Adorable GPU edition

>Create a parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a guide for your socket

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose and graphics card pairing.
>Don't use Speccy. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.
>For Win7 in Ryzen, refer to pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

CPU
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>Wait for 9700k - Almost surely best for 1080p gaming
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than current GPUs. Just a marketing gimmick to rip off idiots
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others which have small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 for lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti, but awful value.
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>NVMe are not for gaming; See "More"

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous thread
More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: 14-137-308-V02.jpg (1280x960, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pccasegear.com/products/27879/noctua-nf-p14s-redux-140mm-1500rpm-pwm-fan
pcpartpicker.com/list/ZKyKkd
newegg.com/global/be/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0ZX4R46086&ignorebbr=1
youtu.be/I7AfQ730Zwc?t=64
twitter.com/AnonBabble

CUTE
U
T
E

Which gtx 1060 6gb version would you recommend?
The palit dual is the cheapest i can find how are they?

>Ryzen TR 1920x
>RTX 2080
>X399 Taichi motherboard

Would this machine be ok for Deep Learning (TM) (R) and lite data analytics stuff? (less than 100 million datapoints)

Nitro+

Attached: FB_IMG_1534264066457.jpg (600x453, 26K)

Attached: what are we gonna do on the motherboard.jpg (684x626, 349K)

for deep lrn use VEGA or TITANX/QUADRO

thingken bout scrapping the i7+cooler and getting a 2700x instead

probably just wait for 9700k tho

Attached: build.png (1242x952, 90K)

Titan X is no longer in stock and Quadro is a money grub meme.

Unironically the best choice. Either go 1070, or Rx 580 nitro+.
Bought myself one with a 2600x and run Arma3 in 1080p at 60fps in ultra. High on 100+ mp.

I bought this thing thinking it was a microITX size upright case
>i don't even know if they make those

It turned out to be miniATX so it's just as big as my last tower, and makes my ITX motherboard look smol

Attached: 41eJmj4-WEL.jpg (221x500, 23K)

pccasegear.com/products/27879/noctua-nf-p14s-redux-140mm-1500rpm-pwm-fan

Thoughts on these fans for a Define C? Or should I be looking at a different kind of 140mm Noctua fan?

Why would you need a small case when you have space for big one?

He asked for the best 1060 6gb.

But the best 1060 6gb is RX580 8gb.

Bros, I want a system for audio engineering and occasional games. The games I usually spend the most time are heavily modded morrowind (it's heavy on graphics, because not optimized very well) and maybe Football Manager or Soulshit.

Here's a prospective build I'm thinking:
pcpartpicker.com/list/ZKyKkd

I never built a machine myself, and I am afraid of assembling it myself and screwing up, because of airflow and assembling the liquid cooling correctly. Because of this, I'm thinking about ordering it at a local shop that seems dedicated to assembling custom machines, they did my old one but that one I had no idea and they basically chose the parts for me (I was 17, 8 years ago). I am in the EU, Portugal, btw.

I also want to include the HDD from my old desktop (fried motherboard) as well as a texas instruments firewire card I have mounted there (to connect my present audio interface). I think I could mount these two by myself. In one year I will be buying a new thunderbolt audio interface, but for now I still need that card.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Attached: E5730332A3C847D68AE7EB9C5FDD0686.jpg (664x1277, 556K)

Attached: FB_IMG_1535009252532.jpg (164x96, 2K)

Actually you don't need a liquid cooling at all. Some air cooler even better than that.

>pay more for worse performing card because muh nvidia

i would ejaculate inside her vagina

Will this PSU work in Europe (Belgium) ?
newegg.com/global/be/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0ZX4R46086&ignorebbr=1

Updated game+work build. Only $100 over budget. Anything wrong, or that can be replaced with cheaper parts without too much loss?

Attached: 1516553818196.png (695x551, 46K)

>audio engineering
Mac is the only patrician choice. Whatever people might tell you, every professional software like protools are optimized for it.
t. sound engi.

The reason I'm thinking about liquid is because the small room I have my home studio in has terrible airflow, because it's loaded with acoustic panels, guitar and bass amps, mics, studio monitors, hardware compressors, etc. My old desktop fried because it was always overheating, and I suspect it was because the room had poor airflow.

I would too, my friend. Also in her rectum, if you know whatht I mean.

>Cards trade blows
>Cheapest 1060 6gb is an evga that costs 15 dollars more than the cheapest 580 8gb which is a gigabyte

Stop shilling retard, the cards are about equal in value. If someone wants a 1060, tell them which one or shut the fuck up. Maybe he does Adobe editing and doesn't want your garbage amd

And is the stock cooler really fine if im not going to overclock?

Attached: 1517760626837.jpg (208x201, 8K)

Im certain you will pay less if you buy it in europe

Yes

Yikes, cringed hard

Please, don't. I have been doing this as an hobby for years now. I have recorded multiple albums, but now I focus only on my music. I work in Cubase and will not change. Cubase is more than optimized on Windows. I'm not suddenly going to start doing this, and I refuse to buy anything by Apple. If it works for you, fine, but a lot of top studios use windows, bro... It's personal preference.

