Have a 2 year old Android phone

>have a 2 year old Android phone
>get no updates
Defend this, google shills.

Attached: android-9-pie-logo.jpg (1200x787, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=7863&idPhone2=6378
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Have 2 y/o iPhone, need to pay 90$ (battery) plus what ever apple charges you for to fix

Have 5 year old android, can charge while alseep, replaced the battery once for $15

I can carry on desu

I literally can't which is why I've been so hesitant to buy an android tablet and have instead been looking forward to the galaxy book 2
it does annoy me though that there are no amd tablet only intel

2 rupees have been deposited into your account

Yes, hit it big amnu has over paid me from 0.2 rupees

I can't, I got the s9+ and I know it'll be abandoned after the next update (which will arrive late as fuck)

I'll install custom roms which break half the features of this phone

Do you actually need them tho? My mother uses a nexus which is stuck on android 5 i think, and all the social media and messaging apps still work on it flawlessly. I think os updates are overrated, as long as the apps run your good

throw it in the bin and buy another one

they are cheap phones made to be thrown out

>buy chink-tier shovelware brands/devices
>be surprised when you don't get a single update
Samsung's flagship devices are officially supported for 3 years. And they're usually supported by LOS for at least twice as long. Google's devices are unofficially supported for 5+ years.
Almost everyone buys a new phone every 2-3 years anyways. Those who don't will either flash a ROM or won't even give a fuck about updates.

Also this . I know a few people who have pre-5.0 devices. All they need is a phone which also has modern IMs, nothing more.

>have 2 years old Redmi 4 Prime
>cost me $150
>got last update August 4th
>has higher resolution screen than the iPhone 8
>also has more RAM
>battery lasts twice as long
>looks like new because I've been using it in a wallet case most of the time
feels great having a better phone that cost me one firth of what itoddlers pay

also, OP is a lying faggot shill. Come on, show us a time-stamped picture of this Android phone you supposedly own.

yeah one of these phones that has a(i)ds in the operating system

>redmi note 4
>LOS
>1080P screen
>4100mAh battery
>microSD slot
>€130

feels great having a better phone that costs me 1/12 of that iToddlers pay for their shitty phone +accessories not included like a fucking fast charger LOL!

Look at these third world street-shitters boasting about their second rate chinkshit buying choices. Smells like a post-purchase rationalisation.

Name a relevant feature of an updated OS you shitstain.
Let me guess, all you will come up with will be muh security updates.

>Mido
>Gcam
Great phone.

Bug fixes

And secuirity updates

Androjeets finally admit that their shitstain of an OS is only getting slower and more bloated on each new release.

KEK
>iHomos projecting this hard

>chinkshit
where are apple products made again? oh right, it's China. The only difference between Xiaomi and Apple is that Xiaomi has a 5% profit margin and Apple has a 70% profit margin. If you're an idiot buying Apple then you're paying $1000 for a $200 phone, if you buy smart then you'll pay $150 for a $140 phone.

Since you're too stupid to understand this on your own even though it's obvious: Saving makes you rich, overspending on stupid things that give you the least amount of value for your money makes you poor.

xiaomi puts ads in the operating system, for example the lock screen

No rebuttal, pranjeesh?

I don't think this is a downside, op
Fail thread

Literally who defends it though? It's a fucking joke.
Most of the blame though lies on the manufacturers, Android doesn't work like Windows, Google isn't the ones supporting the devices.

Attached: 1522628851152.png (500x281, 183K)

>iPhones need constant updates and fixes to function because homos in cornflakes valley can't even shit out a proper os that isn't riddled with bugs
>Android just werks as is
really makes you think how hard your argument backfired

There aren't many chink parts in the iPhone, brainlet. Look up any teardown and check out the chips on the PCB. There are also JDI, Samsung and LG that make displays for Apple while your chinkshit gets a bottom of the barrel uncalibrated IPS panel and noname DAC. Yikes.

>not a new ip in thread
hmmm

>updates don't matter
>security fixes don't matter
>vendor support doesn't matter
>customer support doesn't matter
>there never was a time when android vendors abandoned a phone model without fixing all the bugs

Attached: 1507307547470.png (883x893, 253K)

>no argument
hmmmm

You’re really summoning that itoddler pajeet, OP

apparently they don't since Android is still the most popular phone os :)

Who said I was making an argument?
I just thought I'd call you out for being a faggot.

And? What, will you stop browsing the internet because somebody put an ad in your browser?
Act like an adult and block it if you don't like it, or do the needful and root+rom.

Nothing to say since you iRectalrape niggers haven't made an argument yet.

cry more

>popular
>fragmented as fuck

proof?

>have a 4 year old android phone
>updating from lollipop to oreo literally and actually breaks the GPS

Updates are a meme. You niggers haven't learned this lesson yet? Always disable updates.

I bought a device that doesn't require retarded hoop jumping to get a broken low end experience but without ads
I got a Samsung phone

Jesus fucking christ, you really are insecure.
You make several posts a thread but instead of replying to something you make it look like there are more people on your side and dismiss anyone else as an apple shill, when in fact the opposite is true, I use an Android phone.

