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AD&Product_Code=9HVL1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

God I wish I had a body like that

Pls spoonfeed me, /hpg/.

What are the best budget earphones for running?

Attached: athleta-bikini1.jpg (2434x3255, 682K)

Why does he have a girlfriend? And what does she look like?

ryan is making an argon mod for the t60rp

godbless him

Attached: 1493203035803.png (645x773, 21K)

god is making an argon mod for the t60rp

ryan bless him

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1527952823994.png (1280x960, 1.64M)

What's a good price for a 6XX lightly used

tfw when spent all this money and still not any happier.

Attached: 1469763111138.jpg (198x328, 16K)

my m50x are moldy as shit I need new headphones I am not an audiophile retard what headphones should a person who listens music through youtube buy?

HD 58X from assdrop

>Budget
200 burgers tops
>Location
Europoor
>Source
Laoptop/pc
>Type of headphone
Over ear, on if they're comfortable(cant imagine that though)
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
Maximum, will use a lot
>Sound signature
Neutralish
>Past headphones
All sorts of low build quality and acceptable at best sound garbage

comfort>build quality/sound

that must suck, I'm enjoying every second with my headphones

pls respond to this. I need motivation to run

Really wish I had the shekels for the Aeon Closed

fffuuu

is rather easy to argonize the t60rp, just need yo install the baffle upgrade from mayflower and you're done

Until you want to upgrade.

But I don't! I don't see why I would, I got everything I want.

I have to tell you this, /hpg/. I had a dream about sitting in some kind of classroom. I was hearing a loud enough irritating music, coming like from a shitty radio. But when I turned my head, I saw someone is playing it through my headphones. I grabbed it to check if it's alright, but one side had a buzz. I woke up.

You say that now, but what about that ONE pair of headphones you are still curious about? Just one more pair couldn't hurt...

>still curious
The ones I was curious, I tried, and I picked the ones I liked the most.
>one more pair
Why would I own more than one pair of headphones, if they fulfill everything I want from them?

have you heard about our lord and savior STAX!!!

Good luck keeping that ideology.

wtf the dt 770s really have recessed mids, listening to "Loveless" by my bloody valentine

Thanks! Been doing fine for two years so far.

So what, the vocals sound distant?

Might I ask what you're using?

DT1990. Took them as replacement for the T90 when they broke.

Is it normal to have a small surface scratch on a new headphone cable? I could send them back. Am I just being an autist?

Attached: autism.jpg (434x771, 22K)

That's the only pair you have? Those are nice.

I can't believe you found that, it's not like it could do anything whatsoever to the sound. Sending it back is super autist.

enjoying my TR-X00 right now but I do wish the bass was tighter
to give you an idea, this is like HD650 bass with a bit more presence (particularly in the sub-bass area) but the same overall bloated feel
this is unexpected considering this is Fostex, but I'd say this is a better headphone at doing vocals than anything else

I have the DT1350 to take with me on travels, but otherwise yes.

Ebony, Mahogany or Purpleheart?

mahogany
no sibilance issues whatsoever though

someone please respond

>le funny word switcheroo XD

Attached: 1538396626164.jpg (750x738, 28K)

K7XX

import an HD58X from massdrop, pay VAT and customs on it and still retain a

HD58X should be perfect for you.

Attached: _DSC2669.jpg (1000x1777, 982K)

fuck off sennshill

lol @ you

Try the Philips Fidelio X1S. It's a Chinese model, so importing will be required. It might be a better choice than other near priced models from Senn, Beyer, AKG, etc.

>Budget
200-250 burger dollars
>Location
eastern europe
>Source
Laptop, can add more bux for amp if needed.
>Type of headphone
Over ear
>Open or closed
never heard open cans so kinda spooked
>Comfort level
max comfy, long listening sessions, long movies
>Sound signature
I like hip hop so I guess v-shaped
>Past headphones
m40x

Attached: l3nwqsjhrvq01.png (1280x1788, 737K)

AD900X + Brainwavz pads, DT880 250ohms, K612.

>schiit stack + hd6xx
have my upboat fellow redditor

name of headphone stand and cable please.

What? The HD6XX and HD58X are good all-around headphones. I still say SHP9500 is the best value thoough in all of headphones from my experience.

I'm a europoor and I'm considering buying beyer dt770. Is this just a meme or am I doing right?

it's alright, depends on what you want out of it

Read reviews. Apparently they have really good bass.

They have elevated bass and treble. The biggest concern is the later. If you're ok with this kind of sound, then it's a good pick.

Nice.

Sennheiser HD600.
>I like hip hop so I guess
Genre has nothing to do with favored signature. Always start with a good neutral headphone.

What are some nice replacement pads for MDR 7506? Hopefully something slightly more comfortable that the OEM ones because my ears would touch the plastic inside the cans and after a while it would hurt.
Mine split and all the foam has fallen out so they're unusable

Brainwavz memory foam feels great but added distance to drivers will affect sound.