Ryzen 2600X came with wraith spire so yes, it should be fine even with little OC.

You need an adaptor manolo.

Attached: AmericanVsEuropeanPlug.png (609x511, 224K)

>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming

Kill yourself shill.

Attached: 1538419587419.png (500x970, 49K)

no one claims that. amd is better for work, and in the mid range.

Also forgot to mention, I am probably going to use to program my systematic/algorithmic trading prototyping in Python (I'm not a dev, I'm a quant so I am shit at programming, I know).

>barely worse perfomance
>dont even need a cooler so you save 100-150usd total

Liquid cooling doesn't magically make your terrible airflow room any cooler. All you need is a case with good airflow and decent case fans.

If you want to save money you buy 2600 or 8400. If you want BEST gaing performance you go 8700k. The 2700x is garbage waste of money. Kys shill.

No, but supposedly it allows the heat to transfer to the fluid and not being 100% dependent on the air particles that come from outside to transfer that heat to.

Imagine believing this. How sad.

And what if that fluid doesn't cool down fast enough?

>Calling something cringe
>Using yikes in the same sentence

Attached: DfoN_FEUEAAtsGE.jpg (1200x794, 121K)

Then I can just replace it.

>conventionally ignoring the significantly cheaper 2600x and 8400 being 1.1% worse and 1.2% better respectively
>b-b-but the 2700x is 3.4% worse and slightly cheaper

The amd shills are pathetic.

BECAUSE THEY'RE CUTE

how disappointing is the 9700k going to be

8 cores of 5.5ghz does sound pretty weak

Not me.

It's still safer than being totally reliant on the incoming air particles, bro. It's making the best of a bad situation. I'm not going to be gimping myself by buying a small case (check my build), but I have to work with the room I'm in.

I've worked on iMacs and Mac Pros all of my career. Some dubbing company I was working with and a studio(for a TV show) was Windows and it was simply working 1.5 to 3 times slower, and crashed twice as often. I hate Mac too, I personally don't own one, but it just works better when it comes to that.
Feel free to build a Windows.

Not as disappointing as Ryzen 2xxx flagship being much worse than budget Coffee Lake that released half a year earlier.

probably not at all

Maybe their machines were just shit, or even their hardware, like audio interface/cars. A lot of factors to take into account. Windows or Mac is not really the limiting factor, in my small experience.

reeeeeeeeeeeee

Attached: Untitled.png (720x91, 11K)

Well if you trust in liquid cooling then it's your. I'm against any small cases and I did check your build. While Corsair Air 540 is decent enough, a case with 3x140mm or 2x200mm intake might suit you better.

Replace the GTX 1080 with a RX Vega 56 and flash the bios to a Vega 64 and overclock. GTX 1080 performance for $400.

Thanks for that advice. Any case in specific you think is appropriate? I'm completely ignoring about that subject.

I need cuda otherwise id consider it

youtu.be/I7AfQ730Zwc?t=64

*ignorant on

They have a press conference or some shit tomorrow I heard.

Everything was top of the line, the computers were 1 year old (it was 1.5 years ago) their tables were top 5 professional tables.
Listen bruv, I told you, it just works better. You are very reluctant to try and I understand. But it's day and night. When I use cubase it's so shit, I only use it for drum patterns.

I have worked on ProTools more than once. I am just accustomed to Cubase, and I am way more productive there. I also have to program all my drums, and I need powerful MIDI editing tools to make them semi realistic. I also use wavelab to master. I'm more than fine, I am not going to compromise a good machine that I am going to use for other tasks just so that I can use a specific DAW. That's fucking stupid.

what could be wrong with my PC anons?
>use for entire year with no problems
>turn around cpu cooler for better airflow
>turn it on
>get absolutely no post when gpu is plugged in, doesn't matter which pcie slot
>runs well off integrated graphics
>fuck around with settings for a week
>suddenly get it to work yesterday
>use it for the entire day with no problems
>turn it on this morning and get no post again, didn't touch anything
>fuck around with more settings, get it to work again randomly
>get excited, turn it off to plug in rest of cables, don't touch any parts because the side window is on
>black screens again
I'm so fucking tired of this shit. can someone help?

Attached: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (720x960, 31K)

Cooler master H500M, or H500P if you want a cheaper.

Attached: H500M.jpg (800x468, 98K)

Yeah, the shit cooler ones. If you want a 1060 6gb with a decent cooler, they start at $270. Meanwhile, 580 8gb pulse is $240. If you want shit coolers, the 580 is still $22 cheaper. For anything under a 1070, AMD is clearly better.

*H500P mesh edition

Taking into account that the other tasks you want to indulge in are Morrowind and football manager, you won't miss out on them if you go Mac.
You do you.