Attached: 1524266030657.jpg (539x477, 34K)

quote me where I called anyone an apple shill honey
that's right, you can't

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-10-07 17-19-15.png (1654x849, 197K)

>apple shill
There we go, that was easy.

ah yes, the most popular phone os

:)

eww, yikes. i got physically sick just by looking at that graph.

>lets make every other line the same exact color but only slightly different

This is the worst graph.

Since when is installing an app "going through hoops"?

Any and all problems you have with android can be fixed with a bit of elbow grease.
iOS will permanently remain shit, and there will never be a thing you can do about that.
>Has touchwizz
So does my girlfriend, and the amount of bloatware on that piece of garbage is staggering.

what bloatware does it have?

what app removes built in xiaomi adshit?

>iOS will permanently remain shit, and there will never be a thing you can do about that.
According to someone who doesn't even know what is it like to have fluid UI?

get with the times you boomer and stop using an outdated phone.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-10-07 17-27-40.png (1636x836, 230K)

itoddlers BTFO

kek, googlejeets should join intel shills in their despair

How?

Because SoC manufacturer are such a dick. They doesn't even want to support software updates for more than 2 years. That's one of the reason why Apple made their SoC in-house.

This

Google is evacuating their play store to chrome OS

t. apple shill

I rather get no updates then updates that slow up my phone to make me upgrade.

Xiaomi devices also updated for more than 3 years. Well, as long you used the Snapdragons version, not MediaTek.

ios 12 actually improves performance

What are you angry at, pajeet? The fact that most Apple devices get the latest iOS version in mere months after the public release?

? My nexus still gets regular updates.

no

Uhhh yes?

t. Prakesh with chink abandonware

I have a Note9 :)

Literally just disable the recommendation on settings menu. Or if you want to get rid the ads completely, just use MIUI.eu or LineageOS. Unlocking bootloader is pretty easy on Xiaomi phones.

>have 2 year old apple phone
>get regular updates, but they're all designed to brick the phone so I get a new one

Don’t engage with Andreets.
Just post this image and leave.

Attached: 2FA4607A-1E92-4021-B9C4-062E02858519.jpg (2312x1156, 854K)

I'd prefer not having to whip out my tried and true pile-o'-shit iphone 4s.
My RMN3P is more fluid and runs faster and longer than my GF's comparatively way more expensive Galaxy S7

Blokada, adaway, anything that can act as a firewall, or simply do the easy thing and install a custom rom. My GF's phone had easily 40+ useless bloatware aps that couldn't be uninstalled without ADB. I wish I could have removed more but samshit is so messed up I was afraid of bricking her phone by uninstalling some useless-but-absolutely-necessary-to-run junk.

>buying a bomb
That’s illegal you know

Attached: 7E87112B-13E7-421A-B8B6-4DF2457B2EAE.jpg (2048x2048, 517K)

>have an iPhone 7
>literally get a better experience with iOS 12 than I ever did with iOS 10

Apple has literally admitted to bricking their own phones

>1 case
LOL

Lol, so Android is only better when you compare it to a 2011 iPhone? Talk about sinking so low.

Don't engage with iToddlers.
Just post this image and leave.

Attached: poorfag.jpg (578x712, 106K)

Actually this is the kind of shit EU court cunts are useful for
Forcing google and/or phone manufacturers to support older devices should be right up their alley for curbing the amounts of electronic waste generated.

>muh isolated incidents

Why did you post a pic of yourself?

xD

I bet you think your washing machine should get monthly firmware updates too

my washing machine isn't connected to the internet and in the process of being forced as a universal payment device.

Attached: 1499446549917.gif (411x458, 2.18M)

so?
has there ever been a case where a vulnerable android release was left unpatched?

gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=7863&idPhone2=6378

Best comparison I could find is iPhone 6, because that's more or less the price I paid for my Redmi.

I'll spoonfeed you because I'm nice.
> Li-Po 4050 mAh battery
> Li-Po 1810 mAh battery

explain how it's getting bloated and ishits are slowed down with the excuse of "the battery"

tell my vivo xl3 that it's not working

I just use BBOS 10, then Google doesn't have all my shit. Also get physical keyboard.

Only problem is the alphabets have the decryption keys since BBOS is compromised. At least it's not another data point for Google though. Also,
>dat Hub

bitch all phones get security updates, and the applications still work for older versions. Get ur head out of your ass

go suck my nova launcher dick

>ctrl+f “root”
>one reply

Jesus christ wtf
I buy used 2-year-old phones exclusively, and step #0 is rooting it.

>use stock rom for a few months
>get bored, finally kick back, strap in, head to xda-sirs.in
>flash the most stable ROM on the latest version of android (which is 2 releases ahead of whatever stock OTA the manufacturer has officially released for the device)
>enjoy better performance than stock

I thought everyone did this.

Attached: comfy.png (443x750, 222K)

>s9+
>custom roms
I have some news for you son

How do I root my LG Stylo 3 Plus using Ubuntu?

Really, brainlet? The fact that shitdroid Pie literally doesn’t run well on anything that has less than 3Gb RAM is not enough?

What?

intal a custom rom

What is your xda account, sir?

lol i have 6 year old android and i still get updates
i guess it depends on the manufacturer

phone?

Honestly, you're lucky. I have an S7edge, and the most recent update has rendered my phone unusable. I wish I din't get updates.