Won't the lack of bass make some genres boring? Hip hop needs some oomph

Attached: aMjYPBR_460s.jpg (453x492, 24K)

>HD600
>neutral

how dare you suggest the hd600 aren't perfect

made the cable myself

stand is a $20 from just mobile

you need 650's

Keep the cable and try to cope with the autism.

it will absolutely
t. thought it wouldn't

Not gonna lie, I'm not usually a huge fan of such "bare" braided cables, as they tend to look somewhat messy and unfinished, but that one looks damn nice! I'd have a personally opted for a less bulky Y-splitter perhaps, though. But nitpicking. Really cool.
What 3.5mm plug did you use, btw?

don't want headphones; want bookshelf speakers and an ok amp. what's the entry level meme for this? the fluance signature yellow memes and some shity chink amp?

Attached: file.png (676x481, 339K)

If you don't like a bassy headphone you're not gonna like it even if you listen to hiphop.

amazon.com/Yamaha-HS5-Powered-Studio-Monitor/dp/B00CFOX420
Get two of these. If you're in a space bigger than a small shitty apartment you can go for HS8. They're wonderful wonderful speakers. Amp is up to you, Focusrite Scarletts are decent and cheap.

two of those is much more expensive than the fluance yellows. i don't have golden ears. is there something wrong with the fluance ones? i see them all the time in """audiophile""" setups.

Depends if you want closed or not, if you want closed then they're pretty swell bass is heavier than my preference but not full on nig-bass my buddy has a pair and loves them. The 990's are open and a little more "fun sounding"TM, and the 880's are the most neutral of the trio, also open.

I have them, they're pretty good but definitely need a subwoofer. I use the Pioneer sw-8mk2. But then again, any bookshelf speaker needs a subwoofer. I ended up buying some small Klipsch bookshelf speakers (R-14M) because they fit better on my desk. I also like the brighter sound. The fluance aren't very bright.

I would look into these too: amazon.com/Klipsch-KB-15-4-Inch-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B00AS3X740/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1538937805&sr=8-2&keywords=klipsch icon

Klipsch KB-15 Icon. They are very efficient speakers, much easier to drive than the Fluance.

Why are you here then? Audiophile communities aren't about having enjoyment with your purchases. It's about justifying your purchases with choice support bias then pretending to enjoy them. So keep shilling for these companies that laugh at the audio hobby since it's easy money from lonely losers with too much spare cash.

I miss anime feet images

>>Klipsch KB-15 Icon
do these need a subwoofer as well?

There are very few speakers that don't need subs.

Like I said, all bookshelf speakers need a sub. Does it mean you absolutely have to use one? No. The KB-15 are rated 62khz - 23khz. Says Low Frequency Extension is 54hz. So I'm sure they would be serviceable without a sub. But if you feel like something is lacking in the sound, it'd be the low-end.

alright. i'll probabyl get the KB-15s and if it feels bassless i'll pick up a sub. thanks.

No problem, enjoy.

It's time to grow up and move past chinese cartoons, user.

Is Auteur good or should I get Atticus

you need both for the ultimate audiophile experience

Is soundstage supposed to be in front of you or behind you?

Attached: 1487183462333.jpg (813x885, 187K)

aeolus (open back atticus) will be on preorder nov 16th for $999

depends which way you put on your headphones

some people have phase problems which puts the soundstage behind them instead of infront of them like it should be

a few threads ago in /ag/ i posted that i bought these and everyone said to fucking cancel them right away.

>phase problems
it's mostly as simple as the personal hrtf not matching to what the headphone manufacturer is doing in terms of target, angling and so on

Wavecrest HVL1 is one step up on zeos guide, and you can buy then for 184 shipped brand new from Ascend Acoustics, the guys who designed them, as opposed to wavecrest themselves, which brings a pair closer to 250 shipped.

ascendacoustics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AD&Product_Code=9HVL1

Attached: IMG_2273_1024x1024.jpg (1024x683, 27K)

DT880 250ohms

With headphones and ordinary recordings, if it ends up in either direction, it is bound to be an accident.
Binaural recordings and other spatial simulations for headphones may try to throw the sonic image in front but can be confused for sounds behind easily (HRTF front-back reversal).

HRTF has nothing to do with this. HRTF is the transfer function from some distance away from the subject's head to a point in the ear. The treble response issues typical of headphones are collectively part of the near-field resonances between the headphone and the pinna.

>Budget
267$ (1000 Polish Złoty)
>Location
Poland
>Source
Aune X1s or Aune T1 SE through USB
>Type of headphone
Full size over ear
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
it doesn't matter.
>Sound signature
Neutral as possible with a large soundstage.
>Past headphones
AKG K240 Studio. I quite like them, but I feel that bass is a little too muddy.

I'd recommend HD6XX. The soundstage is not huge though, more medium. They are neutral but with a tad bit of warmth. The bass is quite good.

AKG K702 are neutral with a large soundstage, but a bit bass shy. DT880 is also worth looking into, but they are semi-open.

I should say K7XX instead of K702. Apparently they boost the bass a bit from the K702.

my soundstage has always been behind me

then you're not a headphone guy

Buy based Grados.

Attached: CBD2465A-7FB7-419F-B3E7-B879B8CCDC2F.jpg (2272x1704, 1.48M)

Is that iggy pop?

Tfw k712 master race

Attached: 1492887295757.gif (128x128, 151K)

I would say my soundstage is slightly behind me aswell. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

>but they are semi-open.
For all effects they are the same as open, they don't isolate at all and have better stage/imaging than the DT770 which is closed, they are only considered semi-open because they have a thicker layer of fabric behind the drivers than the DT990, which is the official Open-back of the line.