Not just that:
Also, Morrowind is almost unplayable on Mac.

>muh 3 frames difference per 100 frames
what is this autism?

Oooh, looks fancy. Thanks!

>fuck around with settings for a week
>suddenly get it to work yesterday

Is that with the GPU installed while you were fucking around, or without it?

My guess is either the ram is going, the power supply may not be up to running it with the gpu, or maybe the gpu is going bad.

If you had the gpu in while it was starting to work and have another system, try your GPU in the other system and see if these issues pop back up. Also try running it with 1 dimm and see how stable it is. I don't think it's ram because that normally blue screens but worth a shot.

>turn around cpu cooler for better airflow
Also try re-seating your CPU. Probably wiggled the sucker loose if it's a LGA like intel chips.

Ill look into this again, but last time I looked amd was still shit compared to cuda.

I did find a saphire vega 64 for the same price, but since I dont need Gsync, I can get a $100 cheaper monitor thats the same with freesync
The saphire 56 is just as expensive as the 64, but I did find for $100 less:
>Gigabyte RX VEGA 56 GAMING OC
>Asus RX Vega 56 ROG Strix OC

Thats $200 less for what looks like the same in game performance?

Either an AMD shill posting this every threads so he can justify that difference not being worth the price.
Or an Intel shill posting this every threads to puss AyyMD lads off.
Even might be a troll harbouring (you)s. Never seen it get less than 4 answers.

Also,
> 3 frames per 100fps
You forgot
> With the best GPU

that feel when you want to blow 1500 building a beastly pc but the upgrade you need is only mid tier

here is your 5 rupees, thank you Sir for doing the needful and supporting Intel (TM).

Fuck these GPU prices, fucking shit jews. All I want is to upgrade from my aging r9 290 which sounds like a fucking jet engine and every goddamn gpu is still over or barely near their original msrp

Used hardware worth it?
If yes, where to?

I own a 2600X with an RX 580?

Difference between cards of the same chip are usually in build quality, heat sink, occasionally native water cooling, manufacturer OC, better warranty programs, and a few other things.

It can be very worth it to geta high end version of a cheaper chip because a lot of the bonuses make it a more reliable product.

There's going to be some performance loss, but it's like, 5 or 10 fps, unless it's GTA V or a Unreal Engine game.

Attached: CHERRY_PICKED_BENCHMARK.png (1911x1069, 989K)

Not all of us are huge manchildren that buy PCs just to play MUH GAYMES. Compiling, video editing, numeric workloads, and loads of professional workloads benefit from a higher core count. So while the 8400 may be slightly better than a 2700, the value the 2700 brings to the table is greater. Now fuck off.

580 is 200.

1070 is like 350ish new in some makes 250ish used.

1080 and 1080ti you won't see below 400 yet even chinese ex mining devices on ebay.

Just upgrade to a 1070 or 1070ti if all you do is 1080p.

Im looking at some bega 56 vs 64 benchmarks (fps in real games) right now, and what the hell is up with it. the 56 is almost the same in most, and sometimes even beats the 64.

Why do you empty your nerves on me kek?
And whether you like it or not, maybe 9/10 here build with gayming in mind.
I'm this guy too

64 has better virtualization and is more of a machine learning card. Its more of a production card then for gaming.

So yeah theres a reason the 56 and 64 was immidiately sold out for mining purposes on release.

>9/10 people here build with gaming in mind

Stop taking shit out of your ass and leaving it here.

That is one retarded assumption you got there m8.

best case for less than 50 bucks?

Does anyone buy used hardware here?
Does anyone sell their old hardware to buy new?

Gaymen

Work.

And it's a lite one. Been lurking this thread for over a week, it's based on observation.

>newfag making (false) assumptions
no wonder

Where did the 2700x touch you?

These are my current 2 choices. Ill sleep on it.

Attached: 1531113067774.png (1460x512, 71K)

gonna be watching anime, doing light work for school, and playing indie games. Thinking of going with the r5 2400g so it makes more sense slapping in a small gpu later on, if I feel like it. My budget's ~600$, preferably under. Any (constructive) input is appreciated.

Attached: 1100.png (701x561, 58K)

Mi r is work and games, which is why I got a amd CPU, it's up to 50% faster for compressing and decompressing files than the equivalent Intel, and only slightly worse at games.

You can propably save some money by using a bit slower ram.

The 2400G is $150, how come your 2200G is $130?
You would be better off with 2400-2666MHz RAM. 3200MHz on that CPU seems like a waste.
500W is overkill, you don't need more than 250W as of now.

I suppose you are the "GAME+work" guy.
(De)compression on a 2600X is 2Mo/s faster than the 8600K on 7Zip, 3Mo/s than the 8400. Same speed on WinRAR.
Check your priorities son, I bet that 1080 is not for them huge files.

>100 - 240 V 50/60 Hz
It's right there at the